main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT III: Revenge of the Sith → II: Attack of the Clones → I: The Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Pyrogenic, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2006
    Hello, everyone! I have been writing and editing a collaborative philosophical anthology / compilation / dissertation about The Prequel Trilogy as III: Revenge of the Sith → II: Attack of the Clones → I: The Phantom Menace and I am searching for contributors to provide content concerning this idea of the trilogy in reverse order. If anyone is interested, they can send me a private message with any amount of text at all related to the subject. The project is currently at about 300 single-spaced pages (to be edited) with no deadline as of yet. Everyone will receive writing credit based on the quantity and quality of material submitted. The content will be edited by myself and several others to mesh seamlessly with the format of the piece as a whole and may be completely rearranged. Practically anything will be useful, including small bits and pieces as well as more extensive works focusing on particular aspects of this idea. I look forward to your participation, and feel free to discuss details in this thread! - Pyrogenic

2. SexyRey

SexyRey Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Can you please explain your idea in more detail? What about the trilogy in reverse-order?

3. Pyrogenic

Nov 17, 2006
    Anything!

Ezon Pin and CaptainSuchandSuch like this.
  4. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010

That still doesn't give us more information.....

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I like this OP. His threads are too avant-garde for me to understand.

6. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects.

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Ohhhkaaaayy…...

o_O

[face_plain]

[face_dunno]

8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The road from dictatorship to democracy, from dark times to bright, from full-blown, aggressive cancer to benign symbiosis...
    Sounds an awful lot like Episodes IV-VI to me!

Antpocalypse, Pyrogenic and CIS Droid like this.
  9. Pyrogenic

Nov 17, 2006
    The first post is a prompt for members of this website to contribute whatever they want to a collaborative essay about the prequels understood in reverse order.

10. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    To watch the PT in reverse would be to watch a tragedy in reverse, and even though it would end on a higher note, it would likely still feel tragic. Watching ROTS, then AOTC, then TPM, you would see characters and scenarios emerging from a fog and from their own flaws as you trek backwards into their lives. You would see a compromised Republic/Empire slowly begin less corrupt, less troubled, and you'd end with a thick bureaucracy that still believes in the last vestiges of democracy, though it no longer practices the heights of the unseen ages past. It would make you wonder... where did this Republic start to flounder? When did the corruption begin? Was there a point, even before the Naboo invasion, that pinpointed it was a lost cause? What were the beautiful days of past like? Where have they gone? You would wonder. And, as for the characters, you would see them making choices that eventually would come back to haunt them. You'd see a doomed romance begin, you'd see a traumatic separation take place between mother and son, you'd see a divided Jedi council make a risky choice. You'd end up wondering about Qui-Gon -- what if he had lived? And you'd see his importance in the prequels. Many things would reverse, but it would all just be another way to see the seeds of what happened later -- of potential had before it was lost, of hearts intact before they broke, of wisdom before it became fractured & corrupt. Choices made that could have gone another way. It would likely leave you with a lingering sense of tragedy - of what was and what could have been.

11. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Whoa, dude. Whoa.

[​IMG]

12. Pyrogenic

Nov 17, 2006
    The only way that the three films truthfully form a prequel trilogy is if all three are prequels.

III - Prequel to IVI
    II - Prequel to III
    I - Prequel to II

This all begs a very specific, mysterious question.

13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I've reached enlightenment

[​IMG]

Evening Star, TX-20, Ezon Pin and 6 others like this.
  14. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I like this OP. His threads are too avant-garde for me to understand.
    ------------

[face_rofl]

he is light years ahead of his time :p

only will future generations fully understand his messages to us primitive fans :p

15. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This thread and the replies - fantastic!

16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

He truly is a fire of genes. His threads burn every Star Wars fan's soul more than a fireplace scene on Naboo from Episode II.;)

Pure poetry :p

17. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015

More appropriate drug-related gif ;)

[​IMG]

Pyrogenic and Deliveranze like this.
  18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

I think I know the biggest Ewan McGregor fan on the site ;)

Can't say I blame you. Ewan is pretty awesome! ^:)^

19. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015

LOL. I was a 90s teenager and I was obsessed with British pop culture. I knew he was awesome before he was in Star Wars, that's how old I am. You can only imagine how excited I was when I found out he was not only going to be in my favorite series, but also playing the foxy young version of my very favorite Wise Old Man, hahaha. I don't what it says about George or I given our disparate ages and genders, but sometimes it's like...he just got me. ;)

RE: Trainspotting. Someday I will tell you all the sad tragic tale of what happened to my Trainspotting soundtrack CD, and the scars that I bear to this day as a 31-year-old-woman. But...that's a story for another time. :)

Ezon Pin and Deliveranze like this.
  20. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Haha. Wow, that is cool to know ya liked Ewan before Star Wars. By the way, 31 is young imo and I'm only 18 for what it's worth. :D
    Damn. I'm curious about the story. Tell me! [face_peace]

AprilMayJune

21. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Guys, you're off topic. Let's get back to the PT in reverse order.

Ezon Pin and Antpocalypse like this.
  22. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015

Hahahaha, thank you. For what it's worth I do not actually consider myself old, but I have had a few moments lately with Star Wars starting up again where I realize how young I was last time around. ;)

So, to derail this thread further with my nonsense: I had a friend who stopped me in the hallways in probably 9th grade to tell me "Oh my God, you love Star Wars right? You know they're making a new one, right? Did you KNOW who's going to be in it?! You are going to FLIP. OUT." (To get the full mental picture here, you must imagine us dressed as characters from the movie Clueless.)

My CD, oh, it's not even a "story" really. I could go on, but in the interest of brevity (for once) I'll just say that the short version is: I had the soundtrack (because I was a super COOL teenager, remember: I liked both Star Wars and British pop music, haha) and someone stole it (and my portable CD player that it was inside of! Those were expensive Back in the Day...) out of my locker. I had to re-buy the CD and I still have both of the jewel cases (from the stolen one and the re-purchased one) even though this happened in like 1998, hahaha. My husband was going through our CDs a few months ago and was like "...why do we have two of these? Do I want to know?" and I was like "...because I couldn't bear to throw away the extra case! THEY STOLE MY CD!" :_|

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    AprilMayJune Haha[face_laugh] Awesome, the only thing I remember from 1999 was my bro raving about TPM and me (3 years old) and him (5) would play with our cheap plastic Obi-Wan and Qui-gon lightsabers in the living room. We broke them so many times, we used scotch tape! Lol. When I was 5 and he was 7 AOTC was coming out and my mom bought us both new light up Anakin lightsabers. Then in 2005, he bought an Obi wan and I bought an Anakin one and we played the Duel of Mustafar everyday in our yard. Haha.

I used a portable player in middle school like a idiot because apparently it was uncool. Me being naive as **** didn't even know much about I pods and this was in 2009. Lol. I did drop my new IPOD in the gym lockeroom my junior year and it cracked the screen. It still works and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. Lol :D

Thanks for the mild amusement. I enjoy reading people's experiences here. Haha. (STAR WARS related or not. ;))

24. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016

His avatar matches both his posts and my understanding of them. It takes great skill to operate on multiple levels like that.

25. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    This thread:
    [​IMG]

Evening Star, TX-20, Mint3 and 6 others like this.