main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm addicted to......

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Jul 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm addicted to short, rousing, violin pieces played at the beginning of a Star Wars movie as a smaller ship flies toward a bigger ship. No, really! I am!
    You wanna know what the heck I'm talking about?

Well, there's really only 2 of these pieces out of the 4 movies, and I'll tell ya them.

ROTJ: It's played just after the Death Star's shield is lowered, and Vader's shuttle flies towards the Death Star. It's played several times over. The exact time and track is: ROTJ SE: Disc One: Track 2, Time: 2:24. You might want to start playing it at 2:20, so you can get it in context, but that's the exact time when it starts.

TPM: It's played just as Nute Gunray says "Ahz yu know, ah blahkade IS perfehktly leGAL, and we'ad be happy to recieve da ambassadors." Then it cuts to an external view of the Radiant V and the cue I like plays. The time and track: TPM UE: Disc One: Track 3, Time: 0:27.

I dunno why, but I could just listen to these things over and over again! The weirdest part is how similar they are! Beginning of Star Wars movie, little ship flying towards big ship, both requesting permission to land, both with main characters on board, both are quick string pieces, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on!

Anyways, I hope more in-depth discussions of Star Wars music will "Jazz" up the forum a bit.

~Sithy~

2. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I love those parts, too! Hopefully, GL will have the oppurtunity to include similar pieces in Ep. 2 and/or 3.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yay, someone likes them too!

~Sithy~

4. trippinjedi

trippinjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    I'm addicted to......smack. Wait, no, well yeah, smack.

5. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    So am I. Well the UE anyway since I don't have ROTJ :(

6. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    Want to know which part of the soundtracks I cna play over an over and still ove? Probably not, but I'll tell you anyways.

In A New Hope as the Falcon is in the tracter beam. Ben says something equivalent to "There are alternatives to fighting." the Rebel Fanfare plays all out until they are in the bay. I love that bit of music.

ANH SE: Disc 2: Track 4. I can't get enough of it. Kinda sad, isn't it?

7. The_Emperors_Foot

The_Emperors_Foot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    YES, GasCabbie! I love that too!

Also, I love "The Imperial March" (as it is in TESB, with the shot of all the Star Destroyers being gazed upon by Vader), the Emperor's Theme (when he's electrocuting Luke), and the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo (when the landing craft depart the TF battleships and are approaching and landing on Naboo). If you listen carefully, you can hear a men's choir humming in the backgound.... Creepy.

Oh, yeah, and coke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.