main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends If You Only Knew -- Post-ROTJ AU -- Han/Leia, Luke -- *UPDATED! 12/24/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Puggy, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    If You Only Knew
    by Puggy
    Post-ROTJ AU
    Han/Leia
    Some Luke (his existance plays a major role, although Luke himself is not the "star")

"If You Only Knew" is a post-ROTJ AU which takes shortly (as in, perhaps a few months) after the events in ROTJ. Any EU events have not taken place when this story begins. The story is primarily Leia's story, but, of course, Han plays a huge part, as well. Luke is also involved, as are "borrowed" characters (characters in the EU that I've decided to use, heh) and a few OCs here and there.

Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars, nor any of the characters, much to my dismay. :p

Plot Summary: A few months after the events in ROTJ, the hopes Leia had for her future unravel before her very eyes. The blissful life she once knew spirals out of control as lies, hatred, jealousy, betrayal, and deceit begin to take over.

Posting Days: Every Wednesday, hopefully. I'm definitely not letting this thing die; I'm very eager to write it all out.

Author's Note: I know, I started another story. I've been writing this one for awhile now, and I decided to post it because...

Today is my one year anniversary at the JC boards! And what a lovely year it's been! :)

All right, here goes nothing. Hope you all enjoy "If You Only Knew!"

Edit: EEPS! I forgot to thank my FAITHFUL beta, Sunshine! This story wouldn't exist if it weren't her help! :)

2. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Chapter One

Each time she gazed at her daughter's face, she saw not the irises of a baby, but rather, the color-shifting eyes of a man. He had been a man of her past, of days long ago, of times irretrievable. They were his eyes, and, as hard as Leia tried, she was never able to see them as Adreine's. Only Han's.

Gently, Leia lifted her daughter from the pink, lace covered bassinet. Then, she cradled baby Adreine in the crook of her arm and began rocking her to and fro. The child seemed content in her mother's embrace, offering to Leia what appeared to be a smile. Leia beamed back at her daughter, an action that evoked tiny laughs from the infant.

Although Adreine had been part of her life for the five months now, Leia was still amazed by the being she held in her arms. She was so fragile and beautiful, so innocent and weak. Leia had not been able to believe the amount of love she had immediately felt for her daughter, even before the child's birth. The child had a powerful presence in the Force, which Leia had felt all throughout her pregnancy and had been able to feel ever since.

As Leia began cooing jargon at her daughter, someone else entered the room. His Force signature, although significantly weaker than Adreine's, allowed Leia the knowledge of his identity, and she instantly ceased speaking. She felt a wave of embarrassment, along with its companions, guilt and fear, wash over her, as she turned towards the door.

?Why'd you stop?? her husband inquired, slowly approaching Leia and Adreine. ?I think it's cute when you talk to her like that.?

Leia blushed. ?It was silly of me to talk to her. She doesn't understand.?

?No one understands what any of that baby-blabber is,? he replied with a grin. When he reached out to stroke the infant's head, he noticed his wife flinch, as if her instinct had been to pull the baby away.

Leia realized her mistake at once, and she mentally cursed herself. She had kept it up for this long, but now that Adreine was actually here, it was incredibly difficult to pretend. Adreine was not a lie; she was a human being, and a baby, at that. And Adreine had the right to a father, regardless of whether or not that man was her father biologically.

Feeling as though she were giving a piece of herself away, Leia relinquished hold of Adreine and placed her carefully into Isolder's arms. ?Be careful,? Leia warned, panic clinging to her voice. ?You have to hold her head, but don't--?

Isolder laughed heartily, and even more so when Adreine, too, emitted a fresh batch of cheerful giggles. ?Leia, sweetheart, I know how to hold a baby! Goodness, I've held Addy plenty of times!?

Leia took a moment to recover from Isolder's casual use of ?sweetheart,? for even after over a standard year, she still associated that word with Han, and it felt wrong to hear it from Isolder's mouth. Picking up the conversation, she replied, ?I know, it's just that...? but her voice eventually trailed off, leaving her thoughts unfinished, as she observed the interaction between Isolder and Adreine. She could not help feeling nauseous.

Isolder shouldn't be the one holding her, Leia thought bitterly, crossing her arms over her chest. Han should.

After all he had done for her, Leia could not outright hate Isolder; in fact, she respected him greatly, and although she could never truly love him, she was quite fond of him. He had comforted her during the months she had spent grieving, he had given her a home, and he had also given her love. Now, Isolder would give these things to Adreine, as well, and Leia had to be grateful for that.

?She's absolutely gorgeous, Leia,? Isolder stated, obviously awestruck.

Leia forced a smile, then reached over to her daughter and tickled her stomach lightly. ?She is, isn't she??

Isolder, overtaken with joy, leaned over and planted a kiss on Leia's cheek. ?Thank you,? he said quietly. ?Thank you, Leia.?

Leia wondered if she could feel any guiltier than she did at this very moment.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Outlash outlash outlash outlash...

'Tis a wonderful start, Puggy! I, for one, cannot wait for more. *stern glance* Now, shall we finish this fic?

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent start, Puggy! You have me hooked with this one. I only wish you would post before Wednesday. I want to know what's going on here...what happened to Han and who (if anyone) did Luke murder?

5. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    OHH Puggy did you have to have her marry him??? Anyway I'm curious and you have my attention. Nice start.

6. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    I'm assuming AU means Author's Universe, or some such thing...If it doesn't I don't know what the hell is going on here.

Very interesting, regardless.

7. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    WHoa! This is really good. Amazing! How do you pronounce the baby girl's name? Oooo, the deceit! The lies! The awesomeness!!!

Murder? Lukie?
    Oh no! What has happened?

I don't think I can wait a week to discover more......

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. Windsor

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This is definitely an appointment story. Must-read writing. I will be here every Wednesday until the story is finished. My curiosity is definitely peaked over who Luke murdered and what has become of Han. Since this is an AU, I'm beginning to think that they never rescued Han from the carbonite. Killer start, Puggy!!! :)

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

:eek:

I know of your penchant for heart-wrenching fics, and how well you like to torture Han and Leia, but isn't it too soon to kill off Han just yet?

Where's my boy? (I don't believe for a moment you're not gonna pull him out of a magician's hat somewhere later ;) )

Great start, Puggy!

10. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Pugs, darling, you know I say this with the utmost affection:
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek: Han! Where are you??? I hope that Luke is not in prison for murdering Han! :_|

12. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    BEFORE I FINISH READING THE FIC(i read untill i read "Isolder") AHH WAHT IS GOING ON???

edit when finish... :D

DM

GOT HOOKED!! your an excellent writer, finish this one please or im going to flip out... ;)
    cant wait for more

DM

13. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Sunshine: *Giggles* Spellcheck AND dictionary.com said out lash or out-lash, so I went with out lash, 'cause I don't like the dash.

Now, shall we finish this fic?

You, of all people, should know how bad I am at finishing fics. :p You've definitely read a heap of my introductions and Chapter Ones and half-finished vignettes, LOL.

HanSolo29: Thanks bunches!

I only wish you would post before Wednesday. I want to know what's going on here...what happened to Han and who (if anyone) did Luke murder?

The reason I can only post on Wednesday is because I'm scared I'll run out of chapters, LOL. I only have 4 written as of now, eehee... But those next chapters, and then probably the one I've got to write next, should explain what happened to Luke and Han. :)

starwars86: OHH Puggy did you have to have her marry him???

Heh heh... You'll learn why she did it... Eventually!

alpha_red: AU actually stands for "Alternate Universe." An AU fic disregards or makes up certain parts of the SW canon univerise, basically. It's pretty much a fic where an author can do whatever he/she wants. :)

A-Windsor: Thanks for the compliments!

How do you pronounce the baby girl's name?

I guess there's no right way to pronounce it, actually. Sunshine and I had a conversation about it earlier this month, and we ended up with about seven ways to say the baby's name, LOL! When I say it though, I say: A-dreen. The "a" is like the "a" in "apple," and "dreen" rhymes with "teen." :)

Solo_Fan: This is definitely an appointment story. Must-read writing. I will be here every Wednesday until the story is finished.

*Blushes insanely* You're absolutely one of the sweetest readers I've ever had!

Oh--and just to tell you, Han was rescued from carbonite. I decided to invent my own method of torture. :p

LadyPadme: I know of your penchant for heart-wrenching fics, and how well you like to torture Han and Leia, but isn't it too soon to kill off Han just yet?

Yeah, but by killing Han off now, I get it over with sooner! You don't have to wait until the end to know that Han dies! *Giggles* Although, Han does show up in the next few posts...

RogueSticks: STICKSY! *Tackles and hugs Sticks* Haven't talked to you in a awhile! And to answer your question: I've done a lot... [face_devil]

GreatOne: Han! Where are you???

He's, um, somewhere... :p I hope you stick around to see where he's gone.

DarthMason: Thanks so much! :)

See you all Wednesday! Thanks for reading!

14. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    Well, one can dream, can't one?

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh my, I'm intrigued! I'll definitely be following this fic. :D

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

16. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Sunshine: *Giggles* I heart you.

Daughter of Yub-Yub: Thanks a bunch for reading! :)

17. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Sounds good. :)

A. Windsor

18. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Great start Puggy!

Where is Han!? Who did Luke murder?! So many questions! Can't wait for more!

Good work!

19. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Ooooh, I got it! Kyp murdered Luke and framed Han to take the fall! :p Kidding! Or am I! ;)

20. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Puggy: Great...I get to comment on one of your fics!!!

This is an excellent start, though:

a. Why in the world would she marry that idiot Isolder?

b. How is it that Isolder can't figure out that it's not his baby? They have space ships but no DNA testing? Oh, wait...I forgot...Isolder is an idiot :)

c. Luke, a murderer? Now, I could see it if you had Han in jail for something like that, but Luke seems a bit far-fetched. Did he accidentally zap a sentient bug with his lightsaber? :)

OK, enough questions...I do have a few suggestions. Since the baby is Han's, that means that he got very close to Leia at some point. I expect to see some nice flashback scenes.

Also, are you and Sunshine ever going to fix that other fic where Han leads a military operation and is captured and Leia is attacked (or did you finish it already and I missed it)?

You've got me hooked on this one...looking forward to more from the founder of the Han Torturers Society!

21. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Isolder?? NOOOOO! and my precious Hannie-Poo dead? Methinks you have been around Ladypadme too much.... THis is pure H/L toucher....

But I must have more. When's the next post?

22. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    Ha ha ha, Pug, QoA named you the founder of the Han Torturer's Society! Your favorite thing now has a society! Woo hoo!

Ice Ice Baby having a brain? Naaaah.

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Hmm... is Luke by any chance in jail for murdering Han? If so, please say Han isn't really dead!

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

24. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Han? Dead?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

25. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Humm... Puggy hasn't said in as many words that Han is dead... so there might still be hope! :D

*is optimist*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.