main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm buying a Genesis

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jedi Bib, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I still have my old Genisis, the only games I've kept for it were Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3. I never really liked any others.

I still play my old 8 bit Nintendo more. I still haven't beat Mike Tyson on Punch Out or the first Castlevania. I've been trying for 14 years now :(

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Should be able to deck Tyson now, B'omie. ;)

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Yes. Maybe trade it in for a post-Lewis cartidge. ;)

EDIT: Or possibly just have them load in his new stats on the old one, at a Sega factory.

4. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    I love the old Genesis games, I've been playing Shining Force 1&2 on my emulator for weeks. Already beat them about 3 times each, maybe I'll try it without the gameshark codes now :p

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    There was this one game, I think it is called King of the Monsters, where you were a Godzilla or King Kong like character, fighting other monsters in cities. You could throw buildings and cars at your opponent. That was kind of a fun game.

I also highly recommend Earthworm Jim, Smash TV, Roadblasters, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Good luck!

6. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Earthworm Jim is good.

7. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I wish EA Sports would bring out a modern version of Mutant League Football. I still remember runnig down the left sideline for a winning score against my brother only to fall into space as the field have a whole in it.

I still prefered CyberBall.

8. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah, EA could use the Madden engine. It could be a brilliant game.

"The Referee was incinerated!"

"Forfeit. Not enough players alive."

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I can't remember who the developer is, but a similar game to King of Monsters is on the way to the Gamecube, with a host of Godzilla characters, etc. Keep an eye out for it.

10. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Altered Beast = COOL.

UKS

11. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I forgot to mention Golden Axe as well. There were some great games on the Genesis. Let's not forget the Toejam & Earl series, either. I cannot wait to play the newest installment on my Xbox.

12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I think that Godzilla game was King of The Monsters and it wasn't a godzilla game

That new godzilla game looks pretty wicked I wonder if it's an upgraded copy of Godzilla Generations that was for dreamcast. Any way the G-man is back!!!

13. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm still waiting for someone to say toe Jam & Earl 3 will come to PC, rather than being stuck on XBox,
    I loved the original game, Earl was the man

14. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    "There was this one game, I think it is called King of the Monsters, where you were a Godzilla or King Kong like character, fighting other monsters in cities. You could throw buildings and cars at your opponent. That was kind of a fun game."

Wasn't that on the original NES? I think they may have released an updated version on the PSX a little while ago. :confused:

Earthworm Jim was cool. Maximum Carnage was great, better than "Separation Anxiety." I still get nostalgic thinking about the old MK and Sonic games though (have you seen the latest installments? Almost unrecognizable).

15. Emperor-Palpatine

Emperor-Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out = Greatest. Game. Ever.

16. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Waning Drill, that is Rampage your thinking about (maybe)

King Of The Monsters was originally on the Neo-Geo.. I think it was ported to the MegaDrive.

UKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.