main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit I'll be honest...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthKuriboh, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It was a one-off side comment designed to show that he shouldn't want to do that. He most certainly could, and he had he courage to manage the entire opposition to Caedus.

Even then, he handed Jaina enough power to stand up to him in their first fight, and used illusions to protect her - from afar, seemingly. He was not passive in the slightest.

Caedus thwarted three by Luke to personally kill or capture him. Their fight in Inferno was pretty even, until Ben stabbed him. This included beating Katarn, surviving an engagement with Luke, Corran and Kyp trying to shoot him down, and then facing Luke, Ben and Saba - and forcing Saba into retreat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd recommend:

X-Wing: Mercy Kill - As it had some great flashback sections to the Vong war and was a fun story in itself.

Legacy (comics) - Anyone who liked NJO really ought to read these as they do something quite brilliant with the Vong, while extrapolating events from end of TUF to 100 years later before all the dreck was published.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    About the Vong on Zonama did they ever regain a connection to the force? I think them doing that would be the full circle of their redemption.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I want to know.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You could see the recognition of what their ancestors inflicted on the galaxy and their offering of atonement with the Ossus Project as the foundation that could eventually lead to that.

6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah they will have redemption but will they have the Force?

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The end hope would be they get it back.

8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They can do all sort of community services.
    But I have to ask...
    Do they have to stop tattooing themselves and bring about pain to themselves, shaping, etc.
    At what point do they stop being Yuuzhan Vong and become very tall humans?

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    They still have a connection to their adoptive parent Zonoma that humans don't. They still know they aren't from the GFFA. And in Legacy they still use their biotech.

They also live thrice as long as humans do.

So even if they abandon their religion(or heavily change it) they will remain the children of Yun-Yuuzhan even if they don't believe in Yun-Yuuzhan literally.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Speaking of Zonama, I'm kind of sad they never followed up on Ben Skywalker's special connection to that planet.

Mia Mesharad and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They retconned whatever ship he was flying in the vision in Rebirth to the Sith Mediatation Sphere. Thought it was going to be a Sekot ship, wrestling with a Wookiee, found a stone somewhere, didn't he?, some city planet and no Mara. So much potential

Sinrebirth , Revanfan1 and Vialco like this.
  12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    In my headcanon, Jacen and Tahiri both stayed on Zonama Sekot at the end of the Vong War and never left.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That wouldn't be appropriate in my opinion Jacen I think always had a destiny beyond the Vong and Zonoma important as they were for his journey.

Tahiri and perhaps Danni Quee on the other hand-their fates seemed more tied to the Vong-Danni because she was one of their first targets and she seemed to find happiness in a poetic way in the Eden of her former captors, and Tahiri-because of the experiments she endured and the fact she became half Vong.

It seems appropriate their lives would be tied together with Zonama, Jacen always had a bigger if less happy destiny.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Right, folks, it seems to me that the topic has played out and you've all largely moved on to discussing other things. Time to wrap this thread up.

If you want to continue talking about LotF, the NJO, or whatever else, you are of course welcome -- and, indeed, encouraged -- to start up new threads (or dig up old ones if you prefer).

Please avoid exceedingly broad "general EU discussion" threads, though. The Literature forum is, after all, already a place where you can discuss and propose any EU topic you want. A single thread can't be a subforum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.