main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Im brand new here. A big hello to all you loyal Star Wars fans...May The Force Be With You

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by sysnootle, Apr 22, 2015.

1. sysnootle

sysnootle Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2015
    These are exciting times for star wars fans. There is so much going on at the moment. It reminds me of when I was a kid and star wars had just come in to my life. 30 something years later and Star Wars is as big as ever. I never realised just how huge the Star Wars community is. It's just insane..and I love it!

As a huge Star Wars fan I have been wondering if anyone knows for sure if the original trilogy in its original glory will be released at the cinema and home cinema to coincide with the release of the 7th Star Wars movie "The Force Awakens" which by the way looks AMAZING!!!!

There are a lot of forums saying that Disney couldn't release the old versions of the original trilogy even if they wanted as they don't own the rights...that maybe true...but then some people are saying it is definitely happening.. I truly hope it does..

Does anyone have any up to date accurate info on this please?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    As far as I know it's still unknown. Believe me, many of us want the OOT.

sysnootle likes this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If it weren't for that Jabba's palace scene with the singers and dancers, the re-releases with the new scenes wouldn't be so bad. But that one scene just makes me absolutely cringe.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Glad that's so for some but I'm not among them.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hi and welcome.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    sysnootle, welcome to the Boards.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Sysnootle! :)

Interesting name it reminds me on "sith noodle". :D

About your question, I guess you need to contact Disney themselves to get the best and most truly answer, but keep in mind that OT isn't similar to OT. There's a "new" version of it and I'd bet they would show the new one instead of the original original trilogy (OOT). So don't hope too much for he OOT, but there's a change to watch Prequel Trilogy, OT and sequel trilogy (ST) somewhere. But if you want to make sure to watch them all including the OOT with some real SW fans, then check out your local FanForce. I'm sure they'll do such a marathon. ;). :D Nice place to stay and for sure a good time SW-wise. :D

See you around and ask, if you have further questions. :)

8. sysnootle

sysnootle Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2015
    yes I agree
    [face_laugh]

9. sysnootle

sysnootle Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2015
    thank you