main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ILM does DBZ

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Hades2021, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    They are hoping for the DBZ movie saga to be 4 episodes long (4 movies). Starting in The Saiyan Saga, The Frieza Saga, The Android/Cell Saga, and the Majin Buu Saga.

George Lucas' CGI company ILM has signed a contract to do the special effects.

Ooh, I can't wait for that! Is there any other Dragonball Z fans out there?

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    As far as I know that is just a rumor (one that appeared many months ago). Apparently it came from a mistranslation of a report from Asia about a possible movie. I believe the original article said they were hoping to get someone like ILM do the VFX.

Unless you can put a link to a more recent and reliable source.

3. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Go to dragonballz.com

4. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    And if you look at the report about the live action movie, at the bottom it says none of the information is confirmed. So at this point it's still a rumor. It might still happen but at this point is more of wishful thinking. Just like IMDB's reliability for projects in development and early production.

DragonBallZ live action movie

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    This is just co cool.
    I am a fan of DBZ and it would be so cool to see a movie made of the DBZ series.

6. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I can only imagine how cool these movies would be.

7. 103728103

103728103 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2003
    Yeah but how come we have a clue about special effects(ILM) and not about about the casting and the director? I would like to see Ang Lee directing DBZ because he's already done an excellent job with HULK.

8. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    That's because we don't have any clue about anything. The film is far from production and the mention of ILM was more of wishful thinking by a reporter or writer. It might be ILM won't work (if this film ever gets made) at all. Just as well there is no info on actors, director,etc. it's just too far off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.