main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I'm getting too old for this sort of thing...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    As some of you may know, I'm retiring as South Island Rep for the Fanforce Forums. I have been super busy lately and have had little time to spend on the boards. dont start celebrating yet, I'll still be around, just not as much. ;)

I'd like to thank Matt for all his help and support, and everyone else for making this so much fun. Its been great to be able to meet some of you, the get-together for episode II was great. Hopefully there will be more events to come.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on if we should continue to have a representative for the south, and if so, nominations of who this could be.

Thanks
    Centuri Chan

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Ooh, ooh, pick me! :D

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Its a sad thing to hear, this. :(

Its a shame to see you go, Chansplace, you've done a lot for FF.

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Sad to see it posted Cen. You know my thoughts on this subject, and who I think would be a good "replacement".

Glad to hear you'll stay around.

Mark.

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    i sad sad day u have been real good getting me figs and tfs and yourve also done a real good job here thanks for all yourve done

id like to nominate myself as the new south island rep

6. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Ace i think someone will have to invent an auto spell checkl on the JC before You or even me for that matter would become a rep Lol

7. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    you guys seem to have a good christchurch group going, maybe you should just have the new rep representing that group only, that way you can all take a proper vote on it among yourselves, viva democracy

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Chans get's the final say, and he is in the right direction with the possibilities.

I'm not fussed.

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Just a quick note about CRs, guys - age is a consideration. City Reps do have to be over 18. :)

10. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well, since it is a pretty much ceremonial role, well in terms of actual fanforce online "powers" anyway, i think you should vote on it, after all the CR represents the fan region, in this case Christchurch, so you Chch members (inc Chans) should choose the CR rep, preferably in a democratic fashion

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Sounds ok to me.

Chans should make a poll, with everyone from Chch (who's over 18).

EDIT = Not that I think I'd get chosen, but don't bother voting for me. With uni I don't have all that much time here, as you may have realised.

12. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    well Chans thanks for all your hard work and especially the tickets for AOTC!!
    I'd be keen to give it a go, may mean I'd have to spend less time gaming and downloading but...

13. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm fine with whoever will create a grand army of the south, to counter the increasing threats of the north.

14. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    wesa havin' a grand army, that why mesa think you not likin' us much

perhaps a southern jedi temple would be more in order

15. -MacGyver-

-MacGyver- Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2000
    I'll create you a fine Jedi Temple using cardboard toilet paper rolls, cereal boxes, a whole roll of duct tape and some assorted Connect Four pieces.

16. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry to see you go Cen. Thanks heaps for all your imput. It's all much appreciated.

I think it would be good a idea as previously suggested to come forward with some names. You Cantab's know who is currently suited best for the role eg: age, passion etc. I don't want it to just be just a "Christchurch" decision though. Even though the core group is there i'm keen to have imput from others in the south too.
    I think it would also be nice if everyone got to vote too (North included) I think we have a fair idea of how involved most people are.

Thanks again, all the best.

Matt

17. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    just cause chch is the biggist shouldnt go to them looks like im outa the candacy im only 15

18. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    spelling and grammar could be useful too ace

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    How do we make the "poll" ligit though?

People (not that they would) could make socks to vote for them.

Outsiders could post, and possibly create the desciding votes etc.

I say we nominate - then second - then if those persons accept - they can write a speech addressing all of us here tellinf us what they hope to achieve with their new power.

:)

//wants to hear/read funny speeches and make people earn their power//

Who here are from the south island, and are able to be city rep (age, free time)?

20. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I agree with Matt, even though theres a strong fan base in christchurch, i think it should be a nationwide vote. as for sticking with a christchurch/cantab rep, probably a good idea but i don't think its absoloutely necessary.

so lets hear some nominations. I nominate Darth Graal (if he can curb his gaming addiction :)) and (can I make 2 nominations? ahh too bad...) Humble Extra (if we decide to stick with South Island rep.)

by the way, I'm still keen to organise meets etc for chch FF/SWNZ members, I had plans for a swapmeet a while back so hopefully that will happen sometime soon.

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I second both choices. (I can do that - I'm a sith.)

Speech!!!

22. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    If I can make a suggestion regarding votes? I've found the best method is simply private message them to me. Leave it open for a week or so, and at the end of it I tally them and you have a new CR. :)

23. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I thought Humble had moved north...? Terribly sorry if I'm wrong there, Humble...

Whoever wins must create a Grand Army of the South, though ;)

24. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    well I'm happy to accept the nomination, it could help legitamize the reason I spend so much time on line! :)
    admittedly most of my star wars passion is gaming related, my fiance' just rolls her eyes every time I come up with another star wars game, I really don't have the space or the disposable income to take up collecting (now she's reading over my shoulder and letting out a sigh of relief!!)

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    JP as MOD "legitamises" his time on these boards... but his wife doesn't know he's a mod. She'll go bonkers if she found out.

(NB: the above statement was true last time I talked to JP about it. He may have told his ball 'n' chain since then)

Graa: You have 48hours to come up with your speech. We will not grant you immediate power until such a time as a speech hath been produced.

And after your time as C.R has ended - you must give up this "Power". But we all know you wont...

SPOILERS! OH MAW GAWD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.