main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I'm Back!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mindtwister_138, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Ok guys and gals, I know I've not been posting here for awhile, and I haven't really given any reason as to why, but I will now.

Back in April, I hurt my back pretty badly to the point where it was hard for me to get out of bed. I also had issues with the left side of my face where I couldn't touch it without being in severe pain.

The Docs sent me to a neurologist, who then ordered an MRI on my brain. They didn't find the source of the facial pain, and diagnosed it as trigeminal neuralgia. They also found a blood clot in one of the arteries in my brain.

Then the docs gave me 2 different kinds of morphine and sent me to start physical therapy. I have been doing that for about 5 weeks now.

Today is my first day back to work, and this is usually where I check the boards and such.

Sorry for not letting anyone know sooner, but I didn't want to have you guys worrying about me needlessly.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Twisty twisty twisty...we're more worried when we DON'T hear from you. Glad you're back. Sorry about all the setbacks you've had but glad you're on the mend.

Always feel free to share both the good and bad in your life.

Hope to see you in person again real soon :)

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    love you my nerfherder!

4. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Glad to hear you are doin better man... was worried about you

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Twisty:
    PM or email me if you need anything. Blood clot in the brain? Did they put you on blood thinners?
    Preying for you bro-- you my nerfherder!

6. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    You guys are the best! I know it gets worrisome when I don't post or speak, but sometimes when I get like that, I tend to not even get online or anything at all. I really don't mean to cause any worry.

Cannot wait to see you all in person again soon...it really has been far too long and I could use the company of some SW peeps to have some fun.

Jammis, my nerfherder...they only have me on aspirin. They have told me that they could do surgery on the clot, but there would be a good chance that I wouldn't make it through it.

So that's the updated info on what's going on with me.

7. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey Twisty;
    Sure is good to see you on the boards again, sorry to hear about all the internal problems. But the good thing is your BACK and swinging again.

8. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Hugs and much love to you Twisty.. you are one tenacious individual. I know how things can wear you out, especially where health is concerned. Please lean on us whenever you need us. In a big way it says... I trust you. Will be so happy to see you bro. Take care and keep on keeping on. [face_dancing]

9. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Thank you Zannah! I want you all to know that I do trust you, and more than I do most of my family and just about every other individual out there.

LOL!!! Appo said BACK!