main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you've seen the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthVinsen, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVinsen

DarthVinsen Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    For those who have seen the prequels, do you get just a little emotional when you watch the finale of ROTJ and think about where Vader's path all began and how it all ends?

2. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    No, not really...but I probably will after seeing ROTS. :p

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I do but, it really started with Attack of the Clones for me not TPM.

4. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    No, not really...but I probably will after seeing ROTS.

That is how I feel about it. We only have the first part of Anakin's betrayal of the Jedi and fall to the Dark Side, so it is still incomplete.

Once we finally get to see how it happens, it will be much more emotional watching his redemption, and watching him appear as a ghost beside his mentors.

5. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    LOL, I consider TPM and AotC to be EU fantasies cooked up by GL so he could test out his tech. RotS is everything the OT's been talking about all this while. Not tax negotiations and treachery by former jedi and mysteries about some lost planet. WAR! bich. That's what star WARS is about. Finally.... we'll see Anakin during war time succumb to the temptations of the dark side. I think it'll definetely have a great impact on our future viewing experience of the original trilogy or the new original trilogy, whichever one.

6. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    No.

I love the saga and know a lot more then I did, and I'm certainly a strong supporter of 'devine forgiveness' but when I see Anakin now all I see is a selfish murderer of children.

But hey, its a fantasy setting and love it all regardless.

7. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    After watching the ROTS trailer(BTW, I'm spoiler-free), I have come to a 99.9% guaranteed conclusion about Anakin's character arc that makes the final duel in ROTJ infinitely more powerful. I'm not going to tell, of course... but once you notice it, you'll see what I mean as well.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.