main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IG-88, Double-Lightsabers and Droids, oh my!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Indy3, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Look here

[image=http://www.iesb.net/cwb8.jpg]

in the top right hand side, there is this droid that looks exactly like IG88,

the face is the same and the body

what do you think?

in Ep3 and at least in the cartoon?

and

look at

[image=http://www.iesb.net/cwb9.jpg]

the BIG ship in the middle, guess we should expect that in EP3 too

and

look at

[image=http://www.iesb.net/cwb4.jpg]

in the middle all the way to the right

kit fisto is holding a double lightsaber

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    No I think it means kit is twirling his saber and it looks like a double bladed saber. He's using it to propell himself out of the water.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    looks like a IG88 or a older version is in it too

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That "IG-88"'s stylization implies a connection between the Banking Clan species and the IG series...which meshes well with an IG droid appearing at a Banking Clan bank planet in the third Boba Fett book.

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah I'm not sure that Kit will have a double myself. I saw the new clone wars figure (which is way awesome) and he still had a single blade.

Forcebewitya!

6. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    For the first one, that sure does look like an IG droid. A connection with the Banking Clan does make sense, since San Hill has a very similar shape to the IG droids. Perhaps it's a special line of battle droids, to go along with the Techno Union's SBDs and the Trade Federation's BDs. That would definitely be an interesting thing to see in Episode III.

For the second one, we've seen those already. They're the Republic transports in AOTC.

For the third one, not sure. Could be stylized spinning, could be double-bladed. As mentioned by Forcebewitya, the toy, which is of an underwater Fisto, has a single blade, so I'd say it is just a stylistic choice.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Kit is definately using a single saber, if you look at the other pictures of Kit with a lightsaber, you will see he is only using a single blade. As said above, it only looks like a double blade because it is being propelled.

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Ooh! IG88 rocks :D
    Mind you, if it does follow that plan, the new backstory for his creation means I may as well burn more of my EU novels ;)
    Still I got that out of my system with the Boba Fett scandal :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    It definitley appears to be a double blade to me. Remember Darth Maul, his saber could retract to appear as one. So the insert picture of Kit dosen't necessarily mean he has only a single saber-blade.

What's more interesting is that he appears to be swinging that blade around underneath water.

10. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    OK, grab something on a chain that is easy to swing about and small, in a cylindracal shape.

Now spin it like its a helicopter, you will a double cylinderical object, making it look as if your cylinder is twice the size, with your hand in the middle.

I'll bet you anything that it is, then after the episode has aired, you can say "Oh JMG, you're right, you're always right, out of the two of us, you're the one with common sence"

KIT WILL NOT USE A DOUBLE SABER. HE DOESN'T IN AOTC, HIS CW FIGURE DOESNT, AND HE WONT IN EP3!!!!

11. Aesop

Jul 30, 2003
    1. HE DOESN'T IN AOTC

So, he had less than a minute or two of screen time in AOTC. We've seen other force-users have lightsabers that can be single bladed or double bladed and we've seen Jedi switch lightsabers inbetween films.

2. HIS CW FIGURE DOESNT

There've been Luke figures that have had yellow sabers and Vader figures with purple sabers.

3. AND HE WONT IN EP3!!!!

Wow, you've seen it?!?

12. Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi

Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    "We've seen other force-users have lightsabers that can be single bladed or double bladed"
    Where, apart from Darth Maul, whose uniqueness was that he was so highly trained he could use a double saber, have we seen these? I suspect that Maul's training was sided heavily towards fight training whereas the training for Jedi is rather more balanced.
    I'm talking movies here BTW, not EU.
    P.S. Yes, I know I have an EU character as my icon - this is just an expression of hoping to see her in Episode III.

13. Aesop

Jul 30, 2003
    [image=http://www.iesb.net/cwb4.jpg]

Try to hold something that could be a single lightsaber. Position you're body in the same way as him and hold it with the same grip as him. It's impossible for your wrist to spin it around till it appears double.

Now hold it in the middle like a double-bladed saber and spin it with the same wrist movement. It's clearly a double saber that Kit is holding.

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    There've been Luke figures that have had yellow sabers and Vader figures with purple sabers.

Not since they early 80's, and trust me, there has never been a Vader with purple saber figure ;)

I'm not going any further with this argument, we'll just settle it when the cartoon comes out.

15. Aesop

Jul 30, 2003
    Reply to my last post, you know it makes sense.

Aesop

16. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    It's impossible for your wrist to spin it around till it appears double.

Impossible for a human yes, possibly not for Kit.

Yes, Darth Mual could use only one single blade, but his hilt didn't shrink to have the size, all the other sabers on the sketch are normal size.

But as I say, I can't convince you to see the truth. I know I'm right and I know you're wrong, so I'm not gonna bother.

The cartoon is out in November, I'll talk to you then.

17. Aesop

Jul 30, 2003
    More importantly, I understand that Kit is amphibian, but is it possible for a lightsaber to be used under water?

Aesop

18. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Apprently so, but perhaps Kit modiefied his saber, knowing that he could be underwater a lot.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Ooh! IG88 rocks
    Mind you, if it does follow that plan, the new backstory for his creation means I may as well burn more of my EU novels<<

Well, that would only be if it actually happens to BE IG-88 himself/itself- it's more likely to just be an IG-series droid, which did exist prior to IG-88's "awakening".

20. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    That def looks like a double blade to me. When is this show starting anyways?

21. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Nov 8th I believe for the USA. November 10th for UK.

22. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Hot damn. The day of my bday. :)

23. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Best. Present. Ever.

24. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Nice sketches.

I like those early "Y-Wing" designed. Looked like an A-Wing at first glance.

The other sketches were great too. Especially the early 1G-88.

25. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, the Kit Fisto episode is over.

Aesop, do you owe anyone an apology ;)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.