main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It's no problem. Travelling across the largest body of water means that to keep everything organised I've had to come with a lot of stuff. I've got all the schedules here at hand, and don't mind using the wireless access here to look up other details that I don't already have.

BTW, dinner is servicable here, but not much more. Steak with chips and salad; Grilled chicken and salad; Chicken wings. Okay in a pinch and cheap, but look at one of the other places if you want something a bit more.

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    good advice! We'll be joining the ranks of the Fig tomorrow!

3. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    Alrighty, we're here at the fig. Gosh this place is weird. We're up on the 8th floor. it seems pretty quiet right now. Hopefully once the rest of ya show up it'll start a-rockin!

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Weird? As in bad or good. Well, either way it will be pretty happening by the time all the SW fans show up!:)

5. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    Weird as in different from what I'm used to. They seem pretty anal retentive at the front desk though :(

We've already seen a few badges, nobody wearing tf.n badges though.

6. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hey everyone! Just checked in at the Fig and got the swag bag from the convention center. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

But I lost my FF badge in the wind :_| (due to the push clip in the lanyard - watch out for that thing! You may want to get something to tie it up so it doesn't happen to you). I have my one from C3, plus my Red Stick Rebellion and Vader plate badge. We're up on the ninth floor - if you see me say hey!

7. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    well I am finally checked in and had to run down to will call. :)

see everyone soon

8. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    *yawn---stretch*

after a cat-nap we're headed out for hot dogs in Hollywood. You folks hitting the bar downstairs tonight? Maybe we'll stop in and hav a drink before we finish off some costuming.

9. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Well finished watching LOST and now just having some refreshment down at the lounge .

See a few people but not anyone I know yet.

I am not sure I will be able tto sleep tonight.

Any discussion about a meet up here at the Fig during this week at all?

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    That loud bunch just inside the door to the bar near the couch was us tonight. Yes, we were being geeks around a computer, but that's because we were swapping pics from the last couple of days.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Among other things.

The Fig is awesome. Wish I were staying there.

12. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Ah I did see you all down there I should of said hello. I came down and sat at the far right of the bar.

I got to get over to Kinkos today and get some breakfast.

What time are people heading down to the con today?

I did get a laugh at the sign that said "No Camping Out"

13. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Nice find, the hotel reminds me of the cantina for some reason, the way the lighting is.

14. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004

You mean non-existant? [face_laugh]

Yeah...this hotel is a b*#ch for costuming and makeup. Being confined to the bathroom for getting ready is a real pain in the butt. It'll be one of the other hotels for sure next time.

15. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    FIGUEROA WHAT WHAT! [face_dancing]

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Think I can move into the Fig and live there forever? I think I like it that much. I am so jealous of Carmen, Dani, Matt, Joshie, Dajuan, Doug, Miana, and everyone else staying there.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The Fig was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY awesome!!!

Especially when you're invited to crash a private party from Sony! [face_dancing]

18. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    You must tell us about this party, Breezy!

Well, I'm sure I passed by a bunch of C4 Figgies as I came and went during the course of the weekend but honestly I was pretty drained of energy each time I actually returned to the hotel and on my way to the con each time I was leaving that I didn't chat at length with anyone there. I was a little overwhelmed by my own and the con's schedules. I probably need to eat my 'Wheaties' and exercise more so that next time I'll be more sociable among laptops and drinks with my in-hotel fellow Celebrants. However, I did meet quite a few people from all over and for me that's half of what was so great about C4.

When's C5 cuz I'm so there!

19. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I didn't have to do any makeup but I thought the lighting was more than ample. Especially with two big windows in my room.

PS~ That bar was awesome. I was there every night.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    The Sony party was hilarious. I almost didn't believe it was a serious offer when I first heard it. "Go all the way back and tell the bouncer you're a Star Wars fan to get free drinks" - sounds like a high school prank. :p But it turned out okay.

Take me back to old Figueroa, no you can't go back to old Figueroa, been two days gone, old Figueroa, why did we give the Fig the works? That's nobody's business but the Westin's.

Even old Figueroa was once our sloshing pad
    Why we left there I can't say
    ('Cause we need another dollar another day!)

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Okay, this is driving me crazy. What is that music playing in the background? Sounds like a Duran Duran song but I can't quite place it.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Its a Piano version of "View to a Kill"...

OK? It was hilarious! Free drinks, appetizers served by people dressed as Moroccan merchants like rice wrapped in grape leaves, free drinks, cool door prizes, free drinks... quite a few of us staggered out of that back room, then off to dinner thane back for a few more rounds.... [face_laugh]

23. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Sony Party? When was this? I guess I missed it...[face_worried]

24. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    And all you had to do was pretend you played Galaxies. Which I didn't really bother pretending. :p

25. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    When the bouncer asked Dani and I why we were there, her response was "someone told us there were free drinks." So then he asked if we were Star Wars fans - we said that we were - and then if we played Galaxies. Dani was like "Um, well..." so I cut in with a "Oh, yeah. All the time." The guy started laughing and let us in anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.