main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ikrit's prophecy- anakin's future.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthjarjarbinks, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    You'll recall in EoV:C Master ikrit talks a few times during his short part in the novel of Anakin and Tahiri's future. He talks of them doing great things together and repeats several times that "together (they) are stronger than the sum of (their) parts".

Ikrit also hints that the reason why he "slept for centuries" and came to Yavin 4 was for some reason which only he knows and which has something to do with Anakin and Tahiri's future. He says that they, together, will do something great, something amazing.

I don't think that Ikrit was referring to them escaping Yavin 4 together, or the parts they played in the hunt for the Voxyn queen. I think he refers to something bigger than that.

Now, one might say that "always in motion is the future", but what was the point of Ikrit's part and Ikrit's prophecy then? He stops himself short of saying something big about their future TOGETHER. He know something is going to be achieved by them together.

And I think that something such massive significance is yet to occur.

I think, therefore, that Anakin is going to return. Whether this means he actually not dead, or whether this means he will return in another form (perhaps ethereal, perhaps tangible) or what I don't know.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I've been trying to keep track of all the Anakin: dead/not dead topics and what is said in them, if I missed something- admins, strike me down with all your hatred

2. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Frellig Double post computer! Its out to get me. Ikrit's no yoda, he may have been wrong.

3. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    I think Anakin is past the resusitation period. He's legaly brain dead Jim. Perminantly pulse impaird. Besides Ikrit never realy seemed all "there" if you catch my drift.

4. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    did yoda??

I just think that Ikrit's whole role in eov:c was to forshadow a great future (or future event) for anakin and tahiri, and I don't think that has come to pass

5. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Ever since hearing of Anakin's (supposed) death, and then reading about it, I've had a lot of doubts. It just doesn't seem right - you know? Why build up this character so much in this series if he's going to die a book or two later? Additionally, Anakin died without really accomplishing anything memorable. Really, let's go over his accomplishments - nothing really stands out as we would expect from someone touted as the greatest Jedi ever.

I, along with others on this forum, hope, and fully expect, to see more of Anakin in the future and to see Ikrit's prophecy fulfilled - when in StarWars have not seen a prophecy fulfulled?

6. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    I've got to agree with both of you, darthjarjarbinks and darthparth.

I'm not even going to speculate on how or when, but I too, think that we have not seen the last of Anakin Solo.

7. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    When he was talking about "sleeping for centuries" waiting for them, he was refering to the cursed Golden Globe that was full of trapped children. Only 2 children, strong in the Force, would be able to break the dark curse.

And I think that was the big thing he was talking about :)

8. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    I have to disagree. Ikrit was making this prophecy in Conquest, long after the Golden Globe stuff. He said that was not what he was talking about, and the big stuff was future tense.

I would say that Anakin will be back. Come on, Del Rey has this whole story arc planned out. The prophecy is big enough that the editors wouldn't have missed it had Keyes just decided to slip it in. It was small enough though, that it could have been totally left out, without affecting the book. They knew Anakin was dying, SBS was mostly written, if not complete when Conquest was released, and they wouldn't have left that loose end for themselves if he was going to stay in the grave.

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I hope this doesn't sound too harsh (and I appologize in advance if it does) but there is no way that Ikrit could have been referring to the Golden Globe as the "great thing" that Tahiri and Anakin would acomplish. He *specifically said* that there was a *bigger* reason for his centuries of slumber than the Golden Globe. That doesn't really leave much room for dispute...

10. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    IMO, one of the major reasons for Ikrit's being in EoVC was for him to give that prophecy. That wasn't just something put in as an afterthought, it was a major point.

(Incidentally, we've seen many prophecies unfulfilled in SW - consider Jorus C'baoth's prophecies that 'Leia wanted to come to him', that he would 'train her children' etc. (On the other, more rational, hand, it isn't as if good old Jory was all there - a few beans short of a Heinz tin...)

Anakin can't be gone for good. IMO, he's the best character that's been created. Nah, he's gotta be back. Either that, or the company's planners have officially joined Jory in the loony bin...

11. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    remember jacens dream in DT

the vong arnt in the force so you cant really predict what will happen even with beings that exist in the force predictions have been wrong about

but i also think ani is not dead i think that what happrnd to him is like what happend to luke in his battle with exar kun

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    (Incidentally, we've seen many prophecies unfulfilled in SW - consider Jorus C'baoth's prophecies that 'Leia wanted to come to him', that he would 'train her children' etc. (On the other, more rational, hand, it isn't as if good old Jory was all there - a few beans short of a Heinz tin...)

But C'Baoth was CORRECT... from a certain point of view. Leia DID want to go to him -- in The Last Command. She knew about the ysalamiri and wanted to go warn Luke, Mara, etc. so she went to C'Baoth. And he DID train her children... by proxy. Luke, by learning from C'Baoth (both what TO do and what NOT TO do), was able to teach Leia's children. Hence, transitive property of mathematics time, C'Baoth helped train Leia's children through Luke.

Do we know any other prophesies that were specifically stated that were disproved? (Yoda's and Emperor's could all be proven correct in some way)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.