main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ignite those Sabers and Fire those Blasters-W-S Fanforce Introductions

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey all(and newcomers welcome). This is spooky-kid here. Well if you made it this far you noticed that our first meeting has been posted on the main page. I must admit I'm so excited to get this thing started. I can't wait to meet and hang with all you Star Wars fans. We are gonna have so much fun experiencing that Galaxy far,far away together. Everyone take the time to introduce yourselves and tell a liitle bit about your addiction to Star Wars.

I guess I'll start. My name is Jason(spooky-kid). I am a pressman when I'm not out killing rebel scum. My hobbies are collecting Star Wars figures as well as other figures, camping/canoeing, watching movies and going to concerts. I mostly like black/death metal but have recently started diggin' Eminem. How's that for starters? Hope to see you all on the 26th. E-mail me for directions.

Check out the Star Wars Quote-A-Thon forum. [face_devil]

May the Force be with you... Always!

2. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Good idea, Jason, this kinda stuff will help get the forum going.

I'm Brian, I'll be a freshman at NC State this fall. Hobbies include honing my Decipher Star Wars CCG decks, reading (mostly Star Wars), PC games, writing, watching movies, or just hanging out with friends. I also enjoy making short films with a couple of friends, under our moniker Triumvirate Films, which can be seen in the link in my signature. As for music, I like umm, is it modern rock? There's so many categories I dunno anymore. Right now I'm really into the new Foo Fighters album, it's got a nice varied sound. Looking forward to our first meeting, definitely.

Is anybody else floating around here? It's beginning to look like Spooky and I are holding down the fort here ourselves.

3. JediMasterStrange

JediMasterStrange Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2003
    high guys im JediMasterStrange (adam). i work with the spooky kid. i do the graphics and whatever else the bosses need. i collect all kinds of action figures and comics with star wars at the top of the list. and i open them all HAHAHAHA well most of em anyway. see ya on the 26th. peace.

4. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Hey! How ya doing? My name is John. I moved to Greensboro from Dallas Tx. about 2 years ago, and I have yet to meet anyone around here to discuss SW. When I first registered here, someone said I shld look into fan force, but I am just now getting a chance to. I might join a fan force group, but I would have to think about it. I am not very out-going, so I will not meet at anybodys house. (no offense-thats just me) I will however keep looking to see if you meet in a more public place sometime. Anyway, I listen to loud, fast, screaming, growling, bloody throat, speed, thrash, hardcore metal. My all time fav is Pantera (R.I.P)!!!!! I have seen them 9 times. My hobbies used to be going to concerts! There are no good shows that I can tell in this area for some reason though. Later!

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    what are you talking about?-Dying Fetus just played at Ziggy's a couple of months ago and Immolation played recently. Dying Fetus is one of my favorite bands. Sure-I'll agree that the good shows are few and far between but we get 'em every once in awhile.(Probably nothing like Texas though) Also Cradle of Filth is finally playing at the American Tour of Ozzfest this year(and Shadows Fall)You can believe I've already gotten my tickets.
    Anyways our first public meeting is probably going to be the Imperial QuaterMaster 2 convention in Raleigh. Although we haven't discussed it yet-but we will at our first meeting on the 26th.
    "Is the Dark Side stronger?" [face_devil] spooky-kid

May the Force be with you ... Always!

6. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    O.k. I'll it admit that some good shows come to Ziggy's. Maybe I'm just spoiled after growing up in an area with a large crowd of metal heads. I'll have to check w/work to see if I can make the IQM date. Thanks for the info, after thinking it over, I think I will try to join your chapter (If I get accepted). I just dont know when. Thanks to an extremly busy sched (fam and work) I dont even have time to go to the shows around here. I am leaving the state for a few weeks in Sept, but may be able to after I get back. Thnx again though, I plan to keep checking here for info and to B.S.

7. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    And by the way....the dark side is stronger! [face_devil] (place evil laugh here)

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    And by the way...Ministry played here recently also. Hell-aren't those guys from Texas. You should really come to our first meeting-I think you and I share a similar taste in music.Plus we obviously love Star Wars too. [face_devil] spooky-kid

9. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Stigmata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    BURNING INSIDE________...!!!!!!!! [face_devil]

11. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Greetings fellow area Jedi. My name is Chris, I just wanted to let you know that I am in the process of starting up a FanForce in Greensboro, a message board should be up soon, so be on the watch. It will be awesome to have a FF nearby and make new friends plan outings ect. MTFBWY!

Chris

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Nice to meet you Padawan311.That would be cool for our 2 fanforces to do things together sice we're so close.can't wait. our chapter is just getting started-we have our first meeting on the 26th. [face_devil]

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    We should have a couple new people posting soon. Make sure to welcome them when you see a new face.

Spooky-Kid(Jason Cain)
    City Rep for
    Winston-Salem Fan Force [face_devil]

14. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    We have a newbie by the name of Learner7 . Please welcome him to our boards.

Welcome - Learner7 Glad to have you. Can't wait to meet you, until then make yourself at home on our boards.

Spooky [face_devil]

15. Learner7

Learner7 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2003
    Hello everyone- I'm Chris (another one) and I'm here in W-S. I'm a librarian by trade, but I also enjoy science fiction/fantasy, reading, hiking and traveling. I like all types of music, but Public Enemy and De la Soul are two groups that I'll pick up on the first day of release.

I look forward to being here- thanks for the welcome!

16. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    HELLO FROM THE FRONT LINES!!!!

Nice to know there are others in this galaxy that share the same passion for that galaxy far, far away. I'm Jonathan Lawson and I'm about 45 minutes from the metropolis of Winston Salem. Located in the nebula of stokes county called Lawsonville. I've been into Star Wars since 1977 and just can't get enough. I am a Shift Manager for Unifi and write and play music. I enjoy all music it's Universal to the mind. Except country it blows...... You can check out some of my original tunes at www.iuma.com they are free to download. Under artist search type jonathan brent lawson and that's me. I enjoy movies, music, beer and STAR WARS!! And I would just like to say that I belive THE SITH SHALL RISE AGAIN! ....end of line

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Stardog-shoot me a e-mail to jcain@sharpeimages.com so I can reply and put you in my address book.

Grand Moff Spooky-Kid [face_devil]

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    bumping this thread up just to see if Pete will stop by and post something here.

spooky [face_devil]

19. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    BUMPED FOR THE NEW PEOPLE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.