main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ILM Tribute with George Lucas

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Firesong, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firesong

Firesong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    Few things:

1.NO Special Editions for the Prequels? but he also did not count out adding in footage that existed we haven?t seen. Example: The Duel Lightsaber fight between Yoda and Dooku.

2. No Original Release versions (ala? E.T DVD) on the OT DVD?s? The Special Editions are what he wanted the films to be originally, but time and money restraints way back when did not allow them to happen.

3. He said he has no old effects for the OT put away for the DVDs? but I would also imagine that does NOT included stuff that he won?t be fixing or adding to already shot scenes(Sandstorm from ROTJ or Biggs and Luke?etc)

4. Believes that at this point, they?ve accomplished everything that they need to Technology wise to complete the Prequels and doesn?t for see any ?difficulties in the production?. What I got from that is, now all that?s left is to finish the story? tie it all together with The OT and make us all proud he actually made the Prequels.

Topic given. Discuss. :)

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    1. That's fine, he mainly did the Special Editions to overhaul the OT video and audio quality, so he doesn't need that for the PT.

2. That's a shame, but I sure there are plenty of original-copy versions of the OT floating around for dedicated buyers.

3. Fair enough. I'll be happy just with the best digitally possible visual and audio quality for the OT, and some cool animated menus :D

4. That's fair enough, too. I expect Ep3 to be more concentrated around the characters rather than big battles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.