main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm a newbie who has just bought 4 packs of Reflections 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by GUARDSMAN, Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    So i was thinking where do i go from here. I have a mix of rebel and imperial cards, so buying more is what i should do, but after that what is a good way of setting up a deck?

I would also like to know what the cost of a box would be and what the best way of sorting through the cards if i get it.

Lastly how do trades work around here, I've been wanting a Grand admiral Thrawn card ever since I saw his face on the pack and would like to know how much he would be worth if it was just sold or something.

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    I always recommend new players buy the Death Star II starter decks, one of each light and dark. The decks are well balanced, and cover all the basics of the game, with the exception of objectives.

In addition to (or possibly instead of) the Death Star II starters, you could get the Third Anthology. Comes with two Special Edition starter decks, which aren't as good as DSII, but includes a glossary (very important), some Premiere and Jabba's Palace boosters, and some premium cards, including two objectives.

After you've found a starting point, the rest is up to you, really. Reflections are great for new players, because you get cards from all sets. Enhanced packs are great, too. Lots of powerful characters and ships in those packs which have become staples in most decks. Jabba's Palace Sealed Deck is good for beginners, as it has some great characters (Lando and Jabba) and some easy-to-use objectives.

Box prices vary. Coruscant and Tatooine (the two latest expansions) are going as low as $60 if you buy through a distributor like Potomac (www.potomacdist.com).

There is no one good way to sort through the packs (especially Reflections!) as card distribution changes every once in a while. In Tatooine and Coruscant, the packs are sorted like this: 5 light side commons and uncommons, 1 rare (light or dark), 5 dark side commons and uncommons. Best thing to do is download the complete card list from Decipher's web site.

And finally, on trades, we don't do a lot of trading here, but you're welcome to post any trade offers. Keep the message size reasonable. But you'll see a lot more trading action if you go to the Decipher message boards.

So... what do you have for trade for a Thrawn, anyway? ;)

3. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Reflection I and II are great for newbies since you get packs from all expansions.

If you buy a box of Reflection II, you should get your thrawn unless you are very unlucky. (I am and I got the whole EU set in 1 box).

Also, I recommend the Enhanced packs that gives you rare cards plus packs from Cloud City, Jabba's Palace and premiere. The Anthology are also great to give you some packs from different expansion.

As for what is rare, you need to get a hold of the cards lists.

www.decipher.com

Click SWCCG, then card list and dowload them.

4. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    Thanks for the information guys, in those 4 packs I got I already have a Emperor Palpatine and jabba the hutt, so if u guys have a grand admiral Thrawn for trade id be willing to give up one of those. If not then id just like to know how the trading process works around here for any possible future trades.

5. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Ummm, do you mean "The Emperor", or "Emperor Palpatine" (foil)?

If you have an "Emperor Palpatine" foil, DON'T TRADE IT! It's worth about 15 Grand Admiral Thrawns! (Unless you're trading it to me, that is... ;)) If it's "The Emperor", yeah, that's a pretty fair trade. Trading Thrawn for Jabba the Hutt though is still a little lop-sided -- 1 Jabba is worth about 2-3 Thrawns I would guess.

6. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    Well thats good to know, I had the non-foil for both of them.

Im probably going to end buying the box and hope for a Grand Admiral Thrawn card, but if anyone here wants The Emperor card, then id be willing to trade.

I have a question, can i put more than one of the same charachter in the same deck, it would be sweet if i had two Grand admiral Thrawns aboard a star destroyer.

7. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    You can put more than one Thrawns in your deck, but only 1 can be on the table at a time.

8. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I usuallt play with two of the characters I want, but only one personna on table at a time. Like in my "hunt down and detroy the Jedis", I have 4 different Vaders, but only one can be on table.

9. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    I went to that potomacdist.com site and decided that i will order a Reflections II box from there. The Problem is that I have to have a 100$ minimum order, so I have about 15$ left to cover. What would u guys suggest I get, i was thinking of that YJ: Jedi council booster box, but I'd rather here some of your guys opinions first. If one of your suggestions is only a couple bucks more than the 15$ i have left to cover then that is fine with me. Well i hope u guys respone soon, I'd like to get that Reflections II boz sometime soon.

10. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    if you want YJ cards, I will gladly trade as many as you want to you, but I wouldnt recommend buying a box of JC...those cards just dont seem to be worth quite as much in the open market as the newer stuff (DOTF and BON)...my suggestion for the other $15 is to grab up any enhanced pack. your best bet might be to get an enhanced premiere character (theres Luke, Vader, Obi Wan...) they dont have immunity to attrition, but it is a good starting point because you can drop down a Jedi with stick and take out some people. no need to worry about waiting for the saber to come later. good luck!

11. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I would go with a enhance Han, or maybe the enhanced of JP that contains Mara Jade andn her ligthsaber.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here, YJ is a dead game. No one plays it.

12. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    Well ive decided to get the Reflections II box and the Third Anthology box. Unfortunatley i wont be able to order them until 2 weeks into september. Do prices change a lot on the www.potomacdist.com site or are they fairly constant?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.