main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'll probably miss this....

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PolishYoda, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolishYoda

PolishYoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2004
    Hey everyone. You won't recognize my name, because I'm just a lurker. However, it just occured to me that as excited as I am about catching ROTS tomorrow night, I sure am going to miss browsing through all the speculation and commentary on this board. Reading these threads has kind of become my way to unwind after a day at work and an evening at school.

Everyone have fun at the midnight screenings. Here's to hoping the fun conversation continues even after the movie's release.

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
  3. Anakin_Darth

Anakin_Darth Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Believe me, I cried alot about it; when I watched ROTJ last night, I was in tears the whole last 30 minutes. It's going to be hard seeing the words "Directed by George Lucas" one.last.time....

:(

4. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    End of an era. I'll miss it too.
    I'm just glad that we were able to get the prequel movies.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    "Directed by George Lucas"
    that isn't over.
    George is just going onto other films.
    It will be the last time you see it on a Star Wars film, but won't be the last time you ever see it.

-Seldon

6. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I don't remember how old I was when I first heard there was more material than what we got in the OT, and I don't remember when it was officially announced George was going back to AGGFA to make the PT, but it must have been at least 10 years ago. Ever since, whenever I've watched the OT the questions I've always asked myself have held a new significance cos one day in the distant future those questions might get answered.

I honestly can't imagine I will ever anticipate anything in my life any more than one tenth of the amount of anticipation I've felt for this film. The jedi council on TFN has been a wonderful way to stir my emotions over the years and build my anticipation to excrutiating levels, and the 3NS forum has allowed me to take ROTS build to the next level. In this last week I've felt kind of flat because there is no greater feeling in the world than anticipation, and very soon it will be gone.

The day I could never fully imagine has finally arrived and I really don't know what I'm feeling. In many ways I really wish this day never came, but that's not what it's all about, and in the last couple of days I've realised the kid in me again, and I've been slashing my invisible lightsabre around as if I was 8 again (I'm 24 now). This film is going to make want to be a jedi all over again.

I just wish it didn't ever have to end.

Cheers George - what a ride. Cheers fellow 3NS users, you've all stuck to the forum policy admirably, and a special thanks to Garth and Windy - fantastic job.

It's been a pleasure guys + gals, see you on the other side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.