main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you were to cast a new Indiana Jones, who would it be?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by ComicDude, Dec 11, 2001.

?

If you were to cast a new Indiana Jones, who would it be?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Ben Affleck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. George Clooney

2.6%
  3. Brendan Fraser

20.5%
  4. Hugh Jackman

41.0%
  5. Jerry O'Connel

2.6%
  6. Dennis Quaid

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Dr Jones is an archaelogist like his father before him...
    I can't see a archaelogy relation to the Cold War? Maybe the Russians are looking for Atlantis to buff up their Navy when the Nazis failed? Too far-fetched and none were as fanatic as the Nazis in relgious artifacts...
    I read that Mel Gibson is seriously discussing with Director George Miller about reprising his Mad Max role. I can see Harrison Ford as an old Indy reprising his role too but if we are looking for an actor to play his other adventures same age as in ROTLA or TTOD then it has to be someone else. I grew up with Ford as Solo and Indy too but we need an actor to fit the story not a story to fit the actor. BTW, Mel Gibson didnt want the MM4 offer originally but now is changing his mind!

2. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Dr Jones is an archaelogist like his father before him...
    I can't see a archaelogy relation to the Cold War? Maybe the Russians are looking for Atlantis to buff up their Navy when the Nazis failed? Too far-fetched and none were as fanatic as the Nazis in relgious artifacts...
    I read that Mel Gibson is seriously discussing with Director George Miller about reprising his Mad Max role. I can see Harrison Ford as an old Indy reprising his role too but if we are looking for an actor to play his other adventures same age as in ROTLA or TTOD then it has to be someone else. I grew up with Ford as Solo and Indy too but we need an actor to fit the story not a story to fit the actor. BTW, Mel Gibson didnt want the MM4 offer originally but now is changing his mind!

3. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Harrison Ford. We'll see if any of these other hacks are getting work into their 50's. Who the hell is Jerry O'Connell??

4. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    Keep Harrison and thow in a young guy as his son for girly girls like me!! Heck throw Sean Connery in there too and have 3 Dr. Jones' running around confusing the hell out of every one!! :D

5. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Didnt mean to double-post! Mustve been a puter burp! :D

6. 00Kevin-ohhss

00Kevin-ohhss Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2002
    NO Harrison Ford=No more indy films, you can't replace HF, If they did that film would stink!

7. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Dennis Quaid would make an awesome Indy!

Harrison Ford would make a good bookend, the end al be all final Indy flick.

Mel Gibson would make a great old Indy.

Hey, Indy is NOT Bruce Lee. There can NEVER be another Bruce Lee as far as quality, charisma, philosophy, physicality and originality. Many copycats, rip-offs yes but the same magic, no. Mel and Dennis can actually match the charm and laid-back attitude of Harry's Indy. Jackie Chan, Jet Li, can never be another Bruce Lee.

;)

8. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    No one. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. It's not like James Bond where you can replace the actor. No one can replace Ford.

9. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I believe the question is asking who'd we picked besides Harry...So if he were to die or turn down the offer or was very ill or injured who would you pick besides Ford?
    If they chose someone else would you really NOT watch the new movie? He's just a character, any actor with the right abilities can play Indy. Its just another role...

10. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Bruce Campbell.

Actually, I agree that no one can replace the one true Indy, but since that isn't an option, I choose Bruce Campbell, even though technically he isn't an option either.

~~~~~

>>I agree with Mike_Mothma, no one can replace Harrison Ford as Indy.<

>BTW, I like the communist idea you threw in there.<<

The game 'Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine' (which I've never played) has commies as the main villains.

EDIT: I just realized that I was the 2nd to suggest Bruce Campbell. That means my idea was catching on even before I gave it! :D

11. Karume

Karume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    None, Harrisoon Ford started as Indy and will stay as Indy, none of these actors would replace him

12. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Bruce Campbell could play Indy's new comical sidekick! :p Sam Raimi could even collaborate on the directing! :D

13. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Bill Cosby

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Dennis Quaid....definitely!

If not, then perhaps Robert Patrick

15. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

16. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

17. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't think they should make the film. How many are there now?

19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    With the new one, as many as dolphin posted that message right above your head.

20. Zamario

Zamario Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    i mentioned on one of my threads that Dennis Quaid look like Ford, he is perfect for the role. Come on Lucas and Spielberg, sort it out mate. Put Quaid in he can do atleast 3 films as Indy before he gets too old then you can put in Jackman!

21. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I guess some people forget Tom Selleck, the original Indy. Heck he even did a spoof episode in Magnum PI, a classic.

But if we are talking for the new movie, leave Harrison Ford in place.

22. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    This is a moot point, since Harrison Ford has already said in PLAYBOY that if they dont use him in the new Indy film, he would kill Lucas and Spielberg. And before that he would tell them to go to Hell.

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I would never want to see anyone but Harrison as Indy. Well, there is the Young Indy Chronicles, but that's ok I guess. Still, on the big screen... it's Harrison or no one.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.