main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ILM models on display at Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nostradamus, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    ILM Models on Display in Chicago

If you've ever wanted to get up close to a speeder bike, a fallen AT-AT, the Coruscant skyline or other amazing models from the artists of Industrial Light & Magic, the windy city offers such an opportunity. Through January 9, the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago presents Action! An Adventure in Moviemaking, a special exhibit showcasing some of ILM's most famous models.
    Among the Star Wars models on display are the full-sized Imperial speeder bike from Return of the Jedi, the tripped AT-AT walker from The Empire Strikes Back, a fully-painted life-size Sebulba head maquette from The Phantom Menace, and a piece of the Coruscant skyline from Attack of the Clones.

Members of the 501st Legion Midwest Garrison and friends have been volunteering at the MSI as ambience throughout the run of the exhibit. Our last planned date to visit the MSI in Star Wars costumes is January 8th and 9th for the closing of the exhibit.

The 12,000-square foot exhibit includes a section entitled "Meet the Moviemakers," presenting an inside look at the filmmaking process told by top professionals in the field. "The Sound Stage Experience" takes museum guests right into the action of a movie sound stage, on three live sets where scenes are being shot. Finally, the postproduction process is illuminated in a screening room detailing the editing and mixing of a movie, with Skywalker Sound lending its expertise to the exhibit.

The Museum of Science and Industry is one of the most visited museums in the world. It is on 57th Street and Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. It is open every day of the year, except December 25. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sundays. For more information about the exhibit, visit the official website here.

THIS EXHIBIT RUNS THROUGH JANUARY 9th 2005

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I totally want to go!!

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Bit more warning would have been nice. I don't think I'll have time to go.

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Yeah---sorry about that! This exhibit had been posted on the Chicago Fan Force forum since the exhibit began. I'm not sure how much folks here check around the other fan force forums.
    We (Midwest Garrison) have had folks from all over (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa) join us for our events at the museum in costume.
    You are most welcome to join us in costume if you like. MSI/ACTION FINAL appearance 1/8 - 1/9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.