main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "I'm Bitter Because (the resurrection)..."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I found a great old thread that deserves resurrection. The "I'm Bitter Because..." thread.

I'm bitter because if I hadn't've taken that last job out of panic, I'd've had two weeks' severance pay, plus been eligible for unemployment while I got my next gig set up. Not to mention that the last two weeks were 20 times the work at nearly 10% less pay. Oh well. Kids, do NOT take jobs out of panic!

2. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Pooor JB. /comfort [:D]

3. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Applying virtual chocolate...*now*...

Mary-SPJ

4. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks guys! My old boss actually called me at home too, to offer solace. I do feel less bitter now!

5. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Well, our big guy here in Capra just got replaced! I guess it's contagious...

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Aww, JB. :(
    That's nice of your old boss to call, wow.

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    It is. I know an industry-watcher who described a "rats-deserting-a-sinking-ship" syndrome, and told me I should count my lucky stars. Think about it: parent company had a Very Bad Year when you consider, umm, batteries exploding all over and expensive game-consoles not really doing well. So even though the flicks are doing well, money has to come from somewhere. So that's why what ain't broke is gettin' fixed. I predict the company will be for sale...within a year or two. Really. Keep that resume up-to-date!

8. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Flicks are doing we?? What about I Know Who Killed Me?? Pile of poodoo! I actually went to see this, luckily for free, but what a waste of two hours. There is something I am bitter about. Not to mention I can't get my blue badge until Tuesday because they are out of stock!!!

9. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm bitter because of my work schedule. It blows. I need a new job.

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm back from vacation, I'm currently not bitter.

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I forgot I'm also bitter because I had to get a tetanus shot yesterday. My arm still hurts.:_|

I might be visiting this thread more than I should...

12. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm bitter because my dad went grocery shopping this morning and bought cookies and two ice creams. Will it NEVER end?! :(

13. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    ES,
    Whats wrong with cookies and ice cream? Yummy! =P~

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    EXACTLY.

15. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm bitter because I can't get a regular schedule at Fox, instead of being an "on call temp" when they need me.

16. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Sorry to hear that SJ. I imagine it's a tenor type thing, in time you will get it... Best of luck! (At least it's not Paramount!)

17. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Sorry SJ. Maybe you should see if they have a more permanent position for you there.

18. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    LAUSD is testing for new positions right now, not just teachers. I've been testing like crazy, found out I've passed 2 tests so far & still waiting to hear about 2 more.

JB, Have you tried LA Center Studios? Weren't you also saying you wanted to work closer to home? Maybe this is a 'blessing in disguise.'

JB, APL, SJ & VK2 (Yeah, I know I'm talking to myself, too.) best of luck finding just the right job for each of you(& me).

But, then we'll have to find something else to be bitter about. Well, I guess there's always global warming.

19. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm bitter because I have to rent out my extra room. The worst part of that (besided losing my privacy) is that I have to move all my collectables out and smoosh them into the kiddlette's room.

Of course, that will give him just one more reason to be bitter about me! Teenagers!! :rolleyes:

20. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Buddy, I would, but for the position that I got, I'd need to be at a University closer to my degree or with more experience in accounting. I got really lucky with this position, and it sucks cause the people I work with all like working with me, and they're trying their best to get me in with a more regular position that'll lead possibly to a full time position. My agency is working hard for me to get into Fox.

21. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I am bitter, because it takes a lot longer to recover from 4 Vodka Tonics and a beer at 36, then it did at 23.

Ah, the single, young days. Sure was fun back then...

22. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    DB,
    Might I suggest perhaps increasing the tonic component in the voda to tonic ratio you are currently imbibing with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.