main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'll Come With You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThreadSketch, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005

Poor Luke. I am reminded of scripture, actually. The saying that the Lord tests those that he loves the most (which I think comes from Hebrews 12:6: For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth". I had to cheat and look that up. LOL) I'm just saying, the Force must really, really, REALLY love Luke.

I just want to give him a hug! The poor guy. Poor Mara. They both need.... well, something. I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Chyntuck likes this.
  2. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Well, the Force is just an impersonal energy field, so it just doesn't care. :p

He's gonna get a swift Solo kick in the hiney first, LOL. Hugs later. ;)

Even though it's a lot of mental work, I'm really enjoying working on the next portion, which is much longer than this little tidbit.

Chyntuck and Gemma like this.
  3. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

Gemma likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice! Luke needs to woo Mara Jade. He has an advantage...he doesn't have amnesia. So he knows everything about the woman. He knows every like and dislike. I wonder how long he can get away with being the perfect suitor before Mara gets suspicious? Lol!

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  5. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    There's someone else who knows everything that happened here too - though he's really good at keeping mum:

[​IMG]

[face_mischief]:p

6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Awww, Scumbag Artoo! [face_laugh]

This was lovely and perfect. Han was great. We need more Han/Luke bromance fic.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    This fic is also turning out to be sort of a little love letter to the Legends EU; I'm trying to sprinkle references all over it like Hansel and Gretel's pebble trail. Even though a lot of it was nuts, I'm just pretending it really all happened and the characters themselves take it in a tongue-in-cheek, slightly meta way. There was stuff here from The Han Solo Trilogy, Scoundrels, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Dark Empire, the Black Fleet Crisis, The New Rebellion, and the Corellian Trilogy.

E-brownie points to anybody who can name the title of the song Luke dredged up here. :p

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I really enjoyed the conversation going back and forth -- Luke getting upset with ire and then Han talking him back down and then the up with the pep talk. Look forward to his next conversation with Mara.

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, given your talent at writing Han's POV, I think you should write a fic titled "The Kid and the Redhead" after this - the whole L/M thing from Han's perspective ;)

Seriously now, your characterization of Han rocks. Kudos!

10. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    hell, yeah! That's Han Solo for you, Lukie! Only he can bring you back on earth of mortals like this. Maybe, that's why the Force dicided to show it's grandson the way of winning something without it's help. Like a lesson of life.

ginchy likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL loving the reviews so far and this update -- superb "voice" for Han you have here. =D= =D= Not just in the dialogue, ThreadSketch :cool: but in the inner musings and reactions. Bravo! [:D] [:D]

P.S. The song came from CoPl -- and I think Threepio was the one who "invented" it. [face_rofl] :rolleyes:

12. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Fantastic chapter, and the relationship between Luke and Han is perfect. And of course, it's always nice to see "The Virtues of King Han Solo" trotted out for maximum comedy effect!

Excellent =D=

13. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Yeah, another upcoming instance of pain that'll work out for the better. ;)

DON'T FEED THE BUNNIES, LOLZ. [face_laugh]

He and Mara have a lot in common - namely, the ability to smack-talk sense into Luke. :p I'm glad Han sounded "right" here, both in his speech and thoughts. He's one of my thornier characters to write.

I do prefer to write in dialect - I feel weird writing out complete, grammatically correct words or sentences for someone who has a very casual or accented way of speaking, even though most profic authors do that and it's usually fine.

Bingo! :D Because of course, in my silliest level of head!canon - since Mark Hamill was the "host" body of Luke Skywalker, as he puts it - Luke knows he's capable of doing all sorts of wacky impersonations, but he doesn't do it often. :p Leia still doesn't believe that Yoda sounds the way he does when Luke imitates him, LOL.

I can refer you to THIS. [face_rofl]

He just wants to be wuuuuuuuuuuuuved. [face_worried]:_|:p

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm a naughty lurker, but I'm really enjoying this fic. I remember another similar one to this on FFN that I loved, in which Luke loses his memory. I don't know what it is about the idea of one of them getting amnesia after Nirauan, but it always drags me in hook, line, and sinker. I loved all the little bits from Legends, and the Virtues of King Han Solo is always good for a laugh.

15. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I'm a fellow naughty lurker, so you're in good company. [face_blush];)

I think I have a vague idea about that other fic you're talking about, and I may have read it; the premise sounds familiar. I didn't know this particular plot bunny was an L/M magnet - good thing it hit me, I guess! :p (I'm sorry again, Jedi_Lover, LOL.)

I'll just come right out and say it - Mara's not going to get her memory back. It'll still be okay.

I'd like to think The Virtues of King Han Solo went viral on the HoloNet and became the GFFA's version of TROLOLOLOLO. [face_laugh]

JadeLotus likes this.
  16. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Headcanon accepted!!!

17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

You come back here and fix this, young lady. You come back here right now. :p

I can't wait!! :D

18. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [face_dancing][face_mischief][face_dancing]

Hey, like Han said, there's more than one way to forge a relationship. ;)

And oh my pancakes, the beginning of Chapter 4 is just vomiting out of me, lol - I may update much sooner than I thought. Not that anyone's going to mind, I think...

19. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    this is great! :)

Please let me know when it's updated :)

Thanks

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I like Han talking some sense into Luke. He's right. If Mara said yes to the proposal, then those feelings are somewhere under that very, very tough exterior. ...yeah, good luck, Luke. [face_rofl]

21. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Thank you! I may use tags next time, since I can see who's regularly on board now.

Better luck herding rancors. :p

22. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sorry that I haven't commented yet. I've been a bit of a lurker, but I wanted you to know i am following this one with great anticipation. Luke really sod need some sense talked into him. Depressed Luke is always hard to read in any circumstance.

23. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

Gemma likes this.
  24. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    This is only the beginning for her and him...he'll wait though.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific and emotionally intense =D= Mara's reactions were just what you would expect [face_thinking] @};-

Gemma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.