main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho I'm baacckk.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Viper3k, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm baaacckkk. Well almost. I'm still in colorado :'( But I intended to come back to the boards.. I'm too far from the Rocky Mountain fan-force to even meet these people in person.. so I gotta keep SOME connection to Star Wars :D
    Anyways... Been talkin to Amma on AIM lately and I started really missing you guys. Kinda helps that hangin out with the club was the best time of my life... life kinda sucks now.

Anyways,
    I just recently upgraded my computer and I'm back to work on some projects some of you probably know about... a game and a Star Wars novel. Working on my first rough draft of it now.. hoping to get permision from Lucas Publishing to put the Star Wars name on it.

If not, it's disconnected enough from the rest of Star Wars lore it can stand on it's own without the awesome name :D

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    A novel huh...cool...whats it about?

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Whoa, I'm writing a SW novel! Crazy I say, crazy! What era is it set in?

4. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    Pre-Infinite Empire

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Nice. Mine is set during the dark times.

6. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    Dark times... there has been a few dark times in the 100,000+ years of the star wars timeline. Could you be a little more specific?

Personally speaking. I like setting my book so far back in history. Gives me much more freedom when writing. lol
    Not only that... if I'm denied putting "Star Wars" in the name.. My story is far enough removed from the Star Wars universe that I would still be able to publish it... would just have to remove the few Star Wars references in the intro.

7. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    The Dark Times is the offical term for the time pirod between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It comes from one of Obi-Wan's lines in A New Hope; "...before the Dark Times, before the Empire!"

Anyway, I don't think Kasey's book counts as Dark Times because it is after A New Hope. That would make it Rebellion or Classic.

8. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    I figured as much but I wasn't 100% sure if thats exactly what he was refering to. Now if it had put it in iralics like you did it would signify an actual name instead of a description... sorta like The Special Forces as opposed to special forces (had an army dude get pissed at me when I made an incorrect distiction on that)

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ah, good point Dan. Classic era then, just after the dark times.

Thanks. Good luck with your writing Tim.

10. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    Thanks, I'm going to need it. Trying to write the darkest series in Star Wars history with hopefuly the most evil sith ever isn't easy.

Good luck to you on your writing.

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks.

But in my experience, "there's no such thing as luck." :D

12. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    ok.. yea.. I don't have any response to that ya drunken old man.

*whispers* psst. You die before you ever seen land again

13. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Whats up Fellas its Benji from Chicago, it's been awhile, i have'nt seen any of yous since C3, whats everyone been up to? If C5 is in Chicago, i'll be throwing a big party for everyone, as a thanx for being great friends at C3, Whats everyone been up to?

Benji

14. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    Speaking of good luck... I could use some help.. well from anybody.

I have no idea how to do my introduction.
    I have to introduce the reader to the system they're on, the fact that the terms Jedi, Sith, and The Force have never been heard of.. Lightsabers aren't even invented yet... and it's roughly 50 years before the Rakatan become the Infinite Empire!

Thats a lot of info and I have NO idea how to give it to the readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.