main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I'm Going to Kill You With My Tea Cup": The Chronicles of Riddick

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 11, 2003.

1. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I would LOVE this, if it happens. Twohy is terrific, and i've loved both Riddick films so far...

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    About time we saw some news on this. I'd love to see two more of these.

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Not a perfect series, nor perfect films by any means, but I did enjoy the first two and would be interested to see where the story goes.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    More word on next Riddick

Maybe we're too tight-lipped about the next Chronicles of Riddick film, and I think circa the release of [Dark Athena] that's probably when you'll start hearing more about the next Riddick film. It is underway
    David Twohy is finishing up the next script.

5. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Is Ridick the new necrowhatever ruler?

Had he accepted that position? I dont remember clearly.

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'd rather have a "Below" sequel. Best submarine ghost story movie ever.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Necromonger.

And I think it's been indicated that he did in interview comments. The theatrical cut has Rohan McCoy saying "you keep what you kill" which leaves his acceptance debateable- but the director's cut has Riddick saying "you keep what you kill", which seems like he's accepting it.

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Eh, i'll watch anything with Twohy involved...

Always felt like Chronicles of Riddick was kinda underrated. Would love to see a sequel..

9. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Necromonger.

And I think it's been indicated that he did in interview comments. The theatrical cut has Rohan McCoy saying "you keep what you kill" which leaves his acceptance debateable- but the director's cut has Riddick saying "you keep what you kill", which seems like he's accepting it.

Thanks.

10. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    My husband will be thrilled with this news.
    Riddick is his favorite. He was even trying to form a theory about Starbuck on BSG,
    if she wasn't maybe like a Necro race.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vin Doesel interview

Question: Would this third, smaller scale Riddick close the trilogy?

Diesel: Well, you remember when I had talked about Riddick, I talked about Riddick as being The Fellowship in the Tolkien series. So I was using Pitch Black as Hobbit as the independent story that introduces you to the world of Middle Earth, and then taking the Chronicles of Riddick and treating it as a trilogy that goes from the story that you saw to the underverse and ultimately to Furia in the third film.

Question: Twohy's writing it?

Diesel: He's currently writing the third. It's hot, but to answer your question specifically about the scaled down aspect, yes. There is a scaled down portion of this that goes back to the Pitch Black style of telling the story.

Question: But it's still the 2nd, not the third?

Diesel: Yeah, absolutely. That's exactly what I'm saying. So if you think of Pitch Black as an introduction to the world. If you think of Lord of the Rings and I'm just using it as a parallel. You're thinking of Lord of the Rings, there are three books, a trilogy. You would think of The Chronicles of Riddick as the first in that trilogy and there will be two more to follow.

So the third movie will be about Furia itself. [face_thinking]

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
  13. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Quest posted:
    Diesel: He's currently writing the third. It's hot, but to answer your question specifically about the scaled down aspect, yes. There is a scaled down portion of this that goes back to the Pitch Black style of telling the story."

Thats great, they can focus more on the characters.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vin Diesel has revealed the working titles of the second and third Chronicles of Riddick films: "The Underverse? and ?The Furyan", and that they may be produced at the same time. And that they're pushing for an R rating for at least one of them, if not both.

15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I'll be interested to see where they take the story... though I must say I found CoR rather silly. PB is fairly interesting sci-fi/horror in the Alien vein, but CoR I found overblown and just plain dumb. Glad to read the creators are scaling it back a bit for the 2nd and 3rd installments.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If we're talking about Starbuck in those terms, she'd DEFINETLY be a Furian.

And, yeah its nice to hear that there will definetly be more Riddick. I really liked the look of TCOR. I've often said that I'd like to see what David Twohy could do with Dune. TCOR's techno-baroque look was really interesting and made the movie very operatic. I could see that look working really well with Dune.

17. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I am a little disappointed about the story being scaled back because I enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick more than Pitch Black, (although I was surprised at how much I liked Pitch Black) but I'm hoping that since the first 2 were really good, all I really need to hope for is that this one also just continues to follow the them in that regard .

The only thing I didn't like much was Dark Fury.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vin says...

The Riddick team is in New Zealand location scouting already... that's exciting.

19. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    New Zealand Community - recommendations for Riddick film sites?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vin Diesel Set For A Third Time As Riddick

Vin Diesel is officially set to star in and produce a third film featuring his famed anti-hero character Riddick for Universal Pictures and Lionsgate reports Variety.

"Pitch Black" and "The Chronicles of Riddick" writer/director David Twohy will helm from his own screenplay. The story will avoid the large scale space opera of 'Chronicles' in favour of a dark, character-driven thriller more along "Pitch Black" lines.

Production is not expected to get underway until after Diesel finishes work on "Fast Five", the fifth film in the "Fast and Furious" franchise.

[face_dancing]

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Next Riddick synopsis

"Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick (Diesel) fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before.

Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge.

With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction."

22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    ...fights for survival against alien predators....

I certainly hope they ran that by 20th Century Fox! ;)

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm a fan of Riddick and I can't wait till this is ready.

24. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    No doubt it will be exciting....

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm guessing it refers to this critter.