main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ikrits Final prophesy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FatBurt, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I have been reading the NJO again and have just got upto TFP again.

During FH3 reunion I was reading about the joining of Tahiri and Riina to create Tahiriina. And I was thinking is this the prophesy that Ikrit was forseeing in the cavern on Yavin when he mentioned about together they would be stronger than the sum of their parts.

Everyone took this to mean Anakin and Tahiri would be stronger together but what if Ikrit had actually forseen what whould happen to Tahiri and sought to warn her but realised that with the future always being in motion he veered off and and said something vague about having said too much already.

I think Ikrits final prophesy is purely aimed at Tahiri and her joining with Riina and has nothing to do with Anakin.

What does everyone else think and yes I am aware that Anakin was supposed to be the ultimate hero until it was decided he had to be killed off but I refuse to believe that Tahiri was every in mind to be a major support character with him.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    True, but keep in mind Greg Keyes wrote EoV before he knew that Anakin wasn't going to survive in SBS. I think the prophecy might have been hinting at the personality crisis Tahiri would face, but I also think the prophecy meant for Anakin to have a role in the resolution.

3. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Wait wait wait--Keyes didn't know? Nobody ever bothered to tell the authors what was going to happen?

This 'splains a lot....

4. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    I'll 2nd JediAlly's pov. Also, I would say that no prophecy can truely account for unexpected. At least with force prophecies, which alsways rely on a certain timline to come through. Yoda was mistaken about Luke, Ikritt about Anakin. But then, no one will ever truely know.

5. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I still hold that by no definition of the word, did Ikrit make a prophecy at any point in that book. Instead of using the word "prophecy" we should instead be saying "Statement of Fact"

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    What Ikrit meant was that Anakin shouldn't go off and die stupidly without Tahiri, because the two of 'em were the only people who could save the Galaxy from Jacen, Vergere and Zonama Sekot...

Keyes may not have known, but if you ask me, it does make sense in those terms...

- The Imperial Ewok

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    no, that doesn't make any sense at all, Master-FatBurt, seeing as how Ikrit said the first part of his prophecy to Anakin alone, and how he said that his goal in life was to see something new born in both of them.

Reread the chapter where Anakin and Ikrit are setting up the temple defenses ;)

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    FYI, Keyes did know that Anakin was going to die-- Star by Star was right after Rebirth, for cryin' out loud.

9. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    I only just finished Conquest, but I think Ikrits prophecy was just for that book, where Anakin had to save his friend, and they would have to escape by helping each other

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I think Ikrit's Prohecy was meant to be a red herring.

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Morpheus: "Welcome to the desolation of the real..."

The point is, I think, that it went wrong. "Always in motion is the future". And the Galaxy, after SbS, really did become a more dangerous place by far.

Jimmy died. Leaving a great big aching hole in the plot.

Whether anything will fill it - well, that's to keep us reading in the post-NJO, isn't it...

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.