main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You Were Luke, Wouldn't You Be Peeved?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Amir, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amir

Amir Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    Getting over the shock of the evil Vader being your father and the girl you had a crush on being your sister, wouldn't you think "Wait a minute...". Think about it, Leia is brought up on the lush planet of Alderaan, earning the title of Princess because her mum is Queen (correct me if I'm wrong), while Luke grows up on a shoddy little farm on a backwater desert planet where you have to look after moisture vaporators. I'd be really mad that I got the raw end of the whole adoption deal. Royalty vs. Farmboy. No contest.

Amir

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Ah, but Luke was raised by family. Leia was raised by strangers.
    That has to count for something.

Plus, he got the lightsaber, and the training.

3. crazyjedi1989

crazyjedi1989 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    altho if luke woulda lived on alderaan obi-wan may have been able to train him sooner

4. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I think Obiwan split them up because he wanted to confuse Vader and Palpatine, for example Palpatine told Vader that Luke was his son but since Leia's last name was Organa, Palpatine did not know that she was related to Luke and Vader. If Luke had the same last name as Leia then he would of probably be safe, but Obiwan put Luke on Tatooine because he knew that one day he would have to train him(and family of course). Obiwan probably did not want to train two padawans so he let Bail Organa keep Leia, he also did this because her mother was a good polotician and he probably thought that she would be good polotician too.

5. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    "Waaaait. Leia's my sister? I had a crush on my SISTER?!" *insert mega blush here*

"You think YOU'VE got problems; my father's a Sith Lord!"

6. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Darth-Indiana-Bond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Family issues, do I hear Jerry Springer

7. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Forget Springer, do I hear lawsuit?

8. Jedi_Knight_Phoenix

Jedi_Knight_Phoenix Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    To answer your question I quote Master Yoda, "anger, fear, agression, the Dark Side are they." So no I wouldn't be angry at all, a little grossed out the the incestuiousness of it all but not angry...

May the Force be with you,
    Phoenix

9. Amir

Amir Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    Sorry, I forgot about my own post! Thanks for providing your insight.

Amir

10. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I think his fans are plenty upset for him... :)

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    "My parents went to Mustafar and all I got was this lousy lightsaber!"

12. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Personally, I'd prefer being a farmboy to being royalty. Much more freedom, for sure. :)

13. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    I think Obi-Wan would feel screwed if Luke turned to the dark side and said, "You made me a farm boy! There isn't even a peice of grass for a farm on Tatoine! You-(edit)!"
    "Oh crap man! Luke just took off with his sister?!? We need a better new hope."

Episode VII: A Newer Hope

14. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Darth-Indiana-Bond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

P.S.-[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    HAH AHAHAHA!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_coffee] [face_dancing]

didnt luke and leia make out?

16. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Leia gave him a kiss on the cheek in ANH, and a kiss on the lips in ESB (for the purpose of making Han jealous).

There was, however, a scene cut out in which Luke and Leia were going to passionately kiss, but 3PO interrupted (this was obviously changed to the scene with Han and Leia about the Falcon later in the film). I have a video of it somewhere.

17. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    HA HA! luke made out w. his sis! could you imagine if he got her pregnant!?!?! o_O

18. Amir

Amir Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    On The Star Wars Trilogy DVD Boxset, there is indeed a small snippet of a passionate of a passionate Luke/Leia kiss in one of the trailers for The Empire Strikes Back (can't remember which, though not the Teaser as that only had artwork). This was probably just to get audiences thinking there'd be a serious love triangle. At least Luke didn't get that far, or he'd go from being peeved to being suicidal.

Couldn't Lars and Beru move to a nicer planet, like Naboo? Then again, I guess it's lucky Luke was on Tatooine being far away from the oppressive grasp of the Empire.

Amir

19. ShadowedJedi

ShadowedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    It's kinda funny that I found this board because I was just talking to my brother about this yesterday. I don't think Luke would have been very mad because he's not really a jealous kinda guy. Besides, he actually got to become a jedi. He also got to see his father without the Vader mask while his father was still alive. So if I were him I wouldn't have been jealous... just shocked at all the lifestyle differences between a farmer boy and a jedi knight.

I thought it was quite amusing when he found out that Leia was his sister. He had this look on his face as if he were saying "OH MY GOSH!!!! I KISSED MY SISTER?!?!?!":eek:hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.