main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[IIIIIII***IIII]>>Jedi Standards and PMS>(Han/Jaina scene humor)>>>>

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I couldn't help myself, I hope you guys enjoy it. :D

Han Solo never bothered to ask everyone all at once if anyone wanted to help him fix up the Falcon, because he knew that his daughter, Jaina would be on his heel in a nanosecond squealing the words, ?I will!? with more enthusiasm than a wookie during mating season. Of course that was when she was nine. Han really didn?t know what her reaction would be this day and age. She was fifteen now, visiting home from the academy on Yavin 4, and ever since she was ten, he had gotten accustomed to simply passing by her bedroom door, knocking twice, and saying, ?You, me, Falcon, let?s go!?

Jaina would be out of her room, hopping on one foot as she pulled on her boots, in a matter of seconds. On one particular occasion, Jaina had been thirteen, and she was once again trying to pull on her boots while also trying to keep up with her father who purposefully sped up his pace just to give her a hard time. Her utility belt was slung over her shoulder, and she tried hard to keep that from falling. Finally, everything failed her, and she tumbled to the floor, falling flat on her stomach.

With a groan and a whimper, she sat up, and slipped on her boots with much more ease. Before she knew it, Han stood over her, looking down on her with mock disappointment, and making tsk tsk sounds. ?Aw!? he said. ?Did you fall down, sweetie??

Jaina had looked up into his eyes, sneering playfully, and responded with, ?Very funny.?

?Alright, alright, I?ll help you up.? Han extended his hand, and Jaina took it, but she was only half way up when her father deliberately slipped his hand from hers, making her fall back onto her buttocks.

?Hey!? she squealed, and got to her feet, chasing after him as he fled.

?Sorry,? he called over his shoulder jokingly. ?It just slipped!?

Han smiled warmly at the memories as he sat in the pit where the hyperdrive motivator was installed. Jaina was stretched out onto her stomach, propping her upper body up on her elbows at the edge of the pit, handing tools to her father when he asked for them.

?I still owe you a kick for that, you know?? she said playfully, handing him a hydrospanner.

He took it and raised his eyebrows at her. ?Is that so??

She flashed him the famous Solo crooked smile. ?Yes, and that?s letting you off easy.?

Their attention was suddenly drawn to a console near them where strange beeps and toots were sounding. Jaina turned back to Han, a look of annoyance played across her face. ?Threepio wouldn?t even be able to understand that!?

Her father gestured to the console with his head. ?Go see what you can do with it.?

Jaina got to her feet. ?Right!? She tried pressing a few of the buttons, and turning gadgets here and there, but it only made it worse. ?It?s not working!? she whined.

Han rolled his eyes. ?Kick it then??

She turned around, facing him with shock, and confirming that she had heard correctly. ?Kick it??

?Yeah, kick it!?

She paused, still attempting to comprehend his words. ?You?re allowing me to abuse your precious Falcon??

Han?s elbow came up to rest on the floor above the pit. He wagged his finger at his daughter as he spoke. ?You have no idea how many beatings this ship has taken not only from the outside but inside as well.?

?Oh but Dad, I can?t do that.?

He spread his arms out. ?Why not??

Jaina just shrugged. ?It?s against my hokey religion.?

With a smirk, Han replied, ?Right.?

They both went back to their work with Jaina having no success at all. The frustration was swelling inside her, and soon, she couldn?t hold back any longer. Her leg came around and slammed against the side of the console.

Han came up to face her again, a humorous look on his face. ?What was that? Someone put a hammer to your knee??

Jaina forced a smile, but as she turned back to her father, the irritation showed plainly through it. Through grinding teeth she answered, ?I?m not having a very good month.?

Instead of asking a question

2. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    hehehe...good work! I liked it...

:D nice one!

3. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Well I like it. You did a pretty good job. By the way, I know exactly where Jaina is coming from...

4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It's rather good for your first attempt at humor. You made me laugh and that's a hard thing to do, because I'm not particulary fond of humour 8-}

Just kidding. I loved it! Very well done! Are we going to see more humour by you?

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

This is brillant, the Jedi code probably was written by a male PMS is defiently of the darkside. It's great to see some father daughter bonding in SW

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    that was hilarious!

7. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Loved it. Very, very funny.

8. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx you guys! :D I'll make replies later, no time now. ;)

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    lol! Cute Girlie! Heh, Jaina didn't seem too bad to ME... ;)

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    that was great :D

~aeryn

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Wahoo! You guys are so awesome! :D

KatarnLead: Thanx! I'm glad you liked it. :)

the_jedi_princess: Don't we all. ;)

Elfsheen: I wouldn't count on it. Comedy's not usually what I do, I just had some serious inspiration for this one. But if I ever get inspired again, and I post it, I'll be sure to PM you. :D

Hananiah: Exactly the reason why I wrote it. There's so few father/daughter bonding scenes. And I love writing those kinds of relationships. :)

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Exactly the word I was looking for! ;)

jagsredlady: Thank you! :)

padawan lunetta: I don't wanna know what you're like during your time. ;) :p

AERYN_SUN: Thanx for dropping in! :D

12. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    This had me in hysterics!!!!!!!!!My friend thought i was insane!!!!!!!!

I understand Jaina completely though, PMS is evil!!!!!

nina

13. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    That was cute! A day in the life... I had two friends who spun their heads in a circle.

I did expect her to put her foot through the counsel panel. That?s okay, you cracked me up a few times. Good job. [face_laugh]

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Jedi_jainafel: Thanx! I'l glad I coulg keep so many people laughing. :)

Altaira: What do you meen two of your friends spun their heads? Glad you liked it! :D

15. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was great! We need more YJK-era Jaina. :D

And poor Han, having to deal with PMSing Jaina. :p

I loved the line about the Falcon's "not-workingness" :p

16. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have been thinking about removing my age from my bio, it will happen to everyone.

One of my friends became violent and evil for 1/2 a month, the other whiney. They are a scary combination. [face_devil]

Not sure if you were joking about head spinning, Linda Blair in the Exorcist movie 1973. My mom wouldn?t let me see it. My sister snuck my in the trunk to the drivein. Scared the bee-jeebers out of me when she spun her head around completely. [face_shocked]

I did enjoy this, reminded me of them. :cool:

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Han rolled his eyes. ?Kick it then??

She turned around, facing him with shock, and confirming that she had heard correctly. ?Kick it??

?Yeah, kick it!?

?Oh but Dad, I can?t do that.?

He spread his arms out. ?Why not??

Jaina just shrugged. ?It?s against my hokey religion.?

With a smirk, Han replied, ?Right.?

Something has just dawned on me tonight. Did you know that that part of this scene was actually thought up about five years ago? No I guess you wouldn't, but it WAS! And I have just now gotten around to writing it! Oh well, better late than never. ;)

18. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Something has just dawned on me tonight. Did you know that that part of this scene was actually thought up about five years ago? No I guess you wouldn't, but it WAS!

did that happen during one of our late nights?

Jez

19. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hilarious!! And PMS is horribly, horribly evil... But it does give us girls an excuse to act irrationally... :p :p

Loved it! :D

20. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    LOL! Very cute, and I can definitely sympathsize with Jaina :D

21. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I love it. And since I know people like that...

Funny stuff.

22. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Up! I'll make replies in the morning. :)

23. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    The_Standmaiden: Thanx! :D That was one of my favorite lines too. I was trying to think of a word that would work, and that was all I could come up with. ;)

Altaira: Ah! I understand now. :)

Jez: Yes it was. ;) What did you think of the rest of the story? :D

Jaina_Fel_06: Too true, too true. ;)

Tahiri: Oh couldn't we all. ;)

Darth_Duck: Thanx! I think we all know someone like that. ;)

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    One more up before I go to work. ;)

25. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That was hilarioius! We need a sequel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.