main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA IGN Weekend

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    The Count and I arrived home about midnight, petted the cats, unloaded the car and went to bed. The end to a long weekend? No. This morning I have to unpack, do laundry, and put things back where they belong after the cats played all weekend. My father is not the best babysitter which probably explains a lot about me.[face_batting]

We left here Saturday morning and met up with the rest of the group this side of the grapevine for a quick break and then went on to Anaheim. We made our way to the convention center and then to the dressing rooms where between Cheryl, Greg, and a couple of others we made good use of 'thousands' of safety pins.

Derek looked great in his Red Guard and Greg makes a terrific Qui Gon even if the hair was a little.....I'm not sure how to explain the hair. It looks good and the color is an improvment, but it was still a little damp and by the end of the day had left great stains on Qui Gon's costume which adds to the character.

Josh did not don Vader until Sunday because of the sabre duels and having to change back and forth. Tiffany made a great bounty hunter and I'm still wondering why Charles was trying to put Vader's cod-piece on her.:confused: Perhaps it is better not to know. Liz looked great both days but on Sunday Tiffany created a beautiful makeup around her eyes. Charles, as always, was wonderful in his Anakin and was a favorite with children for photos. (Maybe they havn't seen the movie yet.) And Barry was, as always, every bit the Count. Do I really need to say more?

And no, I have not forgotten about Lornezo and family. Okay, so you were late. You made up for that by being an awsome Jango. He looked really good and his sister, Rebakah made a very good Jawa. I hope she will come to more of our events. (You know, this does count as one on your way to becoming a member of our group.) Quintin was a bundle of energy, as usual, and made a pretty good Anakin himself. Watchin him chasing Count Dooku around was also a blast.

On Sunday Barry climbed the Rock wall before getting into costume and did it in 45.8 seconds. That's climbing up and back down. Later we attempted to get as many Sith and Jedi as possible to climb the rock. I was working at the booth att he time but did get to watch for a distance. I saw Charles go up first and then Greg and Liz. Tiffany started up but broke a nail. Don't laugh or roll your eyes. We women know how painful a broken nail can be and I'm not sure too many men could brave it out any better. Barry went up again in complete Dooku. I'm glad they took pictures. And Derek climbed up as if it were second nature. Of course it would have been more impressive if he had worn the robes and helmet:Dbut even without I was impressed. I saw many of the Fan Force members go up that wall and I'm glad I did get to see this exhibition even if it were from a distance most of the time.

As for the Sabre dueling I think it went well. We were in a wrestling or boxing ring with padded flooring which sort of threw our group off a little but they still looked good. The first show I missed as I was working the booth but I was also the only one there as every body else went to see the show. I didn't mind. I was perfectly happy to set there alone, in semi-darkness, in the cold, guarding the booth while the rest went off to enjoy themselves in a social atmosphere. Really, I was fine. I know you have responsiblities like sitting around a boxing ring chatting with people while watching some sabre fights. There's really no time to think about a poor, helpless mother, no lightsabre to use to protect herself in case a band of evil Jedi should happen to come by the booth. No one but Skippy to keep me company. (sign) But really I was fine. Don't feel guilty. I liked the idea of driving over two hundred miles to sit in the semi-darkness, alone.

Wow, sorry about that but the Sithish mother in me just seemed to come bursting out. Truthfully I was not alone in the booth as I did have a young man for compan

2. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    MEGA DITTO's to MotherPalpatine's post....

I found a few Photo's...

Not my best side but our little Jawa LOOKS GREAT: [face_dancing]
    http://media.ps2.ign.com/articles/660/660892/img_3164183.html

Again not my best side... Awsome Stealth Trooper though: :-B
    http://media.ps2.ign.com/articles/660/660892/img_3164172.html

Humm... I must be pulling Guard duty... I am not present in this one: :cool:
    http://media.ps2.ign.com/articles/660/660892/img_3164173.html

Unfortunatly the images, I had them take of the group didn't come out good. Very poor quality.
    I hope someone else got a good photo of the group? :_|
    http://fotozap.com/?198369_79e34

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for the links to those pics Yodaa!

Posted this on the OTHER thread too:

Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You!

I can't thank you guys enough for driving all the way down for this event. It was great meeting all of you. It wouldn't have been as fun without you. Despite my sore aching feet, I had a great time. I agree, we should get together again at a quieter local - how about the Fan Day at FIDM that Shawn Crosby is organizing for the first week of December? If anyone didn't get reimbursed for parking, please email me at MaraJade@cox.net and tell me if you drove alone, or drove a carpool. Thanks!

Here are some pics I took at the event. Feel free to download/print out whatever you like. If you want the original full size versions of any picture just let me know.

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/ign_convention/

4. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I would be very remiss if I didn't also mention a word of thanks to the Lady Ischade for making my jedi robes. I dig the two-tone color scheme. I really do think an alteration session might be helpful, but you did a great job without having any measurements or models whatsoever. I can honestly say this, for once in my life the sleeves were not too short!

(And if anyone was wondering, or didn't already know, the orange-ish coloring came from my hastily arranged wig [for which I am still grateful to MotherP and the Count], and not as a result of the lady's sewing prowess).

Thank you! =D=

5. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    no thanks needed........*slants a glance up at swagless windows*...i think i wanted new curtains anyway......i'm just glad you didn't trip on the thing....Darby told me to make the sleeves too long for me...guess i took that a little too literally.no worries though....easy enough to fix...and if the colour comes out??...well...another hour in the sink full of instant coffee...and some eyeshadow weathering and...good as grubby.......also...word of advice.whatever you do...Don't hang that thing up...or it will just keep getting longer and longer

glad you guys had a good time and all that....

see ya in the funny papers...

meow.....

me*

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < The first show I missed as I was working the booth but I was also the only one there as every body else went to see the show. I didn't mind. I was perfectly happy to set there alone, in semi-darkness, in the cold, guarding the booth while the rest went off to enjoy themselves in a social atmosphere. Really, I was fine. I know you have responsiblities like sitting around a boxing ring chatting with people while watching some sabre fights. There's really no time to think about a poor, helpless mother, no lightsabre to use to protect herself in case a band of evil Jedi should happen to come by the booth. No one but Skippy to keep me company. (sign) But really I was fine. Don't feel guilty. I liked the idea of driving over two hundred miles to sit in the semi-darkness, alone. >

hey, MP... you want some cheese to go with that whine? ;)

i too wish to thank milady meow for garbing me again (not "goth ho barbie" this time, but still black, go figure) :p lady, i would be lost without you. or in my trademark civvies, at least.

7. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    but you make such a Good "goth hoe barbie"......
    *totally prepares to duck and run*

anyway...no thanks needed...you know that....whatever i can do to help....well...within reason (code for...i'm still not gonna make it easy for you when you take my picture).....Justin and i might not make it to many...or any...events...but you guys know you've got our suppot and backing in whatever you do...100%

meow.....

me*

8. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004

hey, MP... you want some cheese to go with that whine? ;)

And just where do you think Anakin inherited his whinning abilities from? Besides, I was not whinning, I was lamenting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.