main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends If You?re Not the One ~ a Kyp angst songfic (thanks TKL!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    If You?re Not the One ~ a Kyp angst songfic

The song is "If You're Not the One" by Daniel Bedingfield. Thanks to TKeira_Lea for the song!

I?m an idiot, and this really isn?t that great. Sorry for all the angst guys?maybe there?ll be a sequel!

Disclaimer: It ain?t mine, I?d never claim that it was, don?t sue!

------------------------------------------------------

If you?re not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?

He paused beside her, watching. Her eyes, glistening and looking like brandy-colored diamonds, were glued to the sky. A tiny dot was disappearing into the clear blue.

?We both knew he?d go sooner or later.? As soon as he said it, he regretted how insensitive it sounded. Maybe someday he?d actually get to the point where he didn?t say everything that came to his mind.

?I know. I guess I was in denial.?

?Maybe.? He hated himself. He shouldn?t be feeling so glad when she was in such pain. He shouldn?t be feeling glad at all. Why was he, if he wasn?t in love with her? And he wasn?t; he?d told himself so countless times.

Then why did he even care if Jagged Fel was gone?

If you?re not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?

Something small and soft and warm brushed against his hand, and he glanced down, shocked, to see Jaina slipping her hand into his.

?Tell me everything?s going to be okay?,? she begged.

He squeezed her hand. ?It will. Everything turns out alright in the end. If it?s not alright, it?s not the end.?

He glanced down at their clasped hands, wondering at how perfectly hers fit in his, like they were made for each other. But they shouldn?t. They weren?t in love.

She laughed, but the tone was bitter. ?I never took you for one who believed in faerie stories. And this isn?t a faerie story.?

?No, but it holds true. Do you think I could have made it through this sorry excuse for a life if I didn?t believe it??

If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?

He felt her reaching out for him in the Force, and their life-Forces melded into one. She closed her eyes, and he could feel her reminding herself of everything he?they?had been through. ?No,? she whispered. ?I?m glad you can believe it, because I can?t.?

They were one person, now.

But they weren?t meant to be and he knew it. So why could they speak to each others? hearts this way?

If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?

He was in denial himself, and he knew it. He had always, even while
    denying it, held on to the hope that one day things would change, and he would have a chance. He wouldn?t have made it this far if he hadn?t, in a tiny part of him, been able to hold on to that hope.

?I?m here, Jaina. And I?ll never leave you.?

I never know what the future brings, but I know you are here with me now

Nothing clamed Kyp more than watching the stars. So he sat in front of the viewport in Shelter, gazing at them, more at peace than he could remember being in his life. But the peace, for once, came not form the pristine majesty of the shining distant pinpricks of light, but from who he held in his arms.

Jaina?s warm body rested against his, her head on his shoulder, wrapped in his arms. She was sleeping, finally, after crying for hours on his shoulder, all over Jag.

He knew she?d only turned to him for comfort, because she had no one else to turn to, and that she really wasn?t his. Sooner or later, she would realize that she could live without him and would leave. But for now, for this moment, she was in his arms, where she belonged, whether she knew it or not, and whether he could bring himself to admit it to his own heart.

We?ll make it through

They would make it through this, and through the war. Together they had the strength, even if it didn?t come from mutual love. But the strength of their hearts as one would pull them through.

And I hope you are the one I share my life with

Maybe she would leave, sooner or alter, but for

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    evil!!! My poor Kyp!!!!

That was ssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad!!!!!!! And the worst thing is that while I was reading this the song I was listening to wasn't helping me at all!!!!

*want to cry now...*

But otherwise...it was beautiful JJD..... :)

3. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    OMG!
    Yesterday I was driving in the car and the song came on the radio and I was about to flip it when I stopped and listen to the lyrics, and then I thought it was such a perfect Jaina/Kyp song... Which was then followed by why hasn't anyone done a songfic to it. Of course it's today that i come on and see it.

Yahoo!

But it's so sad :_|... Jaina needs to realized whats right infront of her.

~EBrooklynW

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    You are EVIL! Write that sequel!

~~Jilly

5. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm, evil isn't the right word, devious is more like it. Truth to tell I don't really know what to think of this songfic, but I loved the way in which you painted the emotions!

6. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR PINCHED MY SONG FOR MY VIGGIE!!!!! :_|

Dibs on Delta Goodrem. No one else go anywhere near her CD or I will..... not read your stories no more!!!

Apart from that, it's a great fic JJD. And no, I won't stay angry with you. :p

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    C3SoloP0- Sorry for almost making you cry! :D [face_devil] Thanks!

EBrooklynW- That's kinda freaky...mmm...Thanks! And I agree with you...Jaina's an idiot! 8-}

Jilly- Yes, MA'AM! ;)

Elfsheen- Devious, huh? I kinda like the sound of that! [face_laugh] I'm not sure what to think of it either. I don't know where it came from. But thanks anyways!

the_jedi_princess- Sorry! [face_blush] No, I won't go near that CD...and you could always write another songfic to this, you know. Wouldn't bother me a bit. Thanks! And I'm glad you're not mad at me!

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
  9. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh very sweet...very sad... 8-} Loved it ^_^ Yes, you should definitly write a sequel!

EJ

10. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I loved it, but I am a J/Jer. But you wrote this very nicely and I LOVE the song choice. A sequel would be cool. I would read it. :D

11. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    poor guy!!!! does he kill himself at the end? or does he just simply fly away? thats the one thing that got me kinda confused abt this. but otherwise it was REALLY good. i like the way u did kyp's emotions (even tho im a jjer).

12. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    More please that was very good. the funny thing is that my boyfriend just reguested that song on the redio to me, just as i started to read your story. which i think is so very kool. keep of the good work JJD and hugs.

13. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, poor Kyp!!!

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!
    You can't leave us like that!

Great fic. For someone who isn't a HUGE fan of K/J, well, you wrote it well enough so that even I could get into the story. Awesome! :D

14. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *cries* That was so sad!!!

Poor Kyp!!!

~Rogue

15. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_love] Oh, that was beautiful . . . it doesn't matter that there was no mush, it was beautiful all the same. *sighs happily* And the song was absolutely perfect--I can understand why TJP would be rather unhappy about not being able to use that in a songfic . . .

-duskwings

16. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh the evilness of this story! What have you done??

Well it was great even if you tortured him so much and left us without a proper ending...well let's just say the ending we all hoped for 8-}

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Ooh! Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

18. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Where is that sequel hmm?

~~Jilly

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    I can't believe i gave two individual reviws... where was my brain at the time?

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| AWWW!!! Poor Kyppie!

Great job on that Jedi_Jaina_Durron!!! That was fantastic, even if it was angsty. ;)

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks, LJS-!

Elfsheen- Gee, I don't know. Where was your brain? 8-}

Jilly- Sequel...Yeah, I need to write that...I forgot. 8-}

22. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    *Cries*

Oh, I wanted someone to do a **happy** fic to this song! But, this was sad. :(

Still good, though. :(

*Plays the song to make him happy again*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.