main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I'll Come Back to You - An OC Story, post ROTS/Pre ANH

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: I?ll Come Back to You
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: Between ROTS and ANH
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Romance? viggie
    Summary: Lovers are reunited despite the Empire?s best efforts.
    Notes: The idea for this story came to me at 4 a.m. after staying up late to read a book by one of my favorite authors. 'Nuff said!

I?ll Come Back to You

Mykkos.

He twitched, but did not waken.

Mykkos.

More insistent now, and he stirred. The room was hot and muggy; he became vaguely aware of a droplet of sweat trickling down between his shoulder blades.

It was the feel of her that woke him up. Firm flesh pressed against his back, the soft brush of her hair passing over his neck. The night had changed. His life had changed while he slept.

He turned and found himself staring into deep brown eyes. A slight smile played about her full lips.

?You?re here,? he mumbled, still groggy with sleep and shock.

?I told you I?d come back to you,? she murmured just before her lips pressed against his. She felt cool in his arms, a marked contrast to the humidity of the room. Her skin felt familiar, comforting.

He lost himself in her kiss, all of his questions forgotten for the moment. How and why didn?t matter.

She pulled back and brushed back his sweaty hair with a tender hand. ?You never could take care of yourself,? she said with a sad smile, her eyes taking in the dirty little room.

?I?ve missed you, Leera,? he burst out, burying his face in the blessed coolness of her throat.

Leera made soft, soothing sounds and ran her hands down his back. He melted into her touch, his relief washing over him.

?I know, Mykkos,? she whispered. ?I know.?

?It?s been so hard,? he said. ?I?ve been so lonely.?

?That?s all over now; I?ll never leave you again.?

The sobs were ripped from him as all of the days and months and years of waiting were forgotten. She was back and holding him; that was all that mattered. She held him through the storm of his weeping, her hands never stopping as they danced over his body, quieting him in their constancy.

Finally, she lifted his head from where it rested against her heart and stared into his eyes. ?Why Mykkos?? she asked him, the first hint of harshness entering her voice.

Mykkos wiped the tears from his face and shook his head. ?I was desperate, Leera,? he said frantically, trying to press himself closer to her. If he held her close he could forget what he had done. He would immerse himself in the essence of Leera and remember nothing else.

Once again she pulled back and he almost wailed at the loss of contact with her cool, clean skin. His nose twitched as her unique fragrance wafted up and enveloped him in its sweetness.

She sat up on the edge of the bed. ?You betrayed me,? she told him, and there was coldness in her voice now. Her eyes glinted in the night, their darkness so complete that he felt a flash of fear.

He shook himself. This was his Leera. He had nothing to fear. She would understand; she had always understood.

?The reward was too great,? he said in a pleading voice. ?And I owed money??

His words trailed away in shame. His reasons were no excuse and he would not demean her by offering them. But he felt the words struggling to be spoken.

A sad smile tugged at her lips and she reached out to press her hand against his cheek. He turned into it, placing a tender kiss on her palm. ?You owed money to the Black Sun,? she said. There was no question in her voice. And Mykkos knew it was not a guess. Leera knew things.

Mykkos looked at her, taking in the soft black curls that fell past her shoulders, the lithe frame that spoke of speed and power. The shadows in the room bruised her throat, troubling him.

As if aware of his gaze, her hands fluttered up to the mark. It seemed to shift before his eyes. Fear roiled through him. But then the curtains flapped and he knew he had imagined it.

?You didn?t know,? she said.

He flinched at her voice. There was an ugly sound to it now that had never been there

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: :eek: Ack!! That was just good, old-fashioned, deliciously spooky, K. *shivers* I thought this was going to be a sweet, romantic, lovers-reunited story, then you throw that amazing curveball. =D=

I loved it! :D

3. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    And then he knew that Leera was dead; she had been dead a long time.

But she had kept her promise.

She had come back to him.

A tortured scream tore through the night.

Ouch! That one caught me by surprise! I expected fluffy romance, you know the sweet stuff and then POW! Great story!

4. Fisto89

Fisto89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    Great twist at the end! At first, I thought it was Anakin and Padme... but NO! Good writing continues to hold the story up!

5. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Whoa . . . nasty! Loved the romantic/angsty buildup and then that killer twist. Very creepy indeed. =D=

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Creepiness! :eek:

Leave it to you! [face_laugh]

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Holy crap!! That was more than a little unsettling VL. Wonderfully horrible imagery. ( That's a good thing btw ;) ) =D=

8. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Now that was creepy! I loved it, but creepy. Reminds me of old ghost stories.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Gina You mean this isn't a love story?

AnakinsHeir Aw, shucks! Thank you! :D

Fisto89 Thank you!

JediNemesis Uh yeah, you know a thing or two about killer twists yourself! [face_shame_on_you]

VadersMistress Thank you, I aim to please!

obi_ew So happy to hear it unsettled you! :)

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Exactly what I was going for, so that's good!

10. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Dean Koontz- huh. I've read some of his books, but not Odd Thomas. Though I think I will be checking it out in the futurue, if it inspired this.

This was creepy, but that's okay because I love creepy. And it was dark, but I love dark as well, so I'm happy. And the romance was interesting as well. Here I thought it was going to be this mushy reunion and then it turned out to be dark and creepy and everything- best of both worlds, in my opinion. A mixture of mush and dark.

I loved that last line- She had come back. Even from the dead, as it were... Not that he didn't deserve it. And I liked how she was a Jedi, if not a fully trained one that had escaped the purges somehow. Nice touch.

Anyway, excellent job, I really liked it. Loved it, really...

11. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Creepiness times two! I loved it. :D

12. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I love Dean Koontz too! And Odd Thomas was one of my favorites! This was deliciously creepy! Started out like a sweet little love story and then POW! Right in the face! I liked that! :D

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Alethia Romance isn't for the faint of heart! [face_batting]

LukesTheMan Glad you liked it! :D

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Yeah, but I didn't like the sequel as well. :( Still love Odd, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.