main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Illuminations - A trio of RotJ vignettes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alphiriel, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphiriel

Alphiriel Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Title: Illuminations
    Author: Alphiriel
    Summary: A short collection of reflective vignettes for Luke, Leia, and Han set during the ?The Force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it, and? my sister has it? scene on Endor.
    A/N: Yes, I know Luke?s is the longest. :p Live with it; he?s my favorite. And I probably won't be adding more to this... If I do, it will most likely be more vignettes from the other two original movies.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars or any of the characters (darn).
    Feedback: Yes, please! Constructive criticism is also welcome and appreciated!

He was fighting an internal battle. Like the clashing of two lightsabers, the thoughts raged through his mind, each side fighting for superiority. Every moment he wasted brought danger closer to their safe haven. He had to run away, lead the enemy far from his friends. He could take a ship and leave. He could go away from everything, letting the Rebels fight their own war in which the chances of their victory were slim. No, he had to save his father. He had to face his fears and follow the course destiny had set. There was no destiny, no fate; he was free to make his own choices. But which choices were the right ones?

The thoughts were overwhelming him, clouding his mind with a fog-like haze. He was lost without direction, confused as to which way to turn.

And then, maybe only by chance, his eyes fell upon his twin who had come to stand beside him. She wouldn?t be able to help him, but if she knew what he did, he was sure which path she would have picked. He felt he had to stay and protect her, although he knew she was strong. A flicker of doubt rose up in him again, but his decision was made. He would do what he knew deep down he had to do, and he would do it for his sister, not just his father.

[hr]
    She gazed sadly at the young man, her brother. He looked so different from the first time they had met. He had been youthful and handsome, his bright eyes sparkling with the joy of life and the thrill of adventure. Now he seemed drained, old, and tired, his smiles given sparingly as if he was afraid of using them up. The worn ache in his eyes was too much for her, and she had to turn away, her own eyes filled with tears that threatened to spill out into the darkness far below.

[hr]
    He had never known love before, not really. Lust? Yes. Passion? Yes. But love? No. He had never known how it felt to hold someone close and comfort her, never known how it felt to be afraid of losing that someone, never known how it felt to give or receive a kiss that held so much meaning. He had said the words ?I love you? so many times before, but as he wrapped his arms around her, answering her request, in that short moment, he learned what it truly meant to love.

2. canislupus1818

canislupus1818 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    Hmmm, considering the fact that I'm a newbie and have never written fanfics, you might want to ingore my opinion. :p

Intersting vignettes. One can feel Luke's struggle as he's wrestling with himself. Also, Leia's concern for her brother is shown nicely. Han, well, I guess one can see him how he realizes that he's truly in love. (If the Leia and Han vignettes were a bit longer, that would definitely round off the characters better. To me, their thoughts and emotions look like fragments of something larger; while Luke's internal battle is depicted much more completely.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.