main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm a newbee...help me, your my only hope.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by x-jag-wing, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x-jag-wing

x-jag-wing Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Hello,I'm new. I have no idea what to do. help me supour beings.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Hey, Jag...
    Welcome to the EU Lit forum! If you're a fan of any of the EU lit like the comics, the novels - whatever, then you should have a lot of fun here.

Some things you may want to do first - check out the first few pages worth of threads. See if anything interests you. If it doesn, jump in and post your thoughts.

If you don't see anything, then check out the Literature Index for possible past threads which are pretty common.

If you don't find anything there, then post away in a new thread of your own. See you around.

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Be nice. he's my less than, how shall we say, satr wars expert little bro

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
  5. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Hello!!

Like everyone said, look through some topics so you don't post overly redundant threads. Otherwise basically just have a lot of fun!!

~Miss Jaina

6. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    "help me supour beings."

Well my first suggestion would be to sign up for Professor Chissdude's Spelling 101 class immediately.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What, we need him typing like chissdude? Chissdude, I'm joking. If I hurt you're feelings, I'm sorry.

Anyway, we now have confirmation of a family posting on here? This may prove intresting. So which one of you has the most SW books?

I get the feeling we could see some intresting posts if the two start having some discussions back and forth concerning their views. If they both agree all the time, I'm gonna wonder if their not the same person.

8. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    newbie, eh

don't worry about the initiation. it doesent hurt all that much. just close your eyes and breathe...

9. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Breathing is probably a bad idea. SOMEONE, *cough* Genghis *cough* ;) decided to make the air acidic...he claims those who hate Zahn will breathe sulphuric acid to defame him :D

10. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    then close you eyes and...hold your breath...yeah...that's it...hold it.

11. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, Welcome to Your new life. First and foremost, you should come here: Terms of Service. Learn the rules, so you don't get in trouble with Admin.

Next you should head here:Mark up codes. That way you can learn how to do a couple of neat tricks.

Then, Have fun.

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    My welcoming wasn't nearly as warm as this...*sniffs* :(

13. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, Don't worry about it Valyn. I didn't even get a welcoming. Then again, I didn't go around screaming Hey everybody, I'm a newbie.

14. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    :D

Don't worry, we're all newbies at heart.

15. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    My first post got me a royal arse-chewing in the Classic Trilogy thread. That was a true initiation. :D

16. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    Jedistryker - Same here. My first post cut back at me like a vibroblade in the eyes. (that means it hurt ! :D )

If I recall well - it was Genghis12 who executed those perfect maneuvers.

Not that I hate him for that, in fact, I think I should thank him for opening my eyes a little more and thinking before typing. That lesson in humility taught me more than three years in a boarding school. + it got me reading Star Wars from all around. A real mind opener.
    I guess I should thank him .. just as soon as I feel ready to do so. [face_devil]

17. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I own the most books. And don't worry we never agree on all topics. He's more of rebel while I an Impiral

18. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
  19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    LOL!
    Yes, my first post, if any of you recall, dealt with AoTC neglecting to acknowledge the fact that some EU novels (like "Children of the Jedi" and "I, Jedi") suggest that the old Jedi were capable of harboring romances. My intitation "torment" was a result of me calling George Lucas lazy...heheheheh... ;)

20. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    That was because you made your debut in PSA, Valyn. If you would asked that here we would have welcomed you with open arms and had a fun, intelligent discussion with you.

Anyhooo...

Welcome to the forums, Jag. It always nice to have new members of our little Lit. family ! :)

21. IWantToBeAMod

IWantToBeAMod Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey, welcome to the forums!!!! If you need anything, anything at all, just PM me! :)

22. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Welcome aboard Jag. If you know anything about boards, then you can skip the TOS as well...it's almost always the same stuff...respect members, respect mods/admins, don't curse too much, give spoiler warnings, etc.

23. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Just a reminder if your someones little bro, you have to be 13 to be on this forum!

24. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Indeed, chissdude. Don't you think it's absolutely scandalous some kids dare to join when they haven't even reached the legal age ??? Those should have been banned for life.

25. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    From one newbee to another, I'm glad you had the guts to just out and say something like that, cuz I'm not very familiar with this stuff either, but I love the idea of having discussions like this. I salute you, x-jag-wing. May we continue to maintain this friendly and helpful attitude with all current and future newbees as they tentatively enter the forum. BTW, great signature, Yub Yub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.