main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you only knew the power of NC...

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by BrianMan, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    You know, North Carolina has all kinds of people in it, I mean we're about the 7th in size or something aren't we? So it's surprising we don't have more activity going...there's 6 FanForces, and that's without Winston-Salem, Greensboro, really the whole Triad. We could wield a lot of fan influence, or at least look really cool.

One thing lacking is communication, unless you visit TFN you really won't know a FanForce exists. I wouldn't have known about the IQM either if it wasn't for this site. Maybe the North Carolina FFs should band together and start making themselves known, I'm sure this would do wonders for PR and bolster the ranks.

What you think?

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    You are deffinately right! Many of the FF's are coming together this August 9-10th at the ImperialQuarterMaster in Raleigh. We are getting a booth and hope to raise money for our clubs (providing we get a few more details worked out with the ones running the convention). But the big thing about having a booth is to promote our club - we all need more members. The plan is to have a sign up sheet - that way people aren't just taking home a flyer which can get lost so we can get in touch with them later. We will also have people put down their city, so the list of interested people will be directed to the appropriate club. This could be huge! They are going to be promotoing with commercials for this event on primetime tv. The last one in Greensboro was awesome and there were so many Star Wars fans there - this time its time to get the word out about us!! :D

We are also working on a T-Shirt that will have the names and cities of all the NC FF's listed on the back - its still in the design stage but its another form of advertising.

3. BrianMan

Jul 16, 2000
    Ah, that sounds like a good idea, with the whole unified front thing going...that'll be a good approach in the long run, I think. We may want to try and get in touch with places without groups yet like Greensboro, etc. and see if they can get into this too, if these shirts are gonna be mass-produced.

Also, my cousin runs a shirt-printing company down in Goldsboro, so I can get in touch with him about this and see what I can do.

4. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Actually we have someone in Greensboro that is getting ready to start up a Greensboro FF (padawan311). Hes hoping to use IQM to find more people interested in the Greensboro area so he has something to work with.

I believe he also works at a place where they do clothing/shoes etc and hes the one working on a design for the t-shirt. Hes working out something with his boss where he can get the shirts pressed.

If you know anymore fans in teh greensboro area send them his way.

5. BrianMan

Jul 16, 2000
    Awesome, this whole state is lighting up. I'll see what I can do about scrounging up some fans, I think I know some people who'll be very interested...

6. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    What's the PR and what ranks are we trying to bolster? [face_devil] spooky-kid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.