main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Holiday Inn City Center...Post Here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I forgot about the Carrie thingy...my bad!!!

Oh well, I guess since the husband does not belong to the boards I will ask him to stay behind with the kiddies so I can join in the rebellion. Terrible time to be prego, looks like its Daquiri's for me...lol.

I will jut go down around 9:30 then, and hope I can meet everyone. I also have an engagement over at the Fig, so I will go over there one night too. I hope noone is camera shy because I am gonna take lots of pics of you guys, I have a gigantic scrapbook to fill...lol.

Anyway...WOWSA...ITS GETTING CLOSE, VERY CLOSE...6 DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN...YIPPIE!!!!

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just wanted to let everybody know that I was the one that gave the HICC the address to this board.
    If you look at a few threads up I said I talked with a really nice lady in the bar and she wanted the address to see what everybody was saying about there hotel. I think is was really cool that they join the boards just to give us info. You guys are a great bunch of people , reading your post for the last month and 1/2 , Im looking forward to seeing you all Sat 10pm!
    Eric

3. Grog_Starkiller

Grog_Starkiller Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2006
    Well, I will be heading out in the mourning about 8am, for my 2300 mile road trip from Ohio.I plan to arrive sometime Monday the 21st.I can't wait to meet everybody.I will catch up with you guys Sat. after the Carrie fisher thing,If I don't meet up with you before somewhere. I will be loaded with all my Badges from Fanforce, Rebelscum,C4,and the lighted badge I got from Amidala.See you all soon.It will be a great TIME!!!
    GROG

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    God Speed Grog

5. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY...THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY...GO GROG, GO!!!!

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am already here and totally feel as if i am the only star wars fan here at the moment.

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    How was the flight? You came from across the pond,right?

8. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Enjoy the calm while you can. The Rebel and Imperial Fleets will be exiting hyperspace any day now! :D

Can't wait to meet all my fellow Star Wars enthusiasts.

I don't leave until Wednesday morning, but my manager already knows that I'm gonig to be USELESS on Monday and Tuesday due to my excitmenet. It's a GREAT time to be a Star Wars fan!

9. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    oh i understand that about the imperials as i am one myself with my armour on the floor and helmet on the table. I came over from the uk around 20mins from cambridge. The flight itself took around 10 1/2 hours which went quite quick after seeing jackass 2 and borat i could not stop laughing, they do look after you virgin as they issue you with socks for flying which helped me alot.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Uh?

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    He's talking about Virgin-Atlantic Airways and the amenities they provide :) :).

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes thats what i was on about. They issue you with toothpaste,toothbrush, ear plugs and eye covers along with the socks which helps blood flow and they all pack them in a waterproof ruck sack bag. I will go down today about the resturant in a little while :)

13. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    whats the hotel and weather like man???
    I will be there tuesday-str8 to hotel,drop off stuff then onto WILL CALL.18 hr flight from Aus via New Zealand ;)

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    So lets get a head count for the 10:30 mixer at the hotel?
    1)echo-3 (me)

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Would everybody rather do this?

9:30 pm -- 12:30 am: Just Added! Celebration Saturday Night!
    Gather in Hall K for a mixer with your fellow Star Wars fans from all around the world. There will be music and conversation, plus food and drinks to buy. No charge for admittance, just come and have some fun and make new friends from the worldwide Star Wars community

16. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    We made it to the HI yesterday. Cloudy and a bit cool but otherwise good. 6th floor is a SW floor ;)

17. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    That's where I plan on being Saturday night.

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    WOOHOO...Good to know that people are arriving safe and secure. Sounds like the weather sucks, but hey cant have it all. I looked over the extended forcast and it looks like there will not be any rain. That is great for us who are silly enough to wait in line all night for George!!!

May the force be with us at the HICC!!!!

19. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    I'm here with Azuren Zyblade we are on the 4th floor

We might go out to a beach tomorrow.
    We also might go hang out in Hollywood tomorrow night.

what is everyone else doing.

20. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Made it. Tuesday 22nd. Finally got through immigration and landed at the hotel around 2.30.

Was told by the front desk that the star wars keycards for the hotels were cancelled.

hmmmm

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep -- said the manufacturer hadn't gotten them done correctly, so they wouldn't be available. It's a shame.

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    l'll be staying there and arriving Thursday morning.

EEEP! I leave tomorrow! [face_worried] And I just realized what I forgot to get while I was out yesterday; Toothpaste and shampoo. :oops: My only chance now is to snag something from one of those hotel vending machines; or just stop off at a store before I come home and finish packing. [face_plain]

24. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I HAVE ARRIVED...

The hotel is swimming in fans and you see us everywhere. We got in around 11, and we went to the Con. IT IS HUGE!!! MAKE SURE YOU WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES, ALOT, AND I MEAN ALOT OF WALKING!!!

Will Call was not as bad as we thought it was going to be. We were in and out very quickly and then we went and got our free goody bag, and purchased a program. We saw some people walking around with store stuff, but hey, with two kids, tomorrow will be just fine. Plus you can purchase an extra action figure, because it is fan day!!!

The hotel food is really good and very reasonable for LA. Our bill, for 4 of us was $35 plus tip. The kids ate for free!!!

I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE...IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY EXCITING TIME, PLUS EVERYONE IS SO NICE...BUT WORD OF WARNING...SOME PEOPLE ON THE STREET DO POKE FUN AT US, JUST IGNORE THEM, THEY ARE PROLLY JEALOUS THAT WE HAVE LOVE...LOL.

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll see you guys 24 hrs from now!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.