main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'll Come With You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThreadSketch, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Well, it's my own fault for watching my own thread. [face_blush] I sense much flattery in you. ;)[face_laugh]

Kahara likes this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Excellent update -- I always love to see the family interaction with Luke and the kids and then with Han and/or Leia.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

Gemma, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    You are a menace. Next time please remind me to read your update AFTER I've had lunch.

Other than that, I won't say much because everyone else will comment on your story better than me, but I just want to mention how much I adored this last sentence:
    [face_love]

Gemma, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Let me say straight up and for the record. This was so Luke and so Leia, and so wonderfully warm and Zahn-ish in the best way. I love their candor and their sibling closeness. And I really, really love that you acknowledged the high price Leia has paid, and the kids too, :( for her many long days and crises at the drop of a hat!! :p It's time for a family focus while still making a difference. @};-

=D= =D=

Gemma, Kahara and divapilot like this.
  6. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [face_rofl]=P~

Be sure to don your stretchy pants before reading! [face_laugh]

Heeeeeeee. Mara can join the family of scoundrels, LOL. :D

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed the HoT duology, the ending was really fast-forwarded and truncated in terms of showing the SkySolo family's reactions to the Galactic Civil War actually being over. It's kind of a big deal. o_O These people have been through hell multiple times over for the sake of the galaxy and their own friends and loved ones and none of them came out unscathed, which also happens to be a theme that'll be explored in more depth as the story progresses.

I'm a shameless fan of Luke and Leia being adorbs as siblings, no matter how old they get. [face_tee_hee] And I thought that was a nice little moment that Leia shared with the Devist clone brothers in Vision of the Future. They were telling her how their template, Baron Fel, loved agriculture and thus they did too, and they'd invested a lot in establishing and protecting their families on Pakrik Minor, even though they knew they could be recalled to war at any time. It made Leia nostalgic for Alderaan and she easily empathized with them, so it wasn't much of a stretch for me to think that scene could have also stirred up her desire to close the more political chapter of her career and switch her focus. I discussed the idea with JadeLotus and she agreed it was an interesting route to take.

Even though Luke and Mara are the main event of this fic, I like including peripheral details and plotlines to make the story a little richer.

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

o_O LOL wut?

I don't know what I've done lately, but you're welcome! 8-}

Love the sibling love in this section. :)

Kahara likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I love the talk between Leia and Luke! Nice update!

Kahara likes this.
  9. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Dude, the Vogue stuff. :p It's gonna be used eventually! I would be remiss if I only thanked JadeLotus and didn't give you any kudos. ;)

Thankies! :D

10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] I love Luke and Leia doing their "twin thing" and their bond being given attention as well.

You know I love the idea of Leia taking a step back from the political arena and spending some time at the Academy - her accepting that she can honour the Organa and Skywalker legacies is poignant and fitting.

11. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    It's just fun to go down a totally different but still plausible route that the EU didn't take (imagine if Leia had been around at the academy during the YJK series!) And I figure that this many years later, Luke just takes the whole cheesy holo situation that started in LSatSoM in stride and laughs at it, because there's nothing else he can do. :p

Duke and Tara... [face_mischief]

12. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I like the sound of it too, Leia! :)

I swear to god if The Force Awakens doesn't give us one good Skywalker twin scene I'm going to flip a table.

Gemma, JadeLotus and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'll be flipping along with you JediMara77. :p

JadeLotus likes this.
  14. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

Chewie will show you how it's done. [face_mischief][face_laugh]

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Terrific story. I love how REAL the characters are. The scenes with Leia and her family interacting with Luke were wonderful. I love the whole mushy family scene, and you write it superbly.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Thanks! I'm glad they're coming off that way. :)

17. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

Kahara likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Mara! Stop playing impossible to get! [face_not_talking]

Nice update!

Gemma likes this.
  19. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    But that'd take all the fun out of it! [face_mischief]:p

Gemma likes this.
  20. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh-oh..I have a bad feeling about this.

21. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Mara's turmoil here feels very real and natural - she can intellectually reason that all of her doubts and concerns were addressed by the Force bond, but as she doesn't actually have those memories she can't quite shake them.

Heh - great line!

Gemma likes this.
  22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Yes, this is her freak-out time now. :p And on a more subtle level, she's wondering if getting involved in a full-blown relationship will actually ruin the good friendship she begrudgingly admits that they already have. In a way she feels that because she cares for Luke, this isn't the smartest thing to pursue. She's also retaliating against the sheer shock of it all.

23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

I once had a guy say something like this to me, and that he was scared to be in a relationship for fear of hurting our friendship. I told him he was being stupid. Now we're married. :D

Mara, Mara, Mara...you can run but you can't hide! We all know how this ends! [face_not_talking]

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Agree fully that her turmoil feels real and natural =D= and the absence of those convenient memories is a disadvantage. But Luke would never think of Mara as a replacement for anything. He wouldn't insult her that way nor lie to himself that way. If he wasn't crazy about her with or without the Force bond, he'd just continue with the friendship. [face_thinking] Love can't solve everything but it sure makes life a lot richer and certainly beats being a cynical snit. :rolleyes: [face_laugh]

Excellent characterization BTW. =D=

P.S. I do sense a bit of a sulk in that note of his though ;)

Gemma likes this.
  25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    As I have been saying in every thread, I got behind and I apologize!! I can't believe I missed the reveal chapter. Very well written, and poor Mara. This is a lot to take on in a short amount of time. Maybe the Force had good reason for giving them that bond, so that situations like this could be easier dealt with. Of course, what the Force giveth it also taketh away, right? So... I can't wait to see if they can get this act together on their own. (I hope.)

Gemma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.