I'm Going to Dragon*Con This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Jedi-Loreen, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Some of you already know (and some of you probably don't care :p ), that this weekend I will be in Atlanta, attending Dragon*Con for the first time.

It would have to take something big for me not to go to the John Williams concert with you people. I've been a fan of his movie scores since The Poseidon Adventure came out in 1972, before most of you were born, even thought of. I used to listen to the "Jaws" score quite frequently before "Star Wars" came out.

I've been checking out the boards, and I seem to be the only one from the Southern California Fan Force chapters that's going. At least, noone's posting about it if they are going.

I will be going to the Official Fan Force Dinner on Saturday night. Since I'll be representing So. Cal., I'll try to leave everyone there with a favorable impression of us here. ;)

I had asked Barry if he could make me a couple of badges for me to take with me, but I don't know if he's had the chance.

I have an email notification from our OCSWS boards that I had a new Privat message, and I'd hoped it was from him, but when I opened my in box, it said "You have no new messages". So I don't know what happened.

I'll try to remember to take pictures while I'm there. I'm too used to someone else having a camera and doing that. [face_laugh] I don't seem to be that great of a photographer.

I'll be partying with Fan Force, Rebel Legion, and 501st people. :D
  2. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    Loreen, this is fantastic! The list of guests at Dragon Con is amazing, so I'm glad someone from OCSWS is going...

Have a Great Time! :D
  3. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Jim, I shall certainly try! :D
  4. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, Barry will have my badges I asked him for finished! :)

He's making one of his great OCSWS Con badges, with our logo, and a new design for a Rebel Legion badge that he told me Britt helped him with when I talked with him on AIM earlier.

I'll pick them up from him Wed. because I'm getting off early from work.

Thanks, Barry! :D

I'm going to be a total badge nerd at Dragon*Con, with my Jedi Knight Iintergalactic Passport that James finally found for me at Disneyland after searching for months, my badge that the guy who runs Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy made me, plus the 2 badges that Barry has made me. (Not to mention my Dragon*Con badge) :p

I'll see what I can to to get our name out there while I'm at Dragon*Con. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.