main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I'll Stand by You (Sobiwan Song Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I?ll Stand by You
    By obi?s girl

Summary: A Sabewan viggie. After talking to the Council, Obi-Wan has no choice but to leave Sabé but is it the right thing to do? He must choose between what the Council wants him to do or follow his heart and stay with the woman he loves?
    Disclaimer: ?I?ll Stand by You? is by the Pretenders. Obi-Wan and Sabé, as much I love them both, come from George Lucas?s Star Wars saga.

Oh, why you look so sad?
    Years are in your eyes,
    Come on and come to me now.
    Don?t be ashamed to cry
    Let me see you through
    ?Cause I?ve seen the dark side too
    You don?t know what to do
    Nothing you confess
    Could make me love you less.

"Don't push me away," Sabé pleaded Ben as he stalked away from her. Yesterday, everything was fine between them. They were happy but something changed within the twenty-four hours they were apart from each other. Sabé knew the Council must have talked to him, told him it had to be over between them but Sabé didn't think Obi-Wan would actually listen to them. She knew he'd listen to what they had to say, but she assured herself there was no way Ben was going to walk away from her.

Obi-Wan shrugged hopelessly, looking away from her, "I have nothing left to say,"

Sabé angrily stepped in front of him, blocking his way to the front of her small house. "Well I have!"

"We can't be together, it was a stupid dream.... It?s time for us to wake up," he mumbled, his eyes still averted from hers and it was then Sabé realized this decision wasn't his.

"So that's it?" Sabé cried, her eyes turning cold, "We reach the first hurdle and you just give up?"

Ben nodded, his eyes barely looking at hers, "The universe doesn't want us together."

"Screw the Universe!" Sabé yelled back and then calmly lowered her voice, her eyes and words pleading with him to reconsider. "This is about us whether you want to admit it or not,"

"...there's nothing to hold onto," his voice trembling as he said those words. He didn't want to leave Sabé, he knew it was a mistake to leave her but he was to weak say so.

Sabé was quiet for a long time, and then turned to him again, crossing her arms, "Tell me you don't love me." Obi-Wan nodded, not wanting to look into her brown eyes. ?I know you love me, Ben, please don?t do this,?

He shrugged, turning her to slightly. Sabé smiled as he rested his hands around her neck and cheeks. They?d already shared so much together, love, happy times, bad times, memories of their time together and so much more they had not experienced together.

~~

I?ll stand by you
    I?ll stand by you
    Won?t let nobody hurt you
    I?ll stand by you
    ~~

?Ben, you know this isn?t the right thing to do,? Sabé whispered, ?Please, reconsider??

?It isn?t my choice,? he mumbled and turned away from her again, ?A Jedi is not supposed to feel this way, I?ve lived by these standards my whole life, Sabé. I can?t just??

She nodded, wrapping her arms around herself and sighed. ?Ben, I know you. You haven?t once faltered in your duties as a Jedi, why would the Council force you to make this decision now unless I?m?.? Sabé paused, ?Pregnant with your child,?

~~

So if you?re mad, get mad
    Don?t hold it all inside
    Come on and talk to me now
    Hey, what you got to hide?
    I get angry you
    Well, I?m a lot like you.
    ~~

?Believe me, I want to be apart of your child?s life as much as possible but I have my duties and the Code??

?The Code forbids such attachments, I know,? she whispered, ?Did the Council sense something dark about my pregnancy??

Obi-Wan shrugged, pacing about the room before settling down on the couch. ?I don?t know what it means to be honest. I don?t know how our child can be a danger to the galaxy when I know, sharing anything this beautiful with you is a blessing,?

Sabé blushed, sitting down beside him on the couch, ?I?m glad at least I?ll always have a part of you with me, even if you can?t be,? she said hopefully and then frowned, crying.

?This isn?t fair,? Obi-Wan started, ?I don?t want to leave you alone,?

~~

When

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    You have been busy tonight. This was a sweet post. I love the devotion Obiwan has for Sabe. I don't know how you come up with your stories so fast.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Actually Crystal, it's an SO scene idea from the sobiwan network. I just took it a little farther.

~aeryn

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I like I was a bit nervous in the begining when Obi refused Sabe but it ended beautifully.

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    No need to be nervous Han :D I hope to write another Sabewan songfic and post it late this afternoon so watch the boards. I'm in that mood again :D

~aeryn

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Just thought I'd up this for people that haven't read this :D

~aeryn

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    This is the best Sobiwan viggie I have ever read! Seriously!!!!!! You should consider making it into a longer story! That would be so cool!!!!!!!!

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks diamond_pony but this was really meant to be a short viggie.

~aeryn

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.