main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had to redo hollywood classics, or shows, or movies

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jan 2, 2014.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    If you had the opportunity to shoot a remake of a movie based on a tv show or movie or even a comic book like spiderman or superman how would you do it? Who would you use for characters. Who would use for villains? Who would you use for main characters? If you were making a sequel to a movie like say Superman who would you use as a villain? Go wild and use your creativity. Who would want to see Hollywood use to give a remake a good chance at success.

2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I would like to remake Casablanca as a Star Trek sequel. Captain Kirk has been driven out of the service and has opened a bar named "Jim's" in a deep space station that has been occupied by Klingons during a new universe intergalactic war. "We'll always have ShiKahr" is the quote everyone will remember.

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'd include Jar Jar Binks as a main character in the OT.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would make a sequel to Gone with the Wind titled Arrived with the Dry Air and have it be about Rhett dying of chronic eczema which would prompt Scarlet to find the last bottle of lotion in war-torn America. The movie would be 5 hours long and contain graphic disturbing images of Rhett's skin falling off as he itches away.

5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I just hope that the robots from The Black Hole are going to make an cameo appearance in the new Disney Star Wars films.

(Are you listening, J. J. Abrams?)

COMPNOR likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "The Thin Man" (1934)
    I'd cast Emma Stone as Nora Charles for sure.
    I'd like to have Orlando Bloom, James Franco or Ryan Gosling as Nick Charles. I'd have to see how they worked with Emma in the audition. I really liked the chemistry between Emma and Ryan in "Crazy Stupid Love".
    As for the rest of the cast, I'd really have to think about it, but I'd love to have some big names as the supporting cast.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I think a remake or vague sequel for The Black Hole should be in order.

8. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    That too.

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'd do a PG-13 less gritty remake of Taxi Driver starring one of the Helmsworth brothers.

Ender Sai likes this.
  10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I would remake Beverly Hills Cop 2, but with the Muppets.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would remake Robocop 3, but this time have it rated R and with Peter Weller.

12. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Would you have any sequels to your version of The Thin Man have the "Thin Man" words in the title somewhere, even thought said thin man wouldn't figure into the plot of the film and the only connecting tissue would be Nick and Nora Charles?

13. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Don't believe in remakes....but I would re-edit Citizen Kane to be a lot less boring and redundant.

Okay, so CFK decided to turn his mistress into an opera singer in order to bolster her reputation, despite the fact that she has no real ability and her voice coach hates her. Fine, fine.
    But did we really need to get a full length song from her to understand that she's no good?

And for the love of god, cut down the opening newsreel footage. Don't make it a full summary of the movie we are about to see. Just get to the main points to set the story in motion: CFK dies, his last statement is "rosebud". That's all you need. We don't really need to hear about his rise in business and politics, especially since we are going to see that later in the film.

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I understand the disdain for the newsreel sequence (it turned me off from watching it for a first time), but I don't think you appreciate its intent. It's not exposition for exposition's sake. It's exposition so that we don't need exposition when it matters. It's not a synopsis of the film (that would be absurd). It's a summation of the facts so that we know as much as Thompson. The sequence in Titanic where we see the computer simulation of the sinking has often been compared to the newsreel footage: we need to know how the ship sinks so we're not asking the wrong questions when the drama happens. If you're paying attention to the information conveyed in the newsreel, it can greatly enhance your reading of the film.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  16. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, I can see V.I.N.Cent showing up, and they could fix up old B.O.B. But Maximillian ended up in Hell, so that'd take some fancy footwork.

Of course, they could blow everybody's minds by having K-9, Robbie, the duplicate Maria, the 'bots from the S.O.L., and Hymie show up somewhere.

17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    "Saturday Night Live" sort-of did that a while back.

18. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009

So instead of Captain Butler, he's called Scratchy Butler?

19. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    It would have been more effective had the newsreel footage been cut down to 1/3rd its final length, and picked up with the reporter actually asking questions.

By minute five, I was like "why?"

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

21. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    I would remake a science fiction classic, wherein the final moments, Charlton Heston rides a horse down a beach
    and finds a towering, half-submerged statue of Alan Rickman.

Planet of the Snapes.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I haven't seen any of sequels, but you know how Hollywood loves sequels, so possibly/probably, I didn't give it much thought. As for the title, maybe it would change or I might have it in the script somewhere. Again, didn't really think about it, just thought of a movie I enjoyed and one that could use an update.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    How about we see a remake of Taken where Liam Neeson gets taken and his cat has to save him.

jp-30 likes this.
  24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I would remake Cocoon without the geezers. Seriously, who wants to see a movie about a retirement home?

Sarge likes this.
  25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I would remake the Lego Movie, but I would use Playmobil toys instead. I would call it The Playmobil Movie.