main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IM BOYCOTING DARK JOURNY!(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLurker

JediLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    No you're not. You know that you'll get Dark Journey, same as the rest of us. I mean, come on... could you really stand to have the book talked about and stuff here and then not be able to read it? Riiight. I'd bet you anything that you'll go out and get it as soon as possible.

2. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Boycotting because of JAG? Are you crazy...
    [face_love]

Ahhh, amor. *sigh*

3. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I'll wait and see jag's role before I boycott.

4. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Am I the *only* girl on this board who isn't madly in love with Jagged Fel?! *sigh* For the life of me, I can't figure out what everyone sees in him. Believe it or not, when I first came onto this message board, I actually had to go BACK to the Dark Tide series and flip through the book to find out who this guy was, because I had forgotten! Is that the only book he is in, because I didn't find anything particularly special about him.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    No IM CUTTER THEN JAG!!!!!!!!Im marrying Jaina enless....nevermine.....

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I wouldn't want to read Dark Journey if Jag wasn't in it! So there. :p

7. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    GoldenVeila, you're not alone; I don't particuarly see what the big fuss is about Jag either. Oh, I'm sure he's cool and all, but he's had what, two lines thus far, plus that short story? And now he's got thousands of rabid fans. It's kind of amazing.

Of course, I'm not really one to talk about rabid fans... I may not be in love with Jag Fel, but then there's Jacen Solo... :D

8. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, I was pretty sure that was all Jag was in. Weird. He always seemed kinda...somber to me. Overly serious. Am I just missing something? Everyone says he's so sweet. *shrugs* Personally, I think Jaina should end up with Zekk. If Jag is the one who ends up helping her out of the dark side, and not Zekk, it would be pretty upsetting to me. I mean, Zekk is the one who really cares about her.:p What's up with that...Zekk's the one who was in Shadow Academy after all.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I hate him.

10. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    GhentZ makes it sound as though Kyp and Jag are the main male players in DJ. I'm not sure that Zekk is going to play much of a part in that one.

11. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah :( I know. But I can dream, can't I, lol.

12. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Sure. :)You can at least be relieved he made it through SbS...so many didn't. :(

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    First off I'm going to say I'm sorry I haven't been around in a couple of days, but my team just went to NCAA regionals in NYC so I had to be there :)

Secondly, before I start believing all these rumors of Jag or Kyp being in Dark Journey, I'd like to see some written proof, ie. a website where it describes these spoilers, or Elaine Cunningham sending me a private message telling me that either Jag or Kyp or both are in Dark Journey. Unless I see that I really don't feel like buying into this hype. It is a matter of my own opinion that we will see both of them, but that is not the same as fact. You get where I'm coming from?

And lastly, I don't get either what all the fuss is with Jag! I mean, he had two lines! We don't even know what he looks like, for gods sakes! How can you people be so sure that Jaina and Jag are meant for one another if you don't even really know anything about him more than that he's a fighter pilot? Even Kyp has more personality, albiet sometimes a little negative. I mean, he blew up Carida, he's got the lives of billions on his hands, he's on this personal crusade to redeem himself, and on top of that he's a bit of a handsome jerk. What do we know of Jag besides that he's Soontir Fel's son and that he flies with chiss? NOTHING!

So, I hope that Jaina doesn't end up with Jag. That would so turn me off. It's so obvious he was just put in there to give her a love interest. I mean, if they were going to give Jaina a love interest, at least introduce his character and then have him be a regular in the series, darnit!!! None of this "one-liner no-show boy-toy" stuff!

Sorry for my little rant, I was experiencing withdrawl from the forums so I thought I'd let you all have a taste of "super-concentrated" opinion :p

Jae Angel

14. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Chissdude, hang it up. Your not fictional, therefore you can't have Jaina. (expect in your dreams)

Now please deal with that.

As for the cuteness issue. I'd have to say it goes to neither of you, you're both *censored* ugly. But that's just my opinion.

Please take note I'm male.

15. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    If DJ has Jaina, Kyp, and Danni in it, maybe Kyp and Danni get together. She is older than Jaina. Maybe the age thing won't be a problem there. It would be sad if they did because I like the idea of Kyp and Jaina.

16. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    (boy, you guys are allot kinder than the guys at TPM boards...)

It could be worse, she could be going with Kyp. (if the universe is lucky, she will fry him after using him to do allot of distruction to the vong).

17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    "I'd like to see some written proof,ie website where it desrcibes these spoilers"

I said GhentZ which most around here know is Jedinet.

"...or Elaine Cunningham send me a private message telling me that either Jag or Kyp or both are in Dark Journey. Unless I see that I don't feel like buying into this hyp."

Shelly Shapiro said in an email to me when I wrote on this subject that "Jag is not gone.". Months ago when I wrote to EC she did not say that much but did say not to be surprise if he showed up again somewhere along the way. You don't know me and of course you don't have to believe me but that is where my confidence came from.

"It is a matter of my own opinion that we will see both of them, but that is not the same as fact. You see where I am coming from?"

Yes I do and I did not try to pass it off as a fact, so please don't use me or others to try to sound smart.

"We don't even know what he looks like..." He is described in some detail in Ruin.

He also had a short story which constituted more than "two lines". :)

18. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    We do know what he looks like. He was described very closely in Red Sky, Blue Flame, which was, incidentally, written by Elaine Cunningham, who is, incidentally, writing Dark Journey, which is, incidentally, most likely about the characters about who she's been writing these stories (Jaina and Jag). Logic.

19. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I think I might be the only one on here who isn't in love with any of the characters in any of the SW books.

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    huh?!? BLASPHEMY!!!

21. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    I am looking forward to it. I am not in love with Jag but I think it will be interesting even woithout him. I do have more of an interest because he might be in it. I don't see why they would mention how Jaina feels when she met him if something wasn't going to happen. I want to know what that is, if they get together or not. I want to know more about this guy just because he seems interesting, and how do you people know he is cute? are there any pics of him?

22. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    He was described as handsome in Ruin, but other than that there is no basis for it.

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    There's a description in Red Sky, Blue Flame. He looks like a younger, bulkier Wedge.

24. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I guess Jag is just one of those characters.

George Lucas was kind of befuddled at the fan base Boba Fett generated, as his part was TINY.

Some of them just strike a chord. ;)

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes I do and I did not try to pass it off as a fact, so please don't use me or others to try to sound smart.

I wasn't trying to sound smart. That's the problem with the written word, people misinterpret your tone all the time. I was more trying to sound casual. I'm just very skeptical of things by nature, which is why I refuse to believe Jag is a good choice for Jaina until I see more of him alongside her.

I don't care if he's "handsome". Handsome is a subjective thing. There are plenty of guys with huge muscles and a unibrow that some girls would swoon over and call handsome. They live in a specific frat house down the street from me at my college. Some might say they're hot, others say they're meatheads. Plus, I need to know a guy before I can determine whether they're cute or not. Just because a guy is cute on the outside doesn't mean they're a good match for you. If you want a good example of this, go see the new movie "Shallow Hal"! :) I saw it today and it was great!

So, with that rant I totally forgot what the original topic was! :p Anyway, I assume Red Sky, Blue Flame was from one of the Gamer magazines. I have never even seen any of these magazines in my bookstore nor would I know where to look for them. Therefore that is why I have no basis on which to judge whether Jag Fel is good for Jaina or not. All I have is a few lines in Ruin where he's described as handsome, apparently. However, I do believe we will be seeing Jag again in the NJO, because it seems Elaine Cunningham has a certain like for his character if she wrote a short story about him. I REALLY hope that they develop his character more in Dark Journey! If they don't then it would be disappointing to me, because as a Jaina fan I need to know that the guy Jaina ends up with is perfect for her. If they make Jag be that perfect man, then so be it, I will like it. If not, then I guess I'll have to stick to my fanfic where she marries a different guy :p Hehe! No matter how much of an uber-pilot Jag is he can't compete with my uber-pilot, uber-jedi character :D

Jae Angel

PS- And I'm NOT referring to Kyp :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.