Info If you joined us to discuss New Star Wars Films, THIS is the place to start!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by The Hellhammer, Sep 9, 2015.

Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara
  1. The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Welcome to the Jedi Council Forums!

If you are looking for somewhere to discuss the upcoming Star Wars films and share your excitement with fellow fans, this thread is a great place to start! Our New Films sections are active, thriving communities that strive to provide a friendly atmosphere and bring you the latest on all new Star Wars developments. The scale and quick pace may seem overwhelming at first glance and we hope that this thread will help you find your way around :)

Below you will find a short guide to our New Films sections, with a quick overview of the rules, important threads and other useful information. Also, feel free to post in this thread any questions you might have or ask for help.

Have fun and we hope you enjoy your stay! :)

---------------------

We have five different forums for discussing the upcoming films:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    This is the area to discuss the first film in a new series of Star Wars spinoffs. Here you can find everything from film reviews to in depth discussions on all the characters, creatures, locations and more revealed in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Please be aware that no spoilers for the upcoming films are allowed in this forum.

Useful links
    Excited to discuss all the new characters and a few returning heroes (and enemies)? You can jump right into the discussion about all the main characters in their own threads:
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    This is the main forum for discussing all things related to the latest chapter in the ongoing Skywalker Saga. Here you can find everything from film reviews to in depth discussions on all the characters, creatures, locations and more revealed in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Please be aware that no spoilers for the upcoming films are allowed in this forum.

Useful links
    We are all curious to see what is happening with our favorite old heroes and meet new ones. You can jump right into the discussion about all the main characters in their own threads:
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed
    Often called 8 & 9SA for short, this is the main forum for discussing all things related not only to The Last Jedi & Episode IX, but to the Sequel Trilogy in general. Here you can find the latest official news, unconfirmed rumors, as well as speculate and discuss all sorts of theories with fellow fans. If you want to know everything there is to know before seeing the movie, this is the place to be!

Useful Links
    We are all curious to see what is happening with our favorite old heroes and meet new ones. You can jump right into the discussion about all the main characters in their own threads:
    Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed
    This is the forum that deals with all the non-episodic films of the Star Wars universe that have yet to be released. Much like 8 & 9SA, this is a spoiler zone where you can read up on the latest developments on the Han Solo movie and share your ideas about upcoming Anthology movies.

Useful links
    Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed
    This is the section where you can discuss all the upcoming movies in one place - without the fear of being spoiled! In order to prevent any malicious posts and protect our users from unwanted spoiler exposure, new members must first request access to the No Spoilers allowed section. Once granted, you will be free to join the discussion!

Useful links
    ---------------------

We hope that the links above have been useful in helping you get started with joining the discussion about the eagerly awaited New Films!

Most common questions are covered in the FAQ threads provided above. In case there is something else you wish to ask, or require any further assistance - do not hesitate to ask in this thread or directly contact one of our New Films Mods. ;)

You can find a list of the MODs (Masters of Death) for the New Film Forums HERE.

Once again, welcome to the Boards, hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time discussing the upcoming Star Wars films! :)
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    It's a great thread and I'm sure it'll help the new people around here! Thanks for posting! :D

@ all new members and all fans who can't wait for the new films, what are you looking forward to the most?

For me, I'm hoping for a similar hype like the one about PT (Prequel Trilogy). There will be great moments and I'm sure that watching TFA (The Force Awakens) with my FanForce (FF) will be a lot of fun!! :D

Sure, this isn't a technical question, but a little bit of small talk won't hurt and will help to get to know each other. :)
    Dagobahsystem and The Hellhammer like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Fearless Vampire Killer

Manager
    star 8
    I am personally stoked for the sequels and the potential of a Kenobi spinoff film. I need to see more from the official Anthology films before I get enthusiastic.
  4. The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Other than the main Sequel Trilogy, I am really interested to see if they will develop a live action series of some kind. The potential for awesomeness there is great.
    Skiara likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think I'm looking forward to the thrill and excitement of a new film the most--the overall experience. The music, opening crawl, sound fx, everything. I love all 6 films.
    Specifically, I'm curious to find out what the story will be like, as I'm sure I will love all of the other aspects of the film. Thanks!
    Skiara and The Hellhammer like this.
  6. KyloSolo Jedi Padawan

I'm very curious to see what the chemistry between the older and newer characters will be like.

P.S. BTW, this is my first official forum post so... HI! :D
    Last edited by KyloSolo, Oct 5, 2015
  7. Dagobahsystem Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    @KyloSolo
    Great point. I had not thought of that. I assume OT characters will be in a mentoring role, but hopefully there is more to it than that.
    Welcome KyloSolo! I'm new as well. This is a cool place to hang out! Have fun!
  8. Darth_EvilR3D Jedi Youngling

As far as the anthology films go, I'd love to see a Kenobi story set during his time on Tatooine. They're touch upon that in the comics but I think it would be a movie. And Ewen Mcgregor needs to play Obi Wan.
  9. Luke Skywalker 3.0 Jedi Youngling

10. Luke Skywalker 3.0 Jedi Youngling

Is cool
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a newbie here as well, but I have been a loyal follower of the Star Wars Franchise for a very long time indeed. I want to see the new characters that we can expect to see in the new EU. I know there are many folks who are resistant to the new canon, but I welcome it with open arms. I think we needed a re-boot.

I am stoked!
  12. Shrogue Jedi Youngling

New member here. Not sure where to ask this. But I'm looking for a picture. I want to make it into a sticker for my car. But the picture would be the stormtrooper helmet from the new movie that had the bloody fingers run across it. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.
  13. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  14. Shrogue Jedi Youngling

15. Inanna Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Okay I am really confused by cannon and what that means. How do I know if a book I am reading is cannon or not?
  16. Tim Battershell Jedi Master

star 5
    Found by searching for 'The Force Awakens, Finn's Helmet'
    Hope these help.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hi @Inanna
    From what I understand, I could be wrong, but canon now refers to:

Anything created, published, screened since Disney bought the rights off George Lucas, including:

The Star Wars: Rebels tv series

Star Wars: Battlefront video game reboot

Episode VII: The Force Awakens, and any future Disney-created films (SW films at any rate)

Any novelisations and visual dictionaries of the above, though the TFA film and novel tell slightly different stories, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

In addition: Episodes IV, V, and VI definitely

The Clone Wars animated film, I believe - heck,
    Show Spoiler
    if the 'Falcon can fly through a solid planetary shield at FTL and not smash into the ground
    , I suppose an AT-TE can scale a sheer vertical wall, why not?

Quite possibly Episodes I, II and III. Really not sure if they count as canon anymore, Disney and JJ have spent quite enough dollars ******* over them.

Non-canon - Expanded Universe books, products, roleplaying material, films not released theatrically in the US (eg. the two Ewok movies were TV in the States, theatrically in Britain and possibly Europe), so Rogue Squadron led by Wedge; Admiral Thrawn books; Han Solo and Lando trilogies; Young Jedi; Yuuzhan Vong; the Black Fleet Crisis; KOTOR, frag, all the earlier video games; and so on.

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Jan 6, 2016
  18. Headless magnaguard Jedi Youngling

I think ould be awesome if we saw some other type of lightsaber in 8 or 9 other than the normal saber. I know we got the crossguard lightsaber, but outside of the tv series and novelisations we've only really seen 3 unique lightsabers. Yoda's shoto, Darth Maul's double sided lightsaber, and count Dooku's curved hilt. It would be nice to see a lightsaber pike or someone dual weilding lightsabers in the films. Darth Maul and General Grievous were probably the most unique saber wielders in all 7 films so far,
    Show Spoiler
    but both of them died in kind of boring ways, which is kinda sad seeing how Grievous waas my favourite character despite his nerf from the original clone wars series- ROTS.
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]

Headless magnaguard threw 6-faced die for: 3 Total: 3
  19. ObiChips Jedi Youngling

Yeah, or how about nunchuck light sabers. Or axe sabers!
  20. Tim Battershell Jedi Master

star 5
    Anakin did some Jar'Kai in AotC.
  21. Knight of Ren Jedi Youngling

Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are canon. Also, though much(if not all) of the Expanded Universe/Star Wars Legends is no longer canon, many of its elements have been taken into canon.
  22. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    The new Character Encyclopaedia includes a few references to the various Star Wars Tales omnibuses - Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales from Jabba's Palace, Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

4-LOM's being staff on a luxury liner before turning to crime.
    Kabe the Chadra-Fan and Muftak the Talz, being a duo (Muftak having been abandoned on Tatooine before teaming up with Kabe)
    Dr Evazan trying (and failing) to repair Ponda Baba's injury at Obi-Wan's hands
    Max Rebo being paid in food - the band being on Jabba's sail barge, surviving - and breaking up afterward.

And so on.

This is probably a case of the Holocron being used as a source.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara