main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'll Come For Thee By Moonlight (K/S romangst, inspired by *The Highwayman*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    I?ll Come For Thee By Moonlight
    By Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Disclaimer
    : I don?t own the poem (?The Highwayman?) which inspired this short story. Alfred Noyes does. I don?t own Kyp Durron ? this time, the genius is George Lucas and Kevin J. Anderson. I *do* own Sanar, Na?Lein?yhpaon and the Order (please ask before borrowing). I?m not making any money off of this, please don?t waste your time by suing.
    Summary: Though she has been plagued by nightmares that she cannot recall, Sanar thinks nothing of it when Kyp sets out to destroy the Order. That laspe in her usually-active suspicion costs Sanar and Kyp much....too much.
    Characters: Sanar Klis, Kyp Durron, Clayra Klis, Horaire
    Genre: romance, drama, angst, vague spookiness
    Author?s Note: well, I?ve been thinking about doing something along these lines (Hallowe?en pushed me along) for quite a while, though it only changed from K/J to K/S on Tuesday :p I know I can?t do this incredible poem justice, but I?ll do my best *crosses fingers* enjoy ? and Happy Hallowe?en! [face_devil]
    AN2: the style?s a little different from my usual stuff (maybe from the ?Hamlet? reading I?ve been going through?) but I wanted to make it more poetic, considering the source of inspiration.

??^??^??^??^??^??^??^??^??^??^??^??^

?Yet if they press me sharply, and harry me through the day,
    Then look for me by moonlight,
    Watch for me by moonlight:
    I?ll come to thee by moonlight, though Hell should bar the way.?

~?The Highwayman? by Alfred Noyes

Kyp Durron almost shivered underneath the cloudy sky and it was all he could do to stay on his horse as the wind whipped and bit at him from every angle. Overhead, the moon drifted eerily between clouds, like a ship in the fog. He took a deep breath and continued on, vowing that he would make it to her home before he left. He was going through this all for her; he had to let her know what he left to do.

Though the Force whispered warnings, he labelled them only the suspicions and paranoia that came with such an eerie setting. His anger grew, briefly, as he thought about her. She wasn?t sleeping well; whether it was for reason of the nights or Horaire or the nightmares, he didn?t know, but he prayed that tonight would help. The promise of even potential comfort for his beloved pushed him forward, despite his misgivings.

After tonight, she won?t have to toss and turn on such stormy, ghostly nights. She has lived all her life here; you can stand one night for her, he reassured, as his horse went tlot-tlot down the moonlit path.

She woke with the sick jolt that was coming more and more often. Pulling her knees to her chest, huddling under the sheets, she screwed her eyes shut, trying to push the images away. Always they came, now; always cold sweat drenched her as her breath came in short bursts; always, the nightmares disappeared before she could grasp them.

She buried her face in her pillow, urging the night ghouls to leave her, to give her a moment of peace.

Instead, she heard a soft whistle.

Instead, she felt a soft, inquiring brush against her mind.

Kyp.

She flew to the window, hesitating long enough only to pull a robe around her almost-shier white nightgown. She searched only a second before throwing the window open. ?What are you doing?? she demanded as loudly as she dared, fingering the roses ? named love-knots by the commoners ? she had left by the window. ?Why are you here??

He looked up at her and she could read the love that lay in his eyes. ?This is the last time we will have to creep about to see each other, Sanar,? he promised, watching as she placed one of the love-knots in her dark hair. ?The Order will fall tonight; after this stormy night, only small remnants will remain.?

For a moment, she shuddered as the Strings made indistinct whispers about her, taunting her sanity. Then they were gone, and her heart swelled with fra

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    sniff sniff sniff

That was so great, TJF! But angsty. :_| Poor Sanar and Kyp! But at least they were together in the end [face_love]

*LtJS*

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *hands Lt a tissue*

thanks :D and i know...poor K/S....i put them through so much hatred and anger and then, just when they figure things out, i put them through angst :p

~TJF

4. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003

Awwww.... [face_love] *melts*

JEDI DOGS!!! :mad: DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanar... [face_love]

Kyp... [face_love]

Together... [face_love]

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    i'm glad you liked/melted :D

JEDI DOGS!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops...that part was unclear, i guess. "The Order" is not a group of Jedi; it's the government on Sanar's home planet. so the Jedi are the good guys in this fic ;)

~TJF

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was beautiful! Sanar's sacrifice was noble...and you made me like Kyp yet again. :mad: ;) You're the only person who can do that! How? Why?

Poor Sanar! She sacrificed herself to save Kyp, but in the end, his rage over that became his downfall...Why did I see that coming a mile away? But, still. That was an awesome little story, TJF.

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
  8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Striker: Oh, that was beautiful!

thanks [face_blush] :D

Sanar's sacrifice was noble...and you made me like Kyp yet again. :mad: ;) You're the only person who can do that! How? Why?

lol...you're the second person to complain about that....06 used to *hate* kyp, and then i almost converted her to k/j (whoops? :p). *shrugs* people seem to like my version of kyp...

Poor Sanar! She sacrificed herself to save Kyp, but in the end, his rage over that became his downfall...

well, she knew it was a possibility...she couldn't take the chance that he wouldn't however. *sigh* sanar is one complicated gal...first she hates durron, then she's giving her life up for him :p who knew? :p

Why did I see that coming a mile away?

okay, it was cliche :p

That was an awesome little story, TJF.

JJD: thanks :D [face_blush]

~TJF

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    well, this one was a flop :p ;)

bump^

~TJF

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I liked it! :D

11. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Lt :)

[self pity moment]
    you're one of the few who did : (
    [/self pity]

~TJF

12. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    What a beautiful vignette! I've always loved "The Highwayman," and your story succeeds in truly doing justice to the poem. The haunting quality of the description and dialogue was excellent. I especially liked this line:

She had never learned how to let go of something and, for once, it was not a critical, humiliating flaw. This time, it would save a life ? Kyp?s life. It shows so much about Sanar.

Great job!

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    [self pity moment]
    you're one of the few who did : (
    [/self pity]

Nah...people are just too lazy to post... :mad:

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Xaara: thank you! i'm glad the worry-over-the-right-words showed :)

Lt: eh, well, it doesn't matter, i guess.... [face_plain]

~TJF

15. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm glad the worry-over-the-right-words showed

It certainly did. It's always wonderful to read the work of an author who clearly takes time to make his (or her) work shine. UP! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.