main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Confused what to do here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Beard_vs_Geek, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Beard_vs_Geek

Beard_vs_Geek Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2016
    Hi Everyone,
    Recently I put up a thread that was a link to a video I recently made giving 10 reasons why the Rebel Alliance could be considered terrorists or at the very least, not the perfect heroes some would think. Shortly after I posted it the first time it was locked and the only explanation I got as to why was that it was posted in the wrong area. So I posted it again in an area that i believed would be appropriate.In addition to this I didn't know what a locked thread meant until after the second time. I thought the post was just removed and I was the only one who could see it. Hence part of the reason for the re-post.
    In this location the post did spark a conversation about the topic and got people talking not just about the topic but about the policies of this forum. At post 20 the thread was locked with the advice by the admin that I not share my videos about Star Wars.
    So I'm confused, I'm not trying to promote my videos for some cynical or commercial reason. I'm just better at putting my thoughts about a franchise I love in video form as opposed to text form. And to my understanding the purpose of this forum is to share our thoughts and feeling about a franchise that we all enjoy and can therefore enjoy together.
    So what am I doing wrong? I do try to come back and comment back on peoples posts and form a dialogue but the last two times I tried to do this the threads were locked and I couldn't even message the admins to ask why or ask for clarifying information.
    I would really some some clarification and find out what I'm doing wrong and how I can improve. Thank you so much.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If your participation in threads appears to be limited to creating and bumping threads you've made which appear indistinguishable from promoting your YouTube channel you stand a decent chance of being subject to our rules against advertising, full stop, regardless of professed intent.

I would suggest taking some time to participate in pre-existing threads using text replies and at some later time possibly PMing the moderator of a forum in advance prior to posting your next thread based on a video you make, so that you can find out if you are targeting the correct forum and whether or not they consider the thread warranted.