main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'll Come With You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThreadSketch, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    You said this weekend. That starts today ;) (Is there an emoticon for "stern look"?)

2. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    You could try...this one. [face_waiting]

Or...this one. [face_phbbbbt]

Or...this one. :mad:

:p

Heh, being in a worn-out, cranky, headache-y mood is probably appropriate for what I need to write next, lol.

Chyntuck likes this.
  3. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    :_|

That's really all I have to say about that.

5. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Wow. *claps* short and sweet. (okay, more like saddening but stil) I love moments that make me cry. Shows they're written well.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, now I see the amazing proof that oh wow, you have absorbed the lessons of your fanfic role models well. =D= =D= Succinct and heart-tugging introspective bridge to the conversation to come. Now us readers are even more convinced that Han will be just what the doctor ordered. :) ^:)^

7. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

ROTFL. [face_laugh]

Luke is pretty pathetic right now. The Wibble is strong with this one. :p

I guess that means the tone is all right, though, not TOO overblown. I hope. Lol, see my avatar...

8. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Indeed he will be, although it'll be more akin to ripping a Band-Aid off a hairy arm. [face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Absolutely nothing wrong with pathetic. He has a lot to feel despair about. He thought he found something and now he's lost it.

No, it wasn't to overblown. I could feel a wave of emotion come over me so that's a good sign. I always say when I can get myself to feel something when I write, then I've succeeded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Cool beans, then. :)

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Less angst! More bootknocking! :p

Nice update!

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Unfortunately, that's a reeeeeeeeeeeeally long way off. [face_laugh] Really long way, lol. (Seriously. I think at the rate I'm going it's going to take at least several months to get this whole thing posted.)

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999

Unacceptable! :p

[​IMG]

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You know...Artoo looks like he likes that. Fifty Shades of Droid Gray.

15. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Whack away, that's just how it's gonna be, y'all. [face_cowboy]

Gemma and taramidala like this.
  16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    All joking aside, while there will be romance in this story eventually, this fic is meant to be a very slow burn. Without getting too spoilery, there's two things going on here for Luke: his machismo side thinking, "I proposed to her and she said yes, so I'm gonna put my game face on and get my groove back," and his Woobie side trying to make peace with the possibility that he may wind up permanently friend-zoned...and it's okay. He's been friends with Mara for much longer than he's been a potential lover, fiancé and spouse to her, so if he can keep her in his life as just a BFF, he's willing to live with that as long as she's around and not so distant anymore, even though it'll still hurt a little.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heh.

For Mara, it's a dilemma on whether she thinks joining herself to Luke is a worthwhile endeavor or a disaster waiting to happen, along with sorting out all her other issues with being anti-social and confronting deep, unvoiced fears about getting so close to another powerful Force-user after having served Palpatine.

So...bootknocking has a very small and distant role in this story. If anyone isn't really interested in slogging through all the introspection and talking and angst, etc., that's okay; you don't have to stick around to read it all.

17. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Nice update. I'm enjoying the story -- I still want to read what happens next and next.

18. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Thanks. :) I just don't want to make any false impressions. I know readers like to read specific things, and even though this has "L/M" on the front, it might not be the usual cup of tea for L/Mers.

Gemma likes this.
  19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, just go where the story takes you.

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Well I, personally, would like more angst ;)

21. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    You describe Luke's mental and physical state so perfect. It's great. As I have already said, I love good writed angst. Looking forward to read conversation between two brothers.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I love slow-burn stories [face_dancing] The process of the journey is fascinating ;) The only thing about looong stories that makes me anxious is the author gets sucked into the vortex of DRL and the readers are like left hanging on a cliffie. :p Otherwise ... LOL :*

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014

Same here :)

Oh, and ThreadSketch, I luuuuuv your soundtracks!

24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Write what you want! We tease because we love. :)

25. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Thankfully, apart from small details and possible scene shuffling, the overall arc of the entire plot is already planned out; I definitely know where and how it's going to end.

Strap in, sister! [face_mischief]

Thank you! (I personally suffer tension headaches almost every day. They're my frenemies. :p)

Indeed, stuff does happen and there's never a guarantee - and in the course of life, fanfic is a low priority. But I know the commitment I made in starting this thing, so short of something dire I do intend to keep puttering away at it until it's finished. It's not fair for me to leave everybody hanging just because I get lazy.

I'M SO GLAD SOMEBODY'S LISTENING, LOL. :_|[face_laugh][face_dancing]

At the very, very end of the story I want to make a master list post of all the music tracks that'll make it easy for readers to listen to everything straight through, especially if they prefer to read the entire fic first without the multimedia portion. Hopefully Grooveshark doesn't plan on disappearing by the time I get there...

I know. :p But yeah, it might get a little boring or aggravating along the way. Hopefully not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.