main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "I'll put it on your tab." - A series of snapshots (Qui, Mynn, Dooku, OCs) new post 07/01/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aya-Na_Bashu, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    "I?ll Put It On Your Tab."
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mynna?ari Ri?iga (OC), other Canon characters and OCs.
    Genre: Humor, Angst, and everything in between, including the kitchen sink.

This series of snapshots is a prequel to A Cry in the Dark and covers a number of years of the friendship between Qui-Gon and Mynn. The snapshots will not be in any order except that dictated by my plot bunnies.

Disclaimer: I bow to Master Lucas for allowing me to spend time with the children of his imagination. The only gain I get from this is the enjoyment of time spent playing in his universe.

The Gardens

?Hey Mynn, wait up,? Qui-Gon called to the figure gliding in front of him. ?I need you to do a favor for me.?

?What is it this time Qui-Gon? No, don't tell me, let me guess. You want me to hide another of those creatures you seem to be endlessly acquiring on your missions.?

?Not this time Mynn.? Qui-Gon stared at the floor, not wanting to meet Mynn?s steady gaze as he continued. ?I sort of need you to cover for me if my master comes looking for me.?

With a sigh Mynn studied her companion?s face for any hint of the trouble in which he found himself. ?What have you done this time, Qui-Gon Jinn??

?Nothing, I swear. Well, nothing yet, anyway? Qui-Gon looked like a youngling caught with his hand in the sweets jar.

?Okay, Qui-Gon, spill it! What are you planning? Why do you need me to provide an alibi? And just how am I supposed to convince Master Dooku that I?m not lying??

?You know how I like to meditate in the gardens.?

?Go on.?

?Well, my master thinks I should be meditating in one of the rooms designed for that purpose, that I?m not properly meditating when I go to the gardens. I can?t focus in the meditation rooms. All you would have to do is tell him that you know I went to meditate, you just don?t mention where. That way you wouldn?t be lying to him.?

?It?s your braid, Qui-Gon, I really hope you know what you?re doing. I would suggest, however, that you head in the direction of the meditation rooms when you leave here before you go to the gardens.?

?Thanks Mynn, I owe you one.?

?You owe me a lot more than one, Qui-Gon Jinn." Sighing, "I?ll put it on your tab.?

Since this is a series of snapshots, if you want to be PMed when I update, let me know.

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwww what a cute snapshot! Good job, Aya!

3. Mind_Tricked

Mind_Tricked Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2005
    [face_love]

Cute way to present the bond Qui-Gon and Mynn share. Their mutual trust and the amount of things she is ready to do for him!

Like, I can't imagine myself standing in front of Dooku telling him that... yeees... I've seen him, but... I don't know... basically.. where he is.. errr.. Uh, uh, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a minute to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous...

great job!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was great! Please add me to your PM list when you update so I don't miss one! ;)

5. Tiffanty1

Tiffanty1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh I really like this story! This is going to be good. Can't wait to read the next part! [:D]

6. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Layren - Awwww what a cute snapshot! Good job, Aya!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Mind_Tricked - Cute way to present the bond Qui-Gon and Mynn share. Their mutual trust and the amount of things she is ready to do for him!

It's not all cuteness between these two, they've grown up together, they know each others strengths and weaknesses. They also know which buttons to push and what dirt to use if having to resort to blackmail to "encourage" the other. LOL They're as close as any siblings, and just as devious.

Like, I can't imagine myself standing in front of Dooku telling him that... yeees... I've seen him, but... I don't know... basically.. where he is.. errr.. Uh, uh, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a minute to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous...

You make Mynn sound like Han in the prison wing on the first Death Star. ROFLMBO.

Glad you're enjoying it.

VaderLVR64 - Thanks for reading, you're on the PM list. In fact, you're at the top.

Tiffanty1 - Thank you, Padawan. [:D]

Thanks for reading, ya'll. There are several shots in varying stages of progress. Which one gets posted next is up to the plot bunnies, I only do what they command. I do know that there is one that shouldl be ready in the next few days.

I'll warn you now, there is cuteness ahead, just as there is some angst, and more than a little humor.

Once again, if you want me to put you on the PM list, let me know.

7. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    This is great! Love how you write Qui-Gon, Master. The pathetic lifeform part got a grin out of me. :)

Hope to see an update soon! [:D]

aden

8. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    The name of the band was part of a phrase I overheard at a con recently. It spawned this plot bunny.

Be careful what you call someone

?I don?t believe it. "Five Werewolves and a Dead Guy" is playing the Coruscant Bowl next cycle. I wonder if we can get passes,? an excited Mynn told her companion.

?Why does that name sound familiar?? Qui-Gon asked not looking up from the datapad he was studying.

?Because, silly, it was a name that got us in trouble with Master Yoda when we were initiates.?

?I stayed in trouble with Yoda.? Qui-Gon grumped. ?Care to refresh my memory??

?Some of the hairiest masters we?d ever seen were sitting talking with that Givin Master. He looked like a walking skeleton. Remember??

?Um, not really.?

?You were the one that called them ?the five werewolves and a dead guy?. Yoda heard you and smacked you over the head with his gimmer stick.?

?It?s starting to come back to me. Was that the time he gave me the concussion?? He set the datapad aside.

?Yep.? Barely disguised amusement twinkling in Mynn?s eyes. ?Someone else, besides Yoda, must have heard that comment.?

?Explain to me why I want to see this band??

?You?ve been listening to them for the past two ten-days. That?s the music that?s been playing every time you?ve come by to visit. I was under the impression that you liked them.?

?They?re ok, I guess. I?m just not sure I want to spend the credits to see them, the Coruscant Bowl?s expensive.?

?Qui-Gon Jinn, you?re an old stick in the mud. If you don?t want to see them, just tell me, I?ll just find someone else who wants to go.?

9. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] I loved it!

10. Mind_Tricked

Mind_Tricked Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh] That was so mean of Qui-Gon! He deserved the smack (maybe not the concussion..)

Nice way to name a band by the way. I bet that's not classical music they're playing.

Please put me on the PM list [face_batting] and thank you for the explanation! [:D]

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    ?You were the one that called them ?the 5 werewolves and a dead guy?. Yoda heard you and smacked you over the head with his gimmer stick.?

?It?s starting to come back to me. Was that the time he gave me the concussion??

[face_laugh]

That was great Aya! I look forward to more of these!

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! [face_laugh] I needed that after the day I had!

13. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    unlocked.

14. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi all,

RL intruded and prevented me from continuing the snapshots. I was up to my pointy ears in classwork, but now all the classes are done and I graduate in July.

I have the next snapshot is in the so stay tuned.

Aya

15. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    In Good Times and in Bad

Mynn hated the healers wing, almost as much as Qui-Gon and Obi-want did. ?Why?, she thought to herself, ?am I coming in here in the middle of the night??

?Qui-Gon? You look you fell into a den of gundarks. What happened? ? Mynn asked as she floated into the exam room taking in the tattered and singed robes.

?You don?t look so great either, Mynn. We were ambushed. I?ll be ok in a day or two, but Obi-Wan?s in the bacta tank for 9 days. He?s been hit with blaster fire and took a direct hit in his side. I wasn?t sure he?d even make it back to the Temple, it was touch and go for a while.? Qui-Gon shifted, trying, without much success, to find a more comfortable position to lay in.

?Only three people knew the route we were to take and we even changed that after we got underway. Six of the Prefect?s guards were killed and 4 more were seriously injured. The Prefect escaped without injury.?

?Is there anything I can do for you, short of breaking you out of here?? she quarried the tall Jedi.

?They won?t let me out long enough to check on Obi-Wan. Can you at least get a hoverchair so I can go check on him? I don?t want him to think he?s been abandoned.?

?Qui ? ??

?It?s only for a few moments, Mynn. It would mean a lot to both of us.?

Mynn sighed, ?I don?t know why I let you talk me into things, we?ll only get into trouble, again. This is on you Qui-Gon Jinn.? Mynn told him as she floated out to find the requisite hoverchair.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Glad to see this one active! :D

=D=

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    What, Qui-Gon talk someone into maybe getting them into trouble? Awww, that would never happen. [face_mischief] I hope they heal up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.