main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If you live in a part of the world that has seen the film... SPOIL IT FOR US

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope

2. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    One of the perks of living in a country where they show movies in the original language (in this case English) with subtitles is, that you can pick up barely audible stuff.
    What she heard from the cellar was the voice of a young girl (presumably her younger self) crying "no! Don't leave me! Come back!" (Or something along those lines)

3. Dallista321

Dallista321 Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2008
    This, +1. Very, very handy at times, especially with this movie, IMHO. There were quite a few scenes with some subtitled dialogues that I couldn't hear clearly enough, or at all.
    As a matter of fact, I doubt I would even have realized Han shouted the name "Ben!" the first time I saw it. If I hadn't seen it in the subtitles, I would probably have assumed it was another name (probably "Ren", even if that doesn't make much sense).

4. Nama Saya Tasu

Nama Saya Tasu Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2015
    Yes, there are female officers. And I'm convinced that in the final sequence, a stormtrooper with a female voice reports to Kylo.

solo77 likes this.
  5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Narrative, Han being killed by his son makes a lot of sense.

Already, Kylo Ren is more successful than Jacen Solo.

Luke02 likes this.
  6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    In the ot there was usually only 1 -2 females with a talking role. How many would you guess are in this film, I mean human females, Maz doesn't count

7. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes! There's a few on the bridge "weapons charged in ..." As imperial officers an Kylo talks to a female storm trooper when searching for Rey!

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    1. Because Han is NOT in the Obi Wan role. They're very different characters with very different worldviews.

2. The barebones plot has similarities to ANH, but it goes to different places/does it's own thing repeatedly.

propeller likes this.
  9. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    what about the line from the toy where Kylo says "your just a scavenger" like he is disappointed?

10. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    Why is C3P0's arm red?

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    For the same reason why his leg was silver in ANH probably. He's been around for a long time and has taken a beating. So they need to replace parts from time to time, not a big deal really.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  12. Lurtz

Lurtz Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2015
    They mistakingly replaced the correct one (which probably got damaged) with the red one.
    The only line said about it, said by C-3PO, goes along the lines of "BB-8, I have to remember to have my red arm replaced with the correct one"

13. Piranhaconda

Piranhaconda Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    I read "Is it true you're just a scavenger?" as inquisitive and suspicious if anything. That said, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that line isn't even in the finished movie. I don't remember it at least.

14. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    If Rey is Luke's daughter, then who could the mother be?

15. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm pretty sure she's referenced as General Leia Organa in the scroller.

16. Lurtz

Lurtz Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2015
    This question + the theory that Rey is the chosen one = there is no mother. Luke carried her, he gave birth, he raised her, he can't explain what happened.
    Jokes aside, as someone said she could have been a new character that had been killed by Kylo during his betrayal; though not even knowing whether Rey is Luke's daughter I find all this speculation somewhat pointless.

Dallista321 and Force22 like this.
  17. Piranhaconda

Apr 30, 2014
    Who knows. If she turns out to be Luke's, I wouldn't be too surprised if she's dead and never really figures into the story. It would be a bummer when they're going for an increased female presence in general, but with it already looking like RJ is introducing additional females based on the casting buzz, and Rey, Phasma and presumably Leia all carrying over, they might feel like it's enough. Especially if they've already got the older generation represented with Leia.

It would be pretty remarkable for a massive blockbuster to have two significant characters who are both female and in their 60s though, although I think they would probably skew a bit younger with Rey's mom.

18. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    What about someone like Kanan or Ezra from Rebels being her father, if they survived somehow?

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Just realized we won't see the burned Vader helmet anymore. It was still on Starkiller when it.. "blew up".

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    God no. They won't make her related to someone most of the fans have NO idea who they are.

21. Piranhaconda

Apr 30, 2014
    I don't think the mothership, as in the movies and in particular the main trilogy, is going to pull significantly from the expanded universe, as in to prop up legitimate plot points and arcs. It's just not how these things tend to work. The second the cast of Agents of SHIELD entered the official Marvel universe, they ironically became the people least likely to ever appear in any of the movies, because they're not going to assume that people have seen that much more niche thing and know them going in, and they're probably not going to use them anyway and spend time catching people up in the movie.

To the degree that a movie would ever tie back to the lesser, existing material, I think it's going to be mostly in the form it happened with Hux. It's just invisible to anyone who didn't dive in, and it has no bearing on what's on-screen.

22. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    perhaps, but I just have a feeling that they are going to tie in something from Rebels into the new trilogy since they made Rebels to be canon. There must be an Easter egg in there somewhere.

23. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    You guys were mentioning Kylo making a statement in a 2nd showdown with Rey in the next movie, could it possible be that Kylo could face off with Luke?

24. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    If Rey could kick Kylo's ass, Luke would absolutely demolish him.

25. Anleifr

Dec 17, 2015
    Do they mention how Kylo's sabre is constructed or when?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.