main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga If you were to recommend that someone see only ONE Star Wars movie...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I feel that ANH could have stood alone, with the exception of two factors -

1) Darth Vader's fate - He was last seen spinning out of control inside his fighter. I do recall being a little confused and unsatisfied by that scene;

2) Luke - Remember, he started out on his call to adventure with the purpose of becoming a Jedi Knight. Aside from using the Force to destroy the Death Star (with Han and Chewie's help), we never saw him actually become a Jedi.

2. RaptorWizard

RaptorWizard Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    Definately Revange of the Sith hands down! Is this even a contest?
    [​IMG]

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Revenge of the sith. Seeing anakin skywalker's transformation into a cyborg is more interesting than seeing him in the orignals without knowing how he got that way. But it's most interesting if you watch all of them, and see anakin before and after his transformation. It had a dark storyline. Loved it.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Why episode 3 is awesome. It explains how this cyborg came to exist, and it makes watching all the movies in order very fun, knowing the man behind that mask.

5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes Rots is way better than Anh!

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

Ok how come in ROTJ you can't see Anakins chin & mouth, but you can see his chin & mouth in ROTS? Did the mask change?

7. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    CoolyFett, the mask just separates in different places.
    It would have to be ANH, or as I call it, STAR WARS (and yes, in all caps.) The characters have to be introduced. Leia has to be introduced as a princess, Luke has to be introduced as a kid who doesn't know anything about the Force before he is seen retrieving his lightsaber in the Wampa's cave. Nothing in TPM works without knowledge of the past, or um, future, and without the references.
    (By the way, I gave up showing movies to people to see if they like them. It can ruin it.)

8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Revenge of the Sith!

9. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Revenge of the Sith!

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Hate when it dpost like that mods where's the delete switch??

11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Revenge of the Sith

That and A New Hope do the best jobs at standing on their own without reliance on the other movies, but I give it to ROTS because I agree with one of the users above me about ANH.

12. martinlouther

martinlouther Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2012
  13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I would actually show them ROTJ after I explained what happened before. In my opinion, it's the most emotionally satisfying of the films. It was the first one I saw as a child and the moment where the villain finds it in his heart to love really stayed with me for the rest of my life. A very powerful message.

14. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    But it wouldn't have the same impact if you hadn't known the characters before.

15. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    It had a big impact on me when I saw it, and it was the first one I saw.

DarthBoba likes this.
  16. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I also spoiled the first two.

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Revenge of the Sith.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh...man. How the heck can you watch just one? :p

TESB. It has the power to get you interested in watching the rest because of how loaded the deck is at the end of the film, and no resolution.

19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Caravan of Courage.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    That is some really nice art. Id love to see a piece based off 1-6 that tell the story of those 6 films like my avitar

21. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Rots & ANH go great together. I can view those 2 as one movie.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    ROTJ was also the first one I EVER saw, but I remeber not liking it because I didn't get it. My dad was not a star wars guy, but would watch the Rocky movies a lot. For a long time ROTJ was Star Wars to me & I just never understtod what was going on. HBO used to play it all the time. I think the part I most remember about ROTJ was Luke taking off Vaders face, Yoda fading away & Darth Vader being set on fire. I don't think it can ever stand alone. Ironically the next one I saw was ANH & that movie made total sense & made me interested in the entire 1-6 storyline.

23. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    To each their own. My father WAS into Star Wars and explained things to me before and during the film, which is what I would do when showing someone ROTJ who hasn't seen the others. It's just that the moment when Vader performs an act of love, it just astounds. Most people who have never seen SW or barely remember seeing it as kids just assume Luke kills Vader and the Emperor.

V-2 likes this.
  24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Umm ok..

25. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Allow me to rephrase: The moment when you witness the very person you feared actually saving everyone is pretty impactful, at least as a kid. It means that no one is beyond the capacity for goodness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.