main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IFSWA "CLONE WAR" Trailer Discussion-SPOILER FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    OK Gang,
    If you've seen it, what do you think? I've had to watch it a few times, but I LIKE IT!!!

If you haven't had a chance to see it, let me know and I'll help ya out.

So, whaddya think??

Doug

2. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Sorry about not making it out to the party...living in Burley really puts a damper on things...

I taped the trailer, and I thought it was awesome! I've probably watched it about 20 times. :D I loved the Coruscant scenes, as Coruscant has always been my favorite SW location. Can't wait to see more footage from the water planet?

Palpatine is definitely rising as one of my favorite SW characters. You have to understand I'm a huge Empire fine (hence the Mara Jade fanaticism ;) ). The more and more I watch Ian McDiarmid, the more entranced I become. As Zahn said when I interviewed him this summer "The guy is a conniver!" He really knows how to manipulate things to get his way. I enjoyed his discussion with Anakin.

I also loved the sight of all the lightsabers swirling and Jedi fighting in unison - very cool.

My only complaint would have to be Yoda. You could totally tell he was computer animated. I really, really think that they should have stuck to the over-sized puppet, and just animated some of his facial features, like they did in TPM. Kind of disappointing, if you ask me.

Over all, there was some great footage. I can't wait for May 16th!

Take care all,

Mazzic

3. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Mazzic!
    I dunno man. Have you seen it digitally? I too agree that Yoda looked totally CGI on TV last night. But I downloaded the big version from the Official site and converted it to SVCD format (MPEG2 compression) to play in my DVD player. And I gotta say, with a better-quality image, he looks pretty incredible. Even the hair. Still CGI-ish a bit, but much better than off of the TV feed.
    I think the shot of all of the clone troopers with the ships taking off in the back (republic cruisers, the SD looking things) looked more CGI than Yoda.

But I gotta agree with ya, Palpy is getting to be way cool, and yes, his conversation with Ani is quite engaging...I wonder what else is there????

My favorite shot has to be Mace with that saber!!!!

How do you feel about the music for the second half? A lot of people don't think it fits well...I think it's alright, but I think there might have been a better fit. What do you think???

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    This movie is going to blow people'd minds. The battle seequences are amazing. I just wish it wasn't so far away.

5. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    I counted this morning...I only have 30 days of class left to teach.....and Ep 2 is like a week after the last day of class. So I only have 37 days left! (Well, it makes it sound better anyway!)

6. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw the trailer and was totally blown away! There is so much going on! I have the feeling that this will be the type of movie I'll HAVE to see several times just to absorb it all! :)

I noticed there was no mushy stuff in this trailer. Also, there was very little of Amidala. I think they just showed her shooting a blaster.

Ewan McGregor IS Obi-Wan. Kudos to Ewan for nailing Sir Alec's mannerisms. I also look forward to seeing his version of young Obi-Wan in this movie!! :)

Laura

7. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Laura!
    Don't forget they showed her getting her shirt ripped up! That'll get the audience ;)

Yup, the film is going to ROCK!!!!

8. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    I don't remember the scene with her shirt ripping - it must have flashed by and I missed it.

I'll watch the trailer again & look for it.

Laura

PS - Why can't Obi-Wan have HIS shirt ripped?!?! [face_blush]

9. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK Laura,
    It took me a day, but here's a screenshot: It looks like a big monster reaches up with a claw and rips it off (and tears up her back)

[image=http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000031865/1000031865_314200211858PM0.7486231.jpg]

Doug

10. jediknight5003

jediknight5003 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    In that scene it looks like a wookie is in the background under her arm, just wondering if it was. I think this is going to be the best SW ever.

Nick

11. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Nick,
    Nope, no wookiee. It does look like it a bit, but it's just a trick of the shadows, the rocky formation and the chain that is actually attached to her.

Once you said it, it does look like it though.

Doug

12. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    After reading all the posts last week, I watched the trailer again. I saw the shot of Amidala's shirt being ripped, but it went by fast! (Thanks, Doug, for capturing the image!) The only other shot of Amidala shows her shooting her blaster.

Laura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.