main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga If You Knew...(My first Obidala fanfic) - Repost!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    If You Knew...
    by Obi's Girl

Summary: First Obi-Wan/Padmé/Anakin fic. From reading other fanfics centering on the relationship between three, I thought I?d jut in my thoughts or rather Qui-Gon?s thoughts as he reveals what he already knew what was to happen and the consequences because of past events....
    Spoiler: Episode 3, when Qui-Gon appears before Obi-Wan, after he loses Anakin to the dark side.
    Disclaimer: I think we all know anything that comes from the Star Wars universe belongs to George Lucas alone.

The dark memory clouded Obi-Wan?s mind. In the past 24 years since the Battle of Naboo and after Qui-Gon?s demise, the Jedi Master became quick close friends with Padmé Naberrie, who was consequently, Queen Amidala in disguise. He had the deepest respect for Padmé, but he also felt something deeper, elusive, as he would say.

Love.

He loved Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, but so did Anakin. Only now, he was gone. Obi-Wan was there for her when she needed to let off steam or needed a shoulder to cry on. Of course, there were small instances where they came close to sharing a first kiss but drew apart because of the circumstances. Why Force, did he have to fall in the love with the same women his Padawan loved since the first day he met her in Watto?s junk shop? It wasn?t fair! He looked up at the door in front of him. Obi-Wan had come to talk Padmé. The Jedi needed to and he knew, so did she. Those times they came close to being more than friends scared her because she didn?t want to hurt Anakin. But now, it didn?t matter. Anakin was gone.

He huffed as he pressed his thumb on the COM pad, alerting the Queen of his presence. There was silence for a minute and then Padmé answered. ?Hello.?

Though her voice was soft, there was some hint of sadness. She had been crying and he knew why. Padmé had been crying, wrestling with the idea of loving her husband?s former Master.

Obi-Wan hesitated, and then went on. ?Padmé, it?s me. We have to talk.?

She was quiet, recollecting her thoughts then answered in a soft voice, almost a whisper, ?Come in.?

Senator Padmé Naberrie sat at her desk in silence, going over papers, jotting down notes, as if nothing bothered her. Obi-Wan half-smiled. The papers probably weren?t that important but it was the only thing she could do to keep her mind off her feelings. Finally, she stopped what she was doing and looked up at the Jedi Master, sitting in front of her. ?Obi-Wan, we?ve been friends a good long while. I?ve always trusted you...? she paused.

Obi-Wan caught glance of her brown eyes, letting her know she could go on. ?And...?

?It?s been a year, Obi-Wan, since the incident. And in that time frame, the grief of losing Anakin isn?t as big as it used to be because you were there. I never thanked you for that. Thank you.?

Now, it was Obi-Wan?s turn to look down. This wasn?t going the way he pictured it would. He expected that they?d talk about their feelings, explore what that meant. Instead of saying what he felt, he simply smiled. ?You did the same for me when Qui-Gon passed on. It seemed only fair that I...? and before he knew it, Padmé stood up, walked to his side, tilted his head and kissed him.

Every bone in Obi-Wan?s body ached. He hadn?t expected that she would be the one to make the first move. It didn?t matter. He always wanted her to kiss him since that day that they realized they were more than friends. She backed away then removed the necklace Anakin gave her when he was only 10 and placed it on her desk. In a way, that necklace was like an engagement ring, a symbol of what was to come between the couple.

Padmé looked back at Obi-Wan and smiled. ?You know, I remember when I first met you, I had the biggest crush on you.?

Obi-Wan smiled. ?Do you ever regret that you fell for Anakin first instead of me??

Padmé frowned slightly. ?I did. While Anakin was courting me, I had feelings for you also, which made my decision hard. If you mean to ask me, do I regret marrying Anakin instead of you? Obi-Wan, everyone has regrets

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    This is beautiful! I wish I saw it the first time round. :)

I especially like the sentence "Falling in love is a chance. You can?t control whom you love but you learn to not let love consume you because if it does, you?ll only worry about losing that person. If you do, you lose a part of yourself - that part of yourself can never be mended."

Wow. It's a great line, wonderful quote. And it's given me a greater insight into love.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    thank you, Valiowk. It's been a long time (2 years) since I've read my first Obidala fanfic. I'm glad you liked it.

I actually had to go back and read what I wrote to find where that quote came from, and I thought to myself, that sounds like something Padme would say and I found it and Padme did say it :D

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.