main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "If You Seek His Monument, Look Around You" - The Man of Steel and Announced Sequel Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    IMO the suit is...ok. It definitely needs more red to contrast all that blue and grey. They yellow on the shield could definitely be brighter, but nay on the idea that it should glow brighter/dimmer to indicate solar charge. No...just, no. It's simply too silly and this is Superman we're talking about here, not Wall-E.

But why the chain-mail like design? He's Superman. Man of Steel and all that. Why would he wear something akin to rudimentary armor when the character doesn't need any armor?

2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Not just the logo, the entire suit was my idea. And not glow like a lamp, just that that the color is more saturated. I'm mostly fine with the suit. I just think it's a little desaturated and that it needs some more red to contrast the blue. The red line around the waist where his belt would have been that was proposed two pages back looked good. My idea was that the colors of his suit would become more saturated, deeper colors the more charged he was and more muted and greyish the more depleted and tired he was. I'm definitely split on the idea myself. Partly, I think it would be a cool detail, while partly I think it would be silly. On the chain-mail design, my suspicion is that in this version, the suit is just a regular Kryptonian outfit without particular significance, that Clark just adopts when he becomes Superman. I think the intention is to make it foreign (alien) looking.

3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Third trailer is up.

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Good trailer. Hope the movie turns out that way.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'll be honest, I'd cooled off considerably on this, but this latest trailer's got me crazy excited. Just... all of it. It's a great trailer. Can't wait.

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    It's all about the music for me. Until now we've just had temp tracks. The first teaser trailer made the bizarre choice of using an iconic LOTR cue. Then we had the leaked Comic-Con trailer which used Zimmer's "Journey To The Line", which is a powerful if rather melancholy piece. Then we had the full trailer which had some rubbish choral number from I forget where.

None of those sounded appropriate for Superman. But this does. This sounds like it might be from Zimmer's actual score for the film, and I love it.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I went from hopeful to meh, but now I'm back up to hopeful.

8. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I am not terribly interested in anymore dark and gritty reboots. Enough is enough.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Tentatively hopeful.

They are not going to avoid saying Superman in the movie, right?

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    WHY IS EVERYTHING BLUE

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought she was saying something dirty at first because they interrupted it.

Life and Darth_Invidious like this.
  12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    "This isn't an s. not only do the people on my planet look exactly like you, but we have the same symbols. This symbol definitely came before you're about to come up with the name everyone will call me."

This is the dumbest change about superman's origin ever, I have to say. Obviously the costume was designed , initially, because his name is superman. Why is that a bad thing? Why does it have to be his house crest or "hope" on his planet? It annoys me. If you want it to be his house symbol he wears or whatever, just make something new up. It's an s! This explanation they always have to take the time to enlighten us about is so stupid. "Well it sure looks like an s to me, and you're so super. Hyuck, we'll call you superman now". Ugh.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "I can be those things! I killed those people!"

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Uh, wasn't that also the case in the very first Superman film?

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yep. This. This sounds more like Superman. It seems almost influenced by Williams while distinctly Zimmer. This definitely feels like the music much like Dark Knight Rises had the soundtrack for its last big trailer. While still upset about no Williams March, I can say that what I've read about Zimmer doing the score, he has immense respect for Williams and even procrastinated for a few months because of it. Hoping for another memorable theme. I do like much of Zimmer's work so I suppose if anyone had to follow Williams, better him than some of the others.

Life likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    All the other symbols of the council even in the older film had non-English symbols.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, this S thing is an explicit shout-out to Birthright, not one of the older films.

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I've been incredibly meh about this from the start, but that trailer looked awesome.

19. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    What part, specifically?

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Looking Awesome.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Kick ass trailer. I'm definitely back to hopeful. And that music. I love it! I'm not sure if it's actually from Zimmer's soundtrack but it is finally the sort of tone these trailers needed.

Lara: "He'll be an outcast...they'll kill him."

Jor-El: "How? He'll be a god to them."

Reminds me of a caption written a awhile back, where Batman muses about that godlike status: "How fortunate for us that the thought does not occur to him". That there pretty much defines Superman's character for me.

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I also loved the line, which was in the Jor-El teaser, about inspiring people towards greatness. It's perfect.

yankee8255 likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You're not alone; Wocky will also have a bunch of esoteric concerns about the film.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That trailer was the first one to get me legitimately excited. That drum heavy music has me going crazy for the score. I don't think it'll ever match up to Williams' original...but if it's different enough, it can do a pretty damn good job of it.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You cannot beat William's score. It's not just that Hans Zimmer isn't up to Williams' standard - that music was perfect for Superman. Untouchable.