main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends If You Only Knew -- Post-ROTJ AU -- Han/Leia, Luke -- *UPDATED! 12/24/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Puggy, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I kind of hope Leia is betraying Han in your story, because that might mean he is still alive somewhere. Did they ever recover his body? And is Luke really going to be let out of jail after Leia marries Isolder, because if I remember correctly from the first post, Luke was still in jail when this started? Anyways, good post!

2. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    :eek:

Oh My! Frankly Puggy you almost make me cry which is not an easy task.
    What a sad episode. - sights deeply-

After I read my daily H/L and I got properly dapressed (am 9.16 in Hungary) I have to find some fun stuff quickly.

Now I only wish one or two more Wednesday a week.

Zsuzsa

3. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    This is great! So much wonderful intrigue, and twists and secrets.

Poor Leia, poor, poor Leia. That must be really awful.

You've done a wonderful job and I hope tobe able to read so much more soon.

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awwww poor Leia. . . .

man that was fast. .. 5 days. . . poor girl. ..

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *sniffs*
    No, Leia, don't, don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How can she marry the prat?

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *ups the thread*

I'm not sure what's going on in little Leia's mind... I know it's crammed with all sorts of random things, but what wires crossed to make her think marrying Ice Ice Baby is a good idea?

And the dress.

Don't get me started on the dress.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awww...poor Leia. :( I just hope Han's around somewhere to make her feel better. ;)

Great post!

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great posts! Poor Leia

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

9. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Great post!

The connection between Leia and Winter was great, and the wedding gown sounds gorgeous, the description was great! Good work!

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Upping this and tapping impatiently on table. *tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap* (that can get annoying, you know...)

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I know... I know...

I'm INFAMOUS for this.

I'm not putting this story on an undetermined hiatus. I like it too much--I acutally like where it's going to eventually go. The problem is, I don't have time to get it there... yet. I always hate writing up chapters really quickly, when I'd much rather take time and actually put in a good effort. I love writing, I honestly do, but I'm so picky about what I write.

I'm very, very sorry, but for the next two Wednesdays, there will be no post. I really hate to do this... I mean, this story isn't that great, but I HATE letting readers down. I feel awful. You guys take the time to read my story, and I can't even repay you by actually writing anything. Blah. It's just that school is over (for the holidays, at least) in two weeks, and teachers always use these last two weeks to finish up whatever it is they're doing. I've got projects being thrown at me left and right, tests and quizzes on material I certainly don't know enough about... you get the drift. ;)

So, thank you ALL for reading and tolerating my non-update-ness and me. I really, truly appreciate it.

See you soon, and thanks again!

12. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Awwwww! Oh well, we'll jsut wait (im)paitently for a new post! Evil DRL!
    We still lvoe ya Puggy!

:~:Targeter:~:
    :*BOOM!*:
    ~*~Explosion Girl~*~

13. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    *sighs* Yes, the story is great!!! Ok! Fine! :( Do your homework first, if you must..... but you'd better post during Christmas vacation! :) :)

14. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    You're going to leave Leia in that dress for TWO WEEKS just WAITING for her nuptials to IIB?

Jeez, Pugs, you're cruel.

;)

Just kidding. Kick back, relax, we'll keep the torch burning.

*does Olympic run with torch*

15. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::knocks Sunny down and steals torch:: MUAHAHAA!!!

And no rush, Pugs. I'd be more stressed out if I weren't so informed. So, since I'm not stressed, have no fear of fire from me. ::waves Oylmpic torch:: This is just for fun. And cuz I wanted to knock Sunny down.

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Puggy: I can wait awhile for a new post, just so long as you do your utmost to eventually finish this story.

Happy Holidays! :)

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm sorry to here that, Puggy. Oh well, you have to do what you have to and sometimes it's not fun. Good luck with your school work. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next post! :D

18. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    :( :_|

Bad news. Poor Puggy!

The end of year here in my workplace is awful too. Just like a mental asylum really.

-reads her medical test-
    O.K. :)

I could survive 2 more weeks without new chapter.

Zs.

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Puggy, if I were to complain about you taking time to focus on DRL, it would make me the world's biggest hypocrite. Good luck with your schoolwork!

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

20. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    *glares at Sticks from floor*

When you get back here with that torch, Sticksy... I'ma sic somethin' bad on you. Leia's dress, perhaps.

21. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    **agrees with Puggy** Teachers love to kill us the last two weeks... im counting the HOURS untill vacation!!!
    AHHH

dont worry Puggy I know how it feels!!!

DM

22. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Up, up, up! :D :D

23. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    I am the magic Up Fairy... I up the threads... See?

UP UP AND AWAY!

24. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Giggles* I love the fact that I get almost more replies when I don't post than when I do. I heart my readers. [face_love]

- - -

Okay, here are the replies for Chapter Eight:

A-Windsor: Oh my goodness... This is so beautifully sad.... I loved Leia's musings and that it is tearing her up inside to do this......

Why, thank you! Of course it's tearing Leia up--who would really want to marry Isolder? :p

Sunny: Well, while it sucks to be Leia, the worst of all her problems (marrying IIB, Han being dead, Luke being in jail, etc.) is her dress.

So. Not. True. You saw her dress. It's gorgeous. Leia's just bitter. :p

!! For anyone else who wants to see Leia's dress, *this* is what I imagined. :)

GreatOne: Yes, Leia, you ARE betraying Han! A living Han or a dead Han, you are still betraying Han! Bad move, Leia, BAD, BAD, move!

LOL, is this a strike against Leia? ;) Believe me, her decisions will come back to haunt her. *Clamps hand over mouth*

Peregrine7: Hang in there, Leia. Hang in there...

Someone who's hopeful! I love optimists, especially ones who don't know my evilness all too well. [face_devil] :p

Solo_Fan: I kind of hope Leia is betraying Han in your story, because that might mean he is still alive somewhere.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? :)

Did they ever recover his body?

*Whistles innocently* Mebbe, mebbe not...

And is Luke really going to be let out of jail after Leia marries Isolder, because if I remember correctly from the first post, Luke was still in jail when this started?

Yep, you remember correctly!

I promise, all these questions will be answer. It'll just take awhile--and I hope you stick around for the ride! :)

zsuzsa: Oh My! Frankly Puggy you almost make me cry which is not an easy task.

Aww! I'm sorry! I never mean to make people (almost) cry... I always feel so bad when I do.

Kazzy: This is great! So much wonderful intrigue, and twists and secrets.

Wow! Thanks! And welcome to the story!

marmijade: awwww poor Leia. . . .

I know, poor gal, eh? I'm so mean to her, lol. :p

CodeName_Targeter: How can she marry the prat?

She can and she did! I hope this next chapter will help you better get into Leia's head.

Sunny Again: Don't get me started on the dress.

IT'S A PRETTY DRESS! SHE. IS. JUST. BITTER! YOU KNOW THIS! *Giggles insanely*

HanSolo29: I just hope Han's around somewhere to make her feel better.

Aww, that'd be so nice! Maybe he is. ;)

Yubsie: Poor Leia

That seems to be a common sentiment around her, eh? :)

The_Jesstar: The connection between Leia and Winter was great, and the wedding gown sounds gorgeous, the description was great!

Aww, you're too kind! Thank you very much! :)

GreatOne: Thankees for the up!

- - -

Now, the replies to my "leave of absence":

CodeName_Targeter:
    Evil DRL!

Tell me about it!

We still lvoe ya Puggy!

Aww, why thank you!

GreatOne: You really are too nice to me.

but you'd better post during Christmas vacation!

;) I got one all ready!

Sunny: Jeez, Pugs, you're cruel.

I know. [face_devil]

Sticksy: ::knocks Sunny down and steals torch:: MUAHAHAA!!!

You are SUCH a pyro, you know that? You used to wave matches on my other fic. ;)

Solo_Fan: I can wait awhile for a new post, just so long as you do your utmost to eventually finish this story.

I WILL! I promise! Honest to goodness! :)

And Happy Holidays to you, too!

HanSolo29: Thanks so much! It's nice to have school out of the way--except now, I bundles of projects, LOL! At least I have heaps of time to do them. Thanks again!

[b

25. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Author?s Note: For anyone who watches Alias (*giggles* Poor Yubsie--even on my thread, I talk about that show! LOL.), some things may be strangely familiar. I began this story (and its entire plot-outline) back in the summer of ?03--before I was even interested in Alias, and I only now realize how closely it follows it at times. I didn?t mean for it to happen that way, honest, lol. So, anyway, I promise Han/Leia/Isolder won?t become the next Syd/Vaughn/Lauren, but at times, you?ll be thinking it?s gonna be that way. ;)

*Looks at that AN* *Realizes she just gave away a lot* *Decides not to say anything more*

Oh, and thanks to Sunny, who helped me out bunches with that chapter, especially with a particular word I couldn't, for the life of me, think of. *Huggles* :)

- - -

Chapter Nine

Leia had always considered it the ultimate betrayal.

She knew she could never commit such an act. She would never allow herself to betray the person she loved, whomever he may be. She promised herself she would always remain faithful and true.

And now, Leia realized, she had broken that promise in two.

Leia was unsure as to what would drown her first--her guilt, her misery, or the water in the bathtub. She had been soaking for the past two standard hours, desperately trying to cleanse herself. After the first hour, Leia realized that a simple bath could not serve as a remedy for her desolation, and so she decided to wallow in the water--along with a wide range of emotions--a little while longer.

Isolder had tapped upon the bathroom door many times. Every other knock, he would inquire gently, ?You all right, my love?? (To which she would reply, ?Yes, fine, thank you.?) In between those check-ups, he would either ask, ?When are you coming to bed?? (?In a little while?) or ?Would you like some more bubble bath?? (?No, thank you, I?ve got plenty?).

It was a standard Hapan tradition for the royal newlyweds to consummate their marriage shortly after the ceremony and reception. Leia had known about and had dreaded this custom since she delivered her vows, although the custom itself was not at all uncommon. Many cultures had similar institutions for royalty, which was supposed to breed as quickly as possible.

Isolder had been very kind during the whole ?ordeal,? as Leia cruelly thought of it. It frightened her slightly when she realized that this man, this prince she hardly knew, truly did care for her, and wanted nothing more than to offer her love and happiness.

And Leia had pretended to love him just the same.

It was a twisted game she had begun to play, but she had already devised her strategy. By allying herself--and the New Republic--with a planetary system like the Hapes Cluster, she had given herself security. And the power she had received--the power of a queen--was greater than the power she had held at the New Republic, and therefore, Leia had much more leeway to do as she pleased. Leia had no intentions of wreaking havoc upon the Hapes Cluster, but she knew that her newly granted power as Queen Mother of Hapes would aid her in freeing Luke and uncovering the truth about Han?s murder.

It was the least she could do, she believed.

Of course, because this was the life of Leia Organa, the problems did not end with her arranged marriage. As she had known since the day after the night of Han?s death, Leia was with child. The baby, undoubtedly, was Han Solo?s--something which, at first glance, would seemingly complicate matters.

Leia, however, felt otherwise.

Carrying a baby right at this moment was perfect; she could not have timed it any better herself. She could pass her child off as the heir to the Hapan throne--after all, in a society like Hapes, daughters were ?treasured? more than sons--without a single question being asked. The dates on which she had been intimate with a man were so close together that she could easily claim Han?s daughter to be Isolder?s.

As she allowed herself to continue thinking this way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.