main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I'm BACK!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by SithLord-Will, Nov 28, 2014.

1. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    I am simply AMAZED my old account is even still active. After eight long years, I return! Hello everyone, I doubt many will remember me, but I used to bang around here back during the time when the Prequels were still coming out.

When I was in High School, Star Wars was my favorite franchise. I would spend HOURS here on the forums either analyzing the Original Trilogy, or speculating the Prequels. After graduation and Revenge of the Sith I kind of... Lost interest. I still loved Star Wars, obviously. But I started to move on to other Sci-Fi, became more interested in Star Trek (GASP). Star Wars kind of lost just a little bit of the allure it once had.

But I'll be damned if the revival of the films hasn't sparked something. It started small, when the... New Trilogy? I guess thats what I can call it... When it was announced I actually felt very little. I thought it was a sign that I had shed the final vestige of my fandom for Star Wars... But little by little. My zeal returned. I kept being drawn back into what I loved in the past. Like an old glove I sank back into my comfort with the franchise, telling friends and family all about the series.

Then came JJ Abrams.

Like I mentioned, when I started to lose interest in Star Wars I started to become more and more a Trekkie. Abrams has already dashed one beloved franchise against the rocks, here he was about to do it again with my old love, my new love.

With the Trailer released, I feel it's high time to dust off my old account, and jump back into the fray. Just wanted to say hi, and give a little back story.

cubman987 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well welcome back hope to have some interesting conversations with you here.

3. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ...I'm actually surprised that my account is still here as well. Apparently, I've been a member since 2001 ? More than a decade ago ?

Boy, does time fly ...

4. StuartBurton

StuartBurton Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 1999
    Me too - can't believe I've been a member here for 15 years now...

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002